The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Trump was a life long Democrat..

The lack of self-awareness going on about looney right wing accounts given you follow/post accounts that are employed at far left media companies is highly amusing to me, no wonder you know more about 'looney right wingers' than anyone else on this forum. Long may it continue!!

Always be cautious about what people claim to be when there is no proof.

On the issues​

The organization and website On the Issues has classified Trump in a variety of ways over time, showing the variance of his political beliefs:

• "Moderate populist" (2003)[51]
  • "Liberal-leaning populist" (2003–2011)[52]
  • "Moderate populist conservative" (2011–2012)[53]
  • "Libertarian-leaning conservative" (2012–2013)[54]
  • "Moderate conservative" (2013–2014)[55]
  • "Libertarian-leaning conservative" (2014–2015)[56]
  • "Hard-core conservative" (2015)[57]
  • "Libertarian-leaning conservative" (2015–2016)[58]
  • "Moderate conservative" (2016–2017)[59]
  • "Hard-core conservative" (2017–present)[60]

Caporegime
So Twitter has to be careful in what it says about the CCP because Elon doesn't want to upset them because of Tesla in China. Oh and the Uyghurs is another "two sides" for Elon
but but but free speech!

This sort of thing always amuses me, as it just highlights how he will likely always just do whatever is best for his business/money, regardless of any morals or beliefs etc.

Just don't ****** listen to billionaire businesmen. 99.9% of them don't give a single small **** about any of us.

As a side note, it always astonishes me that any politicians in democratic countries are allowed to hold massive amounts of business interests and investments. To be a politician, you should have to come away from all of that, so you can make laws more objectively.

Last edited:
Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
And Trump was a life long Democrat..

The lack of self-awareness going on about looney right wing accounts given you follow/post accounts that are employed at far left media companies is highly amusing to me, no wonder you know more about 'looney right wingers' than anyone else on this forum. Long may it continue!!

You'll be accusing The Lincoln Project, Rick Wilson, Bill Kristol/The Bulwark, Joe Walsh of being extreme left as well then. Anyone who has moved from what is now the Trump/MAGA party formally known as The Republican Party.

Trump wasn't a Democrat anymore than he is a Republican today. He's a narcissistic sociopath who will attach himself to anything that serves his purpose. New York is a Democratic city so it served his purpose to call himself a Democrat as it helped him in his business dealings. Are you that naïve not to know that? I think not. Ron Filipkowski extreme left :cry: :cry: :cry:

Looking at that website it has Crooked Media down as "Mostly Factual" "Left" and "Medium Credibility" :cry: for what is Centre/Left content. No wonder its churning out Extreme Left in its ratings for what is left content.

Edit: Haha it has The Lincoln Project down as between Least Biased and Centre Left :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Soldato
I've got a fun new game, it's called "find the publicly listed multi-national company that is criticising China". I'll wait

The concern isn't that he isn't criticising China Roar. Its that he owns a social media company, is happy to criticise what he doesn't have business interests in. He is has a massive conflict of interest with how the CCP has him over a barrel. They could screw him over in China in an instant if he were to say or do the wrong thing. And the Uyghurs isn't a "two sides" issue, though you do like to victim blame so maybe it is for you.

Soldato
The concern isn't that he isn't criticising China Roar. Its that he owns a social media company, is happy to criticise what he doesn't have business interests in. He is has a massive conflict of interest with how the CCP has him over a barrel. They could screw him over in China in an instant if he were to say or do the wrong thing. And the Uyghurs isn't a "two sides" issue, though you do like to victim blame so maybe it is for you.

Everyone is at pains to avoid offending the Chinese government, that's the reality of the world we live in. This isn't an Elon Musk issue, this is every single company that operates in China. Period.

Soldato
Another quote from the same author.

"And so what he does is, he rushes to the aid of the Ukrainians. He sends hundreds and then thousands of Starlinks over to Ukraine. Otherwise, they would have been crushed in the first week of that bad, horrible Russian invasion. So, without Starlink, you would have seen an extremely successful Russian invasion. "

Ukraine was an incredible business opportunity for Musk. Hardly anyone knew about Starlink before the war, just space and tech nerds. Suddenly it was all over every news channel, he managed to shift all the old stock of version 1 panels that they were no longer shipping to customers and he knew the US government and possibly the EU would end up picking up the bill down the road if he threatened to pull the plug. He's done very well indeed out of this war and its been his favourite kind of advertising, the free kind.

Caporegime
Ukraine was an incredible business opportunity for Musk. Hardly anyone knew about Starlink before the war, just space and tech nerds. Suddenly it was all over every news channel, he managed to shift all the old stock of version 1 panels that they were no longer shipping to customers and he knew the US government and possibly the EU would end up picking up the bill down the road if he threatened to pull the plug. He's done very well indeed out of this war and its been his favourite kind of advertising, the free kind.

But do you agree with the quote from the same author?

Three companies in one sector that have had fallings out because they criticised the forced labour were Adidas, Nike and B&M
It was over the cotton which the supressed Uyghur were being forced to farm.
The Beijing government considered it significant enough to go on the attack against those companies.

Odd thing in regards Musk is twitter is blocked in China anyway.
Hes probably looking to get it enabled by being sympathetic, it wont happen, but won't stop him trying.

Soldato
Three companies in one sector that have had fallings out because they criticised the forced labour were Adidas, Nike and B&M
The Beijing government considered it significant enough to go on the attack against those companies.

Hes probably looking to get it enabled by being sympathetic, it wont happen, but won't stop him trying.

No, Tesla has factories in China, very bad take lol

No, Tesla has factories in China, very bad take lol

They do, OMG I never knew!

Anyway glad to see you avoided the part where I supplied the data in regards three companies that had fallen out with China in regards Chinas practices.
How many more do you want?

Or maybe you could just keep up with what actually happens with regards some Western companies.

Soldato

Is Twitter is blocked in just about all self respecting non democratic nations.

Soldato
They do, OMG I never knew!

Anyway glad to see you avoided the part where I supplied the data in regards three companies that had fallen out with China in regards Chinas practices.
How many more do you want?

Or maybe you could just keep up with what actually happens with regards some Western companies.

I think what you're saying just isn't actually true, do you have some sources for these companies which are still operating in China criticising Chinas practices? All they did that I can see is move suppliers out of the areas that use Uyghur labour. Where's the criticism?

Oh and of course Elon Musk isn't expecting Twitter to be able to operate in China, they're fundamentally not compatible, no one would think China would let a Western social media company operate there.

I think what you're saying just isn't actually true, do you have some sources for these companies which are still operating in China criticising Chinas practices? All they did that I can see is move suppliers out of the areas that use Uyghur labour. Where's the criticism?

Oh and of course Elon Musk isn't expecting Twitter to be able to operate in China, they're fundamentally not compatible, no one would think China would let a Western social media company operate there.

Not to hand, but even in the fox news they confirm what the war of words was about "

Nike was recently criticized in China after raising concerns about forced labor practices"​

Soldato
Looking at that website it has Crooked Media down as "Mostly Factual" "Left" and "Medium Credibility" :cry: for what is Centre/Left content. No wonder its churning out Extreme Left in its ratings for what is left content.

Edit: Haha it has The Lincoln Project down as between Least Biased and Centre Left :cry::cry::cry::cry:
Every media bias chart has meidastouch.com has extreme/hyper partisan left, guess they are all wrong in your 'non biased' opinion eh.

Lincoln project? only thing I know about them is that one of the founders is a sex pest and they sent a bunch of guys pretending to be white nationalists out to support a Republican candidate a few years back - folks noticed a couple of them were employed by lp and they had to pretend it was a stunt. Again every bias check site has them skewing left.. you probably think they are right-wing or something though :cry:

Soldato
Not to hand, but even in the fox news they confirm what the war of words was about "

Nike was recently criticized in China after raising concerns about forced labor practices"​

Forced labour is illegal in China. Nike said "We are concerned about reports of forced labor in, and connected to, the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region (XUAR)". So there's no criticism of the Chinese government because forced labour is actually illegal, they moved to protect their brand and disassociate it with any story that Nike could be using forced labour.

I think my previous point around multinationals wasn't really taken though, Nike, Adidas, and H&M simply don't want the negative PR of their products being made in some forced labour camp by Uyghurs, they were forced to come out and make statements about that specific issue. They didn't choose morals over money, it's purely a monetary decision for all of these companies. You must know this.

Soldato

I belive roars point is that no matter how tame the critism the companies have backed down and issued essentially grovelling apologies to China. Musk being non critical of china is no different to everyone else and yet for some reason he's held to a different standard.

Last edited:
I belive roars point is that no matter how tame the critism the companies have backed down and issued essentially grovelling apologies to China. Musk being non critical of china is no different to everyone else and yet for some reason he's held to a different standard.

Somewhat yes. But thats not to say they don't make statements.

They make statements at home i.e. in the West (this is the original source) after the press coverage of the forced labour in regards the cotton industry.

It very much is that (source I was working with a guy from China at the time who confirmed it, but its hardly a secret) despite protestations to the contrary.
They then when they think its forgotten about try to u-turn in China. Sack the top guy or "send him back West in reality" and hope it smooths over.

Trying to tread a fine line to keep both Western consumers happy and Chinas government, and to some extent, consumers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom