The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I've noticed reddit as dropped the ball.

I'm not 100% sure of the details but from what I am seeing reddit is trying to force 3rd party apps to pay them money, and the knock on effect is that moderators who use those apps to run their reddits will end up paying too.

Then one of the main app authors recorded a conversation with them without reddit knowing, which is legal in some places in Canada, were reddit say one thing in private and another in public. In a recent ask them any questions they decided to attack the author instead of answer why they appeared to be two faced.

On a similar vain Twitch announced it was changing rules regarding advertising, were they was restricting what adverts streamers could use, and then making streamers go through Twitch for advert revenue. Many big creators rebelled against it and the head of Twitch announced they were reversing the policy entirely. Meanwhile Twitch mods were harassing streamers when they were streaming live about the situation.

I'm thinking professionalism is dead and it's caught up to the big companies who now get run like some Internet chat group - drama included.

Suspended
I've noticed reddit as dropped the ball.

I'm not 100% sure of the details but from what I am seeing reddit is trying to force 3rd party apps to pay them money, and the knock on effect is that moderators who use those apps to run their reddits will end up paying too.

Then one of the main app authors recorded a conversation with them without reddit knowing, which is legal in some places in Canada, were reddit say one thing in private and another in public. In a recent ask them any questions they decided to attack the author instead of answer why they appeared to be two faced.

On a similar vain Twitch announced it was changing rules regarding advertising, were they was restricting what adverts streamers could use, and then making streamers go through Twitch for advert revenue. Many big creators rebelled against it and the head of Twitch announced they were reversing the policy entirely. Meanwhile Twitch mods were harassing streamers when they were streaming live about the situation.

I'm thinking professionalism is dead and it's caught up to the big companies who now get run like some Internet chat group - drama included.
Whole thread about it here: https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/apollo-reddit-app-api-shenanigans.18973169/

Soldato
I disagree.
IMO its that legislation is behind and legislation should prescribe how the systems should function.
Prescribing when for example the system would be allowed to disengage, what reaction times are required to common events, such as people stepping into the road.
Probably prescribing what action should be taken to someone stepping out into the road, you wouldn't want the car doing an emergency stop for someone 2-3x braking distance away for example.

Oh this should absolutely bee regulated and regulated well by the legislators in each country. The car maker should be legally responsible for any accidents caused by their vehicle when using FSD/autopilot. At a minimum this info should be available to the public though.

Caporegime
I think it should be the case that if FSD is on then somehow during a crash it inexplicably turned itself off to avoid liability then that should automatically make them liable for compensation without any right to appeal.

This way if the company is not 100% sure about it's tech then they won't bother pretending it works.

Soldato
[
european legislation DOES prescribe how Musk self drive should work eg.

seems ford blue cruise system is not OK'd for europe - video explains some of the eu rules that lead to erratic behaviour for systems like teslas whilst changing lanes.
(post mobileye tesla still has issues https://www.cnbc.com/2023/02/16/tes...-driving-beta-software-may-cause-crashes.html )
]

Soldato

Another Elon video I didn't watch yet for you lot not to watch. Seems he's positive, articulate and cares for humanity based on the Youtube comments that I'm sure everyone here will disagree with.

Last edited:
Soldato

Another Elon video I didn't watch yet for you lot not to watch. Seems he's positive, articulate and cares for humanity based on the Youtube comments that I'm sure everyone here will disagree with.

Moaning at other for not watching a video that you could not be bothered to watch yourself? Classic. And oh wow, some youtube comments saying how amazing he can talk, wow I guess our own informed opinions on how ludicrously he's been running twitter are now irrelevant then.

Soldato

Almost 3am and you are berating folk for not watching a video you haven't watched?

Soldato

Wow if the cult like supporters of Elon say he's all those things on YouTube comments then it must be true :rolleyes:

Has there ever been a post made by roar in this thread that hasn't made him look more like a joke?

Last week he refuses to watch a video on here. Now he's not just sharing a video, but berating users before they've had a chance to even see the title

Now I know why he berates them so quickly, it's because most probably won't watch his video and roar knows that. People lost respect for roar a long time ago so it'll take a lot to waste the time watching something he posts.

So then why does roar bother? Why post something you know won't get viewed, and then definitely make sure no one will watch it when you have a go at the same time?

Soldato
Almost 3am and you are berating folk for not watching a video you haven't watched?

I said you wouldn't watch it, not that you hadn't yet watched it.
Well, we did already know that Tesla's FSD is more self aware than Roar.

Did you get a sniff of your female PTs hair yet?
Moaning at other for not watching a video that you could not be bothered to watch yourself? Classic. And oh wow, some youtube comments saying how amazing he can talk, wow I guess our own informed opinions on how ludicrously he's been running twitter are now irrelevant then.
It was 3 am, I'll watch it today.

I'm ruining a thread because I actually like Elon Musk and everyone here hates him, okay Stumble Bum.
No one said that. You've added it.

You could have, for instance, posted a video, and said, I know most won't watch my videos because they think I'm [insert whatever insult you fancy], however I feel they shouldn't skip this one because it has some good points and helps clarify Elon's vision etc.

People may then watch it.

Instead you post your typical fanboi stuff, berate everyone before they've watch the video.

You are the only reason people don't watch what you post. It's entirely down to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom