The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suspended
If I told you, I'd be gone for another week as he'd report it.

Add a y to someone's name and you're there.
Any way, getting off topic now.

Elon's a noob!
Nope totally lost, snap/crackle/pop/tony the tiger/the quaker guy from porridge oats/don't think crunchy nut have a mascot do they?

I dont think naming a cereal is ban worthy is it?

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Things going splendidly for Twitter in Australia then.

el Reg said:
The office of Australia's eSafety Commissioner has issued an official "please explain" to Twitter over its content moderation practices and whether it is enforcing its own policies against hateful conduct.

el Reg said:
The legal notice sent by the eSafety Commissioner therefore represents an escalation. The regulator is backed by the Online Safety Act, which requires service providers to follow "basic online safety expectations" designed to protect Australians from online abuse. The law also requires online services to respond to requests for information about how they're working to minimize harms to Australian users.

Failure to do so within 28 days can result in daily fines of around AU$700,000 ($450,000).

el Reg said:
As Elon Musk's rationale for massive job cuts was cutting costs, he and Twitter will not want a multi-million-dollar bill from Australia.

Recent history suggests Musk can't just shrug off action down under. Australia's government introduced the world's first legislation requiring Google and Meta to pay local news publishers for linking to their content, then stared down the tech giants as they threatened to withdraw some services.

So Elon and Zuckerberg might get in an octagon. Could we get so lucky that they kill each other? Nah no way we get that lucky.

Personally I don't get the Zucks hate.
So team Zucks for me 100%.

Also; Musk tweeted: "I almost never work out, except for picking up my kids & throwing them in the air."
When; Meanwhile, 39-year-old Mr Zuckerberg has already been training in Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) and has recently won Jiu-Jitsu tournaments.

Please make it so!

IMO Musk will do a Musk and try to get out of it.
I don't think seeing Musk all oiled up in spandex shorts is going to be good for the worlds mental health ;)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Zuckerberg is weird as hell, and probably a cyborg sent from the future to enslave us all, but he is in remarkably good shape for a nerd.

By contrast, ol' Musky is a walking flesh puppet made of raw chicken and fat scraps:

elon-musk-shirtless-mykonos-12.webp

Soldato
Personally I don't get the Zucks hate.
So team Zucks for me 100%.

Also; Musk tweeted: "I almost never work out, except for picking up my kids & throwing them in the air."
When; Meanwhile, 39-year-old Mr Zuckerberg has already been training in Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) and has recently won Jiu-Jitsu tournaments.

Please make it so!

IMO Musk will do a Musk and try to get out of it.
I don't think seeing Musk all oiled up in spandex shorts is going to be good for the worlds mental health ;)

Sorry but I completely get the hate for Zuckerberg. He holds incredible power in his hands has allowed it to be used to harm society and influence politics/elections all for $

Soldato
My wife is now a faithful fan of the virile Andrew Tate, interest in Tommy Robinson seems to have waned, but despite that she'll probably be taking a surreptitious peep, Elon is another she has often eulogised.

I'll ask her when she gets home from teaching... ;)

When you ask her if she likes Tate does she nod with each breath as you blow her up?

Caporegime
Zuckerberg is weird as hell, and probably a cyborg sent from the future to enslave us all, but he is in remarkably good shape for a nerd.

By contrast, ol' Musky is a walking flesh puppet made of raw chicken and fat scraps:

elon-musk-shirtless-mykonos-12.webp
It's where he hides all his blood emeralds.

Last edited:
Soldato
So the Australian government is wanting to punish social media for not following it's own rules?

I'm assuming this hateful content is legal.

People might not like these social media companies, or the people who run them. But if they don't stand their ground then it's over for any platform based in the west that relies on user generated content.

Though this case as come about because Twitter itself is enforcing rules that aren't required by law.

Caporegime
So the Australian government is wanting to punish social media for not following it's own rules?

I'm assuming this hateful content is legal.

People might not like these social media companies, or the people who run them. But if they don't stand their ground then it's over for any platform based in the west that relies on user generated content.

Though this case as come about because Twitter itself is enforcing rules that aren't required by law.
This kind of legislation is coming practically everywhere because people who cosplay as liberty enjoyers are cowards in comparison to the statist mothers pushing these laws to 'save the children' and would much rather pretend they're winning a fight on these platforms rather than winning the actual fight in parliaments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom