The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
The difference is I don't hear those other manufactures telling the world that their software is better than humans. My problem with Elon isn't that he is making this product, though I'm not happy about any of them testing software on public roads, its that he makes claims that are clearly lies and people just believe him. That man is a liar but it seems people just want to believe his hype.

A Tesla is currently statistically safer than a human driver, I don't know how you can't grasp that lol. You just keep saying he's lying but the data shows he's not.

Last edited:
Soldato
A Tesla is currently statistically safer than a human driver, I don't know how you can't grasp that lol. You just keep saying he's lying but the data shows he's not.

Funny because I've been driving since 1987 and on motorbikes and the only accidents I've been in (other than race track) was when I was hit. Now I could find videos showing Tesla doing crazy **** that would have resulted in an accident if the human hadn't intervened. They aren't going in to your data are they. So tell me how its safer than me? I don't have someone sat next to me ready to intervene. You have simply been sucked in by his hype.

Soldato
Funny because I've been driving since 1987 and on motorbikes and the only accidents I've been in (other than race track) was when I was hit. Now I could find videos showing Tesla doing crazy **** that would have resulted in an accident if the human hadn't intervened. They aren't going in to your data are they. So tell me how its safer than me? I don't have someone sat next to me ready to intervene. You have simply been sucked in by his hype.

This post is so dumb it's not worth responding to

Soldato
This post is so dumb it's not worth responding to

You are claiming Tesla can drive better than a human, I'm a human. I don't drive on to verges when on a narrow road, I don't swerve into oncoming traffic for no reason. Or are we comparing it to the worst drivers on the road?

From what I can find only 19% of Tesla owners in the US buy FSD, so you have to take out 4/5 of Tesla from the figures. Has Elon removed those from his figures? Why does he have FSD disengage a couple of seconds before the car crashes if not to try and hide a crash caused by FSD?

Last edited:
Soldato
You are claiming Tesla can drive better than a human, I'm a human. I don't drive on to verges when on a narrow road, I don't swerve into oncoming traffic for no reason. Or are we comparing it to the worst drivers on the road?

From what I can find only 19% of Tesla owners in the US buy FSD, so you have to take out 4/5 of Tesla from the figures. Has Elon removed those from his figures? Why does he have FSD disengage a couple of seconds before the car crashes if not to try and hide a crash caused by FSD?

You didn't look at Tesla's figures, you have no idea you're talking about, you display increasingly that you have a poor understanding of statistics or what Elons claim of FSD being better than humans is related to, you don't know how that is defined or the numbers behind it. Despite all that you've called him a liar and cited laughable anecdotes about how long you've been driving. It is a hot day though so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you've been drinking. Essentially this is a microcosm of all of your posts in here.

Last edited:
Soldato
You didn't look at Tesla's figures, you have no idea you're talking about, you display increasingly that you have a poor understanding of statistics or what Elons claim of FSD being better than humans is related to, you don't know how that is defined or the numbers behind it. Despite all that you've called him a liar and cited laughable anecdotes about how long you've been driving. It is a hot day though so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you've been drinking. Essentially this is a microcosm of all of your posts in here.

Then show me the figures Roar. When Elon stands on a stage and says his cars can drive better than humans what do you think he means? Or is that just hyperbole?

I see you ignore the part about Tesla disengaging just before the accident, no explanation for why they'd code it to do that?

Last edited:
Soldato
Then show me the figures Roar. When Elon stands on a stage and says his cars can drive better than humans what do you think he means? Or is that just hyperbole?

There's several metrics and all of them show a Tesla with autopilot on is safer than a human driver. One is how many miles are driven per crash, another is how often autopilot avoids a crash compared to a human, autopilot is better on both metrics.

I see you ignore the part about Tesla disengaging just before the accident, no explanation for why they'd code it to do that?

So, if the autopilot knows to disengage before a crash, why wouldn't it just take evasive action? You're presenting something as a fact that you haven't actually looked into yourself though.

Last edited:
Soldato
There's several metrics and all of them show a Tesla with autopilot on is safer than a human driver. One is how many miles are driven per crash, another is how often autopilot avoids a crash compared to a human, autopilot is better on both metrics.
So statistics that can be presented to show anything you want. Humans so stupid stuff like look at phones, get distracted, drive tired. What they don't do is purposefully swerve into oncoming traffic, well unless they are trying to cause an accident.

15 year old dead because FSD did nothing.

So, if the autopilot knows to disengage before a crash, why wouldn't it just take evasive action? You're presenting something as a fact that you haven't actually looked into yourself though.

Its been shown to do it Roar. Why indeed wouldn't it try to avoid the accident? A link was posted a few pages back. 1 human death resulting from a car being driven by software is too many and it should be banned from public roads. Assits like radar applying the brakes is one thing and that is a very useful safety tool. FSD is just playing Russia roulette with everyone else's lives.

And he is a liar Roar. 2019 he said on stage that in 2020 they'd sell 1 million robo taxis that wouldn't require a driver and would earn their owner money. He raised 2.3 billion off that claim. Its 2023 and they've produced zero robo taxis. That is fraud.

Soldato
You're talking about one instance 2 years ago, you've got to be an absolute fossil to think autopilot/FSD hasn't already saved lives

Soldato
You're talking about one instance 2 years ago, you've got to be an absolute fossil to think autopilot/FSD hasn't already saved lives

No I just gave 1 example. And that life and the others it has cost mean something. We aren't talking about systems that apply the brakes for you when they sense a vehicle too close in front, we are talking about full self driving. And its not just the life of the driver who you could argue was happy to risk their life by trusting a beta system, its the innocent lives of the 3rd parties the car hits or the passengers in that car.

Just more haters I guess

Did find this bit funny, "design features insisted on by Musk are also causing problems for Tesla engineers."

He is such an uber engineer apparently, why doesn't he just fix the issues. I mean the man can apparently build rockets!

Associate
Just more haters I guess

Did find this bit funny, "design features insisted on by Musk are also causing problems for Tesla engineers."

He is such an uber engineer apparently, why doesn't he just fix the issues. I mean the man can apparently build rockets!

He's the CHIEF engineer remember - he doesn't have to do any actual engineering.

Soldato
The difference is I don't hear those other manufactures telling the world that their software is better than humans. My problem with Elon isn't that he is making this product, though I'm not happy about any of them testing software on public roads, its that he makes claims that are clearly lies and people just believe him. That man is a liar but it seems people just want to believe his hype.

So last year when I brought up all Musks over hyping: (https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...demographic-melts-down.18950820/post-35604551)

me said:
Space X - Claimed to be far cheaper than the Shuttle due to reusability etc, projected crazy low costs over time.. THe reality seems to be it's cost far more than the Space Shuttle and very little reuasablity
Hyperloop - Err, shocking the obvious science as to why you can't build a 1000+ mile vacuum tube now seems obvious so no surprise it's died.. The way Musk bigged up how simple it was etc..
The Boring Company - Promising the cheapest tunnelling solution, but the costings where not like for like, i.e. a basic 'hole' vs a fully installed tunnel and the concept of autonomous high speed self driving underground tunnels has rather under delivered with cars limited to 30mph, still needs a driver and it's far quicker/cheaper to just take the overland bus.
Tesla - Bold claims for FSD/Autopilot which have been going on for 6+ years, he's inching ever closer but it's rather behind on the initial promises. Even the AI bot is another Musk'ism, literally a man in a suit and with some bold claims.

You responded by crossing most of them out, including the TESLA AP/FSD one with:
As for the rest of the list which I crossed out, they don't interest me so I've never bothered to look into them.

Why are you suddenly interested? you seemed fairly dismissive of Thunderf00t in that exchange, but now using his videos to pile on Musk.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom