The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Essentially 'Put your money where you mouth is'

Starlink would currently be my only real option for very high speed internet where I live but I'm not giving Musk any money.

Equally I was very interested in Tesla years back and nearly got a Model S.

The fact that Elon makes bizzare decisions that make his products worse is enough:

I mean they removed a parking sensor to bring down the price point with the hopes that software updates would improve the cameras ability to do the same job, but it's not quite there yet. This is hardly some bizarre decision, it's just cost saving. Like Apple removing the headphone jack because most people use blue tooth and it saves them money, even if the experience is slightly worse in the short term.

Imagine crippling yourself with bad internet to not give Elon Musk money lmao, thanks for the laugh

I've always found teachers to be a good guide to someone's character

For example Trump

"Donald Trump was the dumbest goddamn student I ever had!’” He would say that [Trump] came to Wharton thinking he already knew everything, that he was arrogant and he wasn’t there to learn.” Kelley, who passed away in 2011 at age 94, taught marketing at Wharton for 31 years, retiring in 1982.

Saw this article and wondered what the teachers would say about Elon

the school's principal who told Elon's parents, "We have reason to believe that Elon is retarded."

Lol

I mean they removed a parking sensor to bring down the price point with the hopes that software updates would improve the cameras ability to do the same job, but it's not quite there yet. This is hardly some bizarre decision, it's just cost saving. Like Apple removing the headphone jack because most people use blue tooth and it saves them money, even if the experience is slightly worse in the short term.

Imagine crippling yourself with bad internet to not give Elon Musk money lmao, thanks for the laugh
"It's not an odd decision to remove a working feature in the vague hope that some day your software will make up for it" is a hell of a take on something that is designed to make life easier for the driver, and safer for those around.

It IS a bizarre decision, especially when your cost saving is likely to average a lot less than the cost increase from the damage that is going to be caused by removing it (especially given telsa from memory do their own insurance offering specifically for their cars).
The front camera system is utterly useless and isn't even seeing full size humans and if anything it's showing how utterly unsuited tesla self driving is, if it can't see a human in well lit conditions close up there is no way it's safe to use for "self driving".

Last edited:
"It's not an odd decision to remove a working feature in the vague hope that some day your software will make up for it" is a hell of a take on something that is designed to make life easier for the driver, and safer for those around.

It IS a bizarre decision, especially when your cost saving is likely to average a lot less than the cost increase from the damage that is going to be caused by removing it (especially given telsa from memory do their own insurance offering specifically for their cars).
The front camera system is utterly useless and isn't even seeing full size humans and if anything it's showing how utterly unsuited tesla self driving is, if it can't see a human in well lit conditions close up there is no way it's safe to use for "self driving".

Did you watch the video? That's not what the guy in the video said at all

CnaxPV5.png

The front camera system is utterly useless and isn't even seeing full size humans

Last edited:
I've always found teachers to be a good guide to someone's character

For example Trump

Saw this article and wondered what the teachers would say about Elon

Lol

Based principal

Roar there has been satellite internet for a long time before Musk. All Starlink offers above the other options is a lower latency and possibly better speeds but their speeds seem to be dropping all the time. Great if you need stupidly low latency for say financial markets or gaming but for the majority those other options are fine.

Now I'm not knocking Starlink. If I lived where my parents lived I'd probably be very tempted as the broadband offering is laughably slow. Personally as I enjoy gaming the other options wouldn't work for me but there would be a part of me that wouldn't like giving that guy my money.

And as for Telsa, I've seen enough about their build quality to know that the share price is only going one way over time. Its the most over inflated stock ever. The software isn't even that great compared to its competition and the promise of full self driving is an empty one. With just cameras throw in some fog, heavy rain or snow and its useless or should I say dangerous.

Are X, Tesla and Space X still going concerns? Bizarre, given that all the man hours on various forums eviscerating them seem to have come to very little. What drives these people who post throughout the day and night demonising the successful and driven? Surely better to get some sleep and plan your own stairway to success, however modest?

Well one or more of his kids turned out to be one of those dreaded woke demons or whatever so if he can't even make his children like him then why should anyone else?

Did you watch the video? That's not what the guy in the video said at all

CnaxPV5.png
Really?

Watch the video.

It literally could not recognise a human repeatedly in certain places, including directly in front of the vehicle even when the vehicle was physically touching him.
I was saying to my brother I suspect I can guess a possible reason why, but if it was that it implies the cameras and software are totally unsuited for it's basic task (it had fewer problems with the guy who had bare arms rather than the guy with the grey sleeves who it just couldn't seem to see).

That's a great advert for it's safety as a self driving vehicle, when it cannot reliably "see" an adult human in a well lit area.

Yet Musk decided to remove the sensors that could detect a human (and other things) reliably, and did so at this point probably 12-16+ months before they've actually got the replacement system working (it's still not), given they started shipping the vehicles without the other sensors in December and there would have been a delay between the decision being made and it taking effect.
This is the sort of decision making that gets regulators and safety boards very jumpy, and likely has the insurance companies getting worried because a parking sensor that isn't reliable is worse than no parking sensor (and it's probably got the regulators wondering about exactly how good the image recognition when driving is, if it can't ID a human in what are pretty close to ideal conditions).

And when you see what he's doing with Twitter very publicly you suddenly start to understand some of the more stupid decisions made at his other companies (such as "remove the cheap, working sensor to save some money and pray you can get the cameras to work").

Are X, Tesla and Space X still going concerns? Bizarre, given that all the man hours on various forums eviscerating them seem to have come to very little. What drives these people who post throughout the day and night demonising the successful and driven? Surely better to get some sleep and plan your own stairway to success, however modest?

One of the richest men in the world: *posts on forums (albeit his own platform)
Chris Wilson Esq. : Enjoyable.

Anyone else questioning Musk's sanity: *posts on forums*
Chris Wilson Esq. : Down with this sort of thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom