The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bizarre that given the hate for Elon Musk shown here so many choose to indirectly promote his X platform by linking so many screen shots.

What's bizarre about that? Seems desperate to me to find this as a bizarre thing to do.

What has the down fall of Elon got to do with showing a screenshot of his stupidness? Of course you'd rather we didn't, but it's not going to stop happening.

Next you'll say we can't say the name trump because it premotes the trump brand, forgetting that when we mention trump, it's just all damage to the brand, but more importantly, as roar has to point out when someone insults Elon, we are just all poor nobodies that have no effect on anything in life.

Last edited:
What has the down fall of Elon got to do with showing a screenshot of his stupidness? Of course you'd rather we didn't, but it's not going to stop happening.

Next you'll say we can't say the name trump because it premotes the trump brand, forgetting that when we mention trump, it's just all damage to the brand, but more importantly, as roar has to point out when someone insults Elon, we are just all poor nobodies that have no effect on anything in life.

The second worst thing that ever happened to Twitter was the addition of the quote tweet button. It led to people retweeting the absolute worst opinions to dunk on them, seemingly unaware that they just spreading those bad opinions wider. Suddenly everyone’s feeds were full of toxic nonsense.

I think by sharing Musk’s screenshots, people are just doing the same. It’s giving him the attention that he craves (in an admittedly small way).

The second worst thing that ever happened to Twitter was the addition of the quote tweet button. It led to people retweeting the absolute worst opinions to dunk on them, seemingly unaware that they just spreading those bad opinions wider. Suddenly everyone’s feeds were full of toxic nonsense.

I think by sharing Musk’s screenshots, people are just doing the same. It’s giving him the attention that he craves (in an admittedly small way).
sure there's good argument for that, however, who are we to decide and make any real change to this. it's far more often than not that I find the latest elon event/tweet to be funny and bring a bit of laugh for everyone during their work day.

you may be right, we are fueling the growth of elons ego, but in fact, i tihnk the opposite happening any way. i don't see twitter value improving, even if, in a thread about twitter, tweets/images of tweets get shared on here

The interesting thing, is that back in the day the quote functionality was built by the clients and so didn't amplify anything.

Its possible, just possible he linked the wrong one.
There are two with almost identical names, one is pro Ukraine, the other setup afterwards and is pro Russia, pro islamic etc

I have seen others make the same mistake, assuming it was a mistake

Yes of course it is. The problem is he has pushed it to his 150m followers for nearly a day before deleting the tweet. He didn't even tweet to point out his mistake, likely his ego couldn't take admitting his was an idiot. This is the man who wants people to trust him and his site as the publisher of "truth" on the internet. I wouldn't trust him to tell us the correct time.

Yes of course it is. The problem is he has pushed it to his 150m followers for nearly a day before deleting the tweet. He didn't even tweet to point out his mistake, likely his ego couldn't take admitting his was an idiot. This is the man who wants people to trust him and his site as the publisher of "truth" on the internet. I wouldn't trust him to tell us the correct time.

...given the hate for Elon Musk shown here...
Not this record again...

S6vG9.gif

Last edited:
Its possible, just possible he linked the wrong one.
There are two with almost identical names, one is pro Ukraine, the other setup afterwards and is pro Russia, pro islamic etc

I have seen others make the same mistake, assuming it was a mistake

Elon, if he was remotely competent, would have assistants to check and verify his posts before sending.

Are you not embarrassed? I know its a forum where everyone is anonymous but still. I'd be embarrassed.

All you do is recreationally hate in this thread, aren't you embarrassed? If you don't like Elon Musk stop following him, stop using Twitter/X. He's simply going to continue posting whatever the hell he wants as long as he's alive, and there isn't a single thing any of you can do about it. He isn't a Politician or someone you can leverage anything over, you can't cancel him or unelect him, just deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom