The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
I follow a few forums which are extremely erm… right leaning conspiracy types which seems to have become quite the norm for gop types in the US. Mainly just to keep my finger in the pulse, honestly it’s just entertaining if not a little sad.

I find it funny that Roar always seems to repeat verbatim what I see posted on these forums. It’s not just Roar but any of the “free thinkers, do your own research” types that post on here or the Ukraine thread.

Almost like they all get their nonsense from the same places.

Bitchute is a pretty popular source for them lmfao.

Last edited:
I follow a few forums which are extremely erm… right leaning conspiracy types which seems to have become quite the norm for gop types in the US. Mainly just to keep my finger in the pulse, honestly it’s just entertaining if not a little sad.

I find it funny that Roar always seems to repeat verbatim what I see posted on these forums. It’s not just Roar but any of the “free thinkers, do your own research” types that post on here or the Ukraine thread.

There was a lad, I forgot his Id, but clearly thick as two planks until it came to absolute excruciating detail on politics, CTs, things in the law etc. Clear copy pastes from such websites...

I'm just curious, what percentage of Americans do you think could point Ukraine out on a map? How many Americans have been to Ukraine? How many of them could speak a single word of Ukrainian?

Americans have always been ignorant of the world outside its border. That hasn't stopped them historically standing up to the likes of the USSR and now Russia. This is purely political in that many don't want to help because Biden does, many more because Trump tells them not to and that Putin and Russia are America's friends.

It has literally nothing at all to do with Americans as far as the vast majority of Americans are concerned. What they probably are more concerned about is the literal human flood of people coming into the Southern border.

Yes and Republicans aren't interested in fixing the border and never have been. You don't do away with one of your biggest fundraising and voter engagement issues.

What they are concerned about is the opiate epidemic.

Fentanyl isn't coming into the US in the bags of immigrants. Its coming in through major ports in lorries and the like.

They have a million other internal social issues that are more important to the average American than Ukraine; despite CNN pushing it down their throat daily.

Never watch CNN so I have no idea what they are pushing. It is a major war in Europe that threatens Europe and indirectly Taiwan as China is watching very carefully how we have reacted. Those other social issues could be addressed, they aren't not being addressed because of Ukraine, its a false equivalence.
Elon Musk has every right to raise other political issues, you do not need to be a politician to be concerned with politics, otherwise 99% of your posts could be deleted. You're not even American yet for some reason you live and breathe their politics

He doesn't care about the border ffs. He is going there because he enjoys stirring the **** and inserting himself in these issues for giggles and clicks. You don't see other leaders of industry inserting themselves in the middle of politics and on something that there is zero interest in fixing. If he wants to fix it run for office.
His takes on Ukraine have been as shocking as his takes on Covid. The man might be a great salesman but he's just that. If he was president this would be him, an appeaser who only cares about what might hurt his businesses.

chamberlain-declares-peace-for-our-time-75-years-agos-featured-photo.jpg

He'd happily throw Ukraine as a nation state under the bus if it helped him sell more cars. He doesn't care that its people are fighting for their very existence. I saw him promoting a Tweet criticising Ukraine for not being a fully volunteer army, you mean like the UK and US in WW2 :rolleyes:

Before 2016 I had some interest in US politics but the US was fairly stable. it would swing between the Republicans and Democrats but we didn't need to worry that it was heading to some very bad place where its role as the leader of the West was under threat. We knew it had our backs over the likes of Putin or China. That has all changed with the rise of Trump and MAGA. What happens in the US is in some ways more concerning that what happens in our own next election. As bad as I think the Tories are now they aren't a threat to our democracy or our place in the world, if they were to win again things would carry on much as normal. If Trump wins again who knows were the world will be 4 years later, my bet is it won't be a better place for any of her natural allies including us. We should all be very concerned in the direction the US is heading in, if they look inwards and walk away from their leadership role then you can bet the likes of China and India will take notice and take full advantage and the UK won't be able to do a damned thing about it.

Last edited:

Something it took me a long time to realise with some of these people - they can only make sense of the world by reducing it down to absolutes - then it becomes impossible for them to see any other point of view.

Roar tries to disguise his beliefs in CT but it occasionally comes pouring out like in the Russell Brand thread where he posted that they are only going after Brand because he supports Trump and could help get Trump elected in 2024. That is about as bat **** crazy as it gets and a clear insight into what is going on between his ears. No point trying to have a rational argument with the irrational mind when it is convinced there are these large scale conspiracies.

Elon is also a fan of conspiracies theories. For all his intelligence he clearly is susceptible to this nonsense. High IQ doesn't mean you are rational.

Last edited:
Something it took me a long time to realise with some of these people - they can only make sense of the world by reducing it down to absolutes - then it becomes impossible for them to see any other point of view.

Many people see things in black and white and do not work well with shades of grey. Those people pick a position and then seek to justify it, often discounting facts as tainted by association with the "other side".

It's the football supporter approach to debate, and you see it in political discussion all the time.

I'm fairly surprised it took you a while to realise that, as generally I'd say your analysis seems pretty sound!*

* I am not trying to hit on you

Many people see things in black and white and do not work well with shades of grey. Those people pick a position and then seek to justify it, often discounting facts as tainted by association with the "other side".

It's the football supporter approach to debate, and you see it in political discussion all the time.

I'm fairly surprised it took you a while to realise that, as generally I'd say your analysis seems pretty sound!*

* I am not trying to hit on you

It is the complete opposite to the way I think - I hate absolutes. So it can blind side me.

Nice self agrandising circle jerk, what a dumpster of a thread this has become. It's literally just a copy of the reddit hive mind, I swear you're all brain washed.

If Elon Musk is crashing and burning as the wealthiest human to ever live, what does that make the rest of us?

I think the point is that he is crashing and burning as a decent human being.

No one is really suggesting he isn't rich and successful in business (except I think you, who referred to his wealth as imaginary).

He's crashing and burning as a personality that we should respect.

Compelling:

"Musk's planned tunnels were criticized for lacking such safety features as emergency exit corridors, ventilation systems, or fire suppression. In addition, the single lane tunnels left it impossible for vehicles to pass one another in the event of collision, mechanical failure, or other traffic obstruction, and instead would shut the entire tunnel section down."​

Such impress.

Last edited:
Nice self agrandising circle jerk, what a dumpster of a thread this has become. It's literally just a copy of the reddit hive mind, I swear you're all brain washed.

If Elon Musk is crashing and burning as the wealthiest human to ever live, what does that make the rest of us?

Many people have bought into the Musk fresh air sales tactics. It seems Musk has tapped into the stupid and has no plans of getting out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom