The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
An interesting study in the direction of causation.

Does Roar simp for Elon because he simps for Putin. Or does he simp for Putin because Elon simps for Putin.

Or is there no causation and its just because they're both more than a bit of a knob?

It's interesting how weak minded and insecure those that admire Putin, trump, Elon, tate are viewed, and then you have a user that admires all 4, while attacking users on this forum about the size of their arms.

I sure hope he's OK mentally, as it must take it's toll alone having a whole forum laugh at everything you post.

This is how the rich very often remain so, screw the little guy knowing you can out litigate them. Proper scum bag.

Let's not pretend this is anything other than the rich not paying the rich. The landlord of those buildings will be wealthy. But I get your point. It's sucks to be a small business that say does work for a large supplier and then doesn't get paid in full. Does that small company pay more than what they are missing in legal fees just to try and fight to get it back. It's a tactic I hear trump was famous for doing.

Haven't the left been saying for years that freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom of consequence?
And using the word cis should have consequences? Jesus wept.

No doubt Elon is just upset with the word as it's what his trans ex daughter used to call him before she walked away from him.

Poor cis-elon.

9yuXTdY.jpg

Last edited:

So you're saying that a term, which is a correct term for those people, shouldn't be used because that person says they don't want to be referred to as that term?

Funny how you've come to this decision while ignoring the obvious mistake with this and how stupid it sounds.

Person 1 "although I'm technically a boy, I want to be referred to as a female"

C kent: no you can't do that. You must be referred to as what you were born as.

Person 2 "yeah but I'm born cis gender but I don't want to be referred to as it"

C Kent : Yes that's correct you don't have to be referred to as something that you were born as.

Were you the same user making up a story about your fake wife's views on hard men or was that Chris?

I semi agree with Roar, C Kent and Begbie here
Its irrelevant if the term is technically correct if they say please do not refer to me as such then anyone choosing to do so simply to cause offence is in the wrong.

But as ever its indicative of Elons lack of impartiality that these two positions see him take the direction he has.
He should be against both of them.

As ever IMO it shows Elons bias in trying to achieve "platform balance" by having to turn a blind eye to some demographics who historically on twitter were really efficient at getting themselves banned.

Personally I don't think Elon really cares other than trying to promote twitter as much as he possibly can.
A little bit of selective banning will trigger more clicks!

I semi agree with Roar, C Kent and Begbie here
Its irrelevant if the term is technically correct if they say please do not refer to me as such then anyone choosing to do so simply to cause offence is in the wrong
Ask them to refer to you as trans/a women (when born a man) and you might find that's no longer their position. It's not about "if you don't want that word used or do want that word used then I will do as you ask", it's "I want to control what you can call me, and what I can call you"

And as ever, Elon is about returning free speech, but heaven forbid you call someone cis.

I agree harassing someone is clearly something to be stopped, and anyone doing that, as simple as it may be, should have a temp ban.

Last edited:
Ask them to refer to your as trans/a women (when born a man) and you might find that's no longer their position. It's not about "if you don't want that word used or do want that word used then I will do as you ask", it's "I want to control what you can call me, and what I can call you"

Yes which is why I semi agree with them.
Because at this point in time on a small subset of the issues we comment on we are correct.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)

Soldato
I think I'm with @Mercenary Keyboard Warrior on this.

Musk making that term a blanket term of offence is daft.

But also, if people take offence to it, have asked someone to stop but are still referred to as that then it becomes an issue.

That said, I suspect people who take offence at being called CIS would not give the same consideration to someone who asked to be referred to as they/them.

I think I'm with @Mercenary Keyboard Warrior on this.

Musk making that term a blanket term of offence is daft.

But also, if people take offence to it, have asked someone to stop but are still referred to as that then it becomes an issue.

That said, I suspect people who take offence at being called CIS would not give the same consideration to someone who asked to be referred to as they/them.

Well at the end of the day if he wants to treat things like that as offensive then thats his call as we regularly debate.
BUT it should be that he applies a balanced an equal treatment to all forms of offense if the person being offended says they feel it is.
(No way he would do this IMO.)

That all sounds very woke doesn't it!

And 100% agree the issue is not the term, its not the fact he says it would be treated as offensive, its the fact that yet again your likely into a situation where the people who cast stones do not like them being cast back!
Its the actual racist who takes offense at being called a racist scenario.

Suspended
Person 1 "although I'm technically a boy, I want to be referred to as a female"

C kent: no you can't do that. You must be referred to as what you were born as.
Correct
Person 2 "yeah but I'm born cis gender but I don't want to be referred to as it"
C Kent : I don't care, I reject your poisonous ideology and everything that goes along with it.
Fixed that for you

Soldato
Well at the end of the day if he wants to treat things like that as offensive then thats his call as we regularly debate.
BUT it should be that he applies a balanced an equal treatment to all forms of offense if the person being offended says they feel it is.
(No way he would do this IMO.)

That all sounds very woke doesn't it!

And 100% agree the issue is not the term, its not the fact he says it would be treated as offensive, its the fact that yet again your likely into a situation where the people who cast stones do not like them being cast back!
Its the actual racist who takes offense at being called a racist scenario.

The thing is it is the guy saying I reject the word (term). Its not about him not wanting to be called it really.

Its an I reject all these terms as Im a bit transphobic and Musk saying the same really.

Or to quote

C Kent : I don't care, I reject your poisonous ideology and everything that goes along with it.

Last edited:
Correct

Fixed that for you
Being called cis gender is being poisonous. Next you'll want them canceled. How very woke of you.

Out of interest, if a user on here gets called a children's cereal mascot, do you think that that user should report to the mods about how much it hurts their feelings and the peron saying the children cereal mascot name should be suspended? Feels real woke to me.

Of all the silly things Elon has done with twitter, given how a year ago he was all about "don't ban users for their offensive ways, let's unban them all" to now be "cis is a slur and can be reported" is quite a shock.

Last edited:
Suspended
Out of interest, if a user on here gets called a children's cereal mascot, do you think that that user should report to the mods about how much it hurts their feelings and the perfect n saying the children cereal mascot name should be suspended?
No, they should be free to respond in kind though.

Edit - what cereal? As I've no idea what you are on about :cry:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom