The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
No one said that. You've added it.

You could have, for instance, posted a video, and said, I know most won't watch my videos because they think I'm [insert whatever insult you fancy], however I feel they shouldn't skip this one because it has some good points and helps clarify Elon's vision etc.

People may then watch it.

Instead you post your typical fanboi stuff, berate everyone before they've watch the video.

You are the only reason people don't watch what you post. It's entirely down to you.
Also I'm not a simp so I won't actively seek out videos from Musk tbh

Soldato
It's mostly going over old things in this speech to be fair, the interviewer wasn't great. Interesting highlights about how much Starlink has helped in Ukraine, at one point being the only communication they had, and currently the main method of communications for the Ukraine armed forces.

Soldato
Didn't he try to cut off star link units that were in use in the active conflict area at one point?

He could have just cut it off, he said he can't continue giving it for free since the US DoD wasn't giving them any money, but now they're being funded. Elon Musk also had threats from Russian politicians for helping Ukraine so supporting Ukraine has come at cost to himself.

Associate
He could have just cut it off, he said he can't continue giving it for free since the US DoD wasn't giving them any money, but now they're being funded. Elon Musk also had threats from Russian politicians for helping Ukraine so supporting Ukraine has come at cost to himself.

Why couldn’t he give it for free? Isn’t he stupidly wealthy?

Soldato
Why couldn’t he give it for free? Isn’t he stupidly wealthy?

Starlink isn't run on Elon Musks current account, it's a self contained business, as a business it can't afford to provide a free service indefinitely. I think he was making a point at the time though because the government were reluctant to actually pay Starlink for helping despite massive amounts of spending to help Ukraine in general.

Starlink isn't run on Elon Musks current account, it's a self contained business, as a business it can't afford to provide a free service indefinitely. I think he was making a point at the time though because the government were reluctant to actually pay Starlink for helping despite massive amounts of spending to help Ukraine in general.
and....?

the user didn't say "isn't starlink stupidly wealthy".

elon has money too

Permabanned
and....?

the user didn't say "isn't starlink stupidly wealthy".

elon has money too

Why would he want to risk it on a war that has no tangible benefit to him whichever way it ends up? People seem to assume every man and his dog are behind Ukraine in how this altercation pans out. In reality many don't give a toss, they've never even heard of The Ukraine / Ukraine let alone wanting to have their personal or family situation negatively changed by getting involved.

That's why it's wrong to assume Musk has to succumb to some external pressure to throw his own or company money in support of Ukraine rather than anywhere else.

He's a business man, not necessarily some sort of modern day missionary or political activist. How much have the various Churches like the C of E and that spouter of political bile in Lambeth Palace put down, despite poking their various vacuous noses in? Their churches wealth probably comes under an earlier poster's definition of "stupidly wealthy". Are they giving Justin Welby a hard time? :)

I thought the main issue with starlink was about usage, in that the way the Ukrainians were using it with in effect unlimited data was costing starlink a lot.

It had some term in it about not being used for military use, which of course they were happy to ignore when there was no actual military use and the military were buying them ;)

Suspect Musk had a call reminding him how much he was receiving from the US government across all his businesses and had a bit of a change of mind ;)

Commissario
I thought the main issue with starlink was about usage, in that the way the Ukrainians were using it with in effect unlimited data was costing starlink a lot.

It had some term in it about not being used for military use, which of course they were happy to ignore when there was no actual military use and the military were buying them ;)

Suspect Musk had a call reminding him how much he was receiving from the US government across all his businesses and had a bit of a change of mind ;)
That was something that occurred to me at the time.

Along with IIRC one of star links supposed selling points is that it's got a relatively small footprint for a satellite and can cross communicate between satellites, so has much higher capacity in the same geographic area compared to traditional satellite coms because each sat was covering a smaller area thus less sharing of bandwidth between ground units and if it was struggling in Ukraine it was likely to struggle with more general usage in the likes of the US given the number of units in Ukraine is small compared to what it's supposed to support.

Soldato
An interesting study in the direction of causation.

Does Roar simp for Elon because he simps for Putin. Or does he simp for Putin because Elon simps for Putin.

Or is there no causation and its just because they're both more than a bit of a knob?

Caporegime
Free speech is flourishing on Musk's Twitter!

Oh wait...

he can't even afford to pay rent

He can afford it, he simply choses not to. This is how billionaires remain billionaires: they get other people to pay their bills, or simply ignore the bills and walk away.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom