The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please, censor me daddy EU
i remember a few times saying about how roar seems like he gets jokes thrown at him, and then doesn't fully understand them, but as everyone laughed, thinks it's a funny joke, so then just says them back but at that point no one laughs because they are the jokes that apply to him, not just as a funny random joke to anyone.

today my mind has not been changed.

Roar, do you need us to explain the daddy elon joke to you?

Last edited:
Please, censor me daddy EU

You don't think big social media companies should be regulated to make them try and stop the spread of mis/disinformation on their platforms?

The best idea I have seen recently is to remove all protections from any company that uses algorithms to promote content. At that point they are no longer just a publisher and they should be held responsible for what is on their platforms. If they want immunity they can't decide what content to promote and supress.

You don't think big social media companies should be regulated to make them try and stop the spread of mis/disinformation on their platforms?

No, obviously, I don't want any government to tell me what is true or false. I want zero regulation of information. If you dislike what you consider misinformation then spread better information, be so clear and spectacular with your facts that it can be indisputable. If you give politicians the power to classify and ban information then it will be abused.

No, obviously, I don't want any government to tell me what is true or false. I want zero regulation of information. If you dislike what you consider misinformation then spread better information, be so clear and spectacular with your facts that it can be indisputable. If you give politicians the power to classify and ban information then it will be abused.

You cannot be this silly honestly.

Because what we have now is :

No, obviously, I don't want any government to protect me from falsehoods. I want zero regulation of lies. If you dislike what are factually provable lies then spread better lies, be so clear and spectacular with your lies that morons will lap them up and repeat them. If you give politicians the power to ban lies then there will be no place for the likes of Tate and Brand, and Roar will be sad.

You cannot be this silly honestly.

Because what we have now is :

It's beyond me to educate you to the level you need to be at to understand why giving a government the power to regulate information online is a terrible idea if you don't already know why. I mean, you really need your eyes opening to how the actual world works.

Currently you'd like a government to protect you from falsehoods, can you name the individual who decides what a falsehood is and tell me I can't bribe or coerce them or any of their successors? If I'm a corporation and the potential for me to earn billions in profit is on the line, can you tell me that politician can't be bribed in any way? I can't send his kid to the best school, give him a job after he gets out of office, or simply bribe him with discrete payments? This is how naive you are, people like you actually make me so concerned, your views are literally a danger to the freedom of Western society. People like you seem intent on turning our country into China simply so they can feel "safe" from "misinformation" - which is whatever the **** some corrupt privately educated politician at Downing Street decides on any given day.

It's beyond me to educate you to the level you need to be at to understand why giving a government the power to regulate information online is a terrible idea if you don't already know why. I mean, you really need your eyes opening to how the actual world works.

Currently you'd like a government to protect you from falsehoods, can you name the individual who decides what a falsehood is and tell me I can't bribe or coerce them or any of their successors? If I'm a corporation and the potential for me to earn billions in profit is on the line, can you tell me that politician can't be bribed in any way? I can't send his kid to the best school, give him a job after he gets out of office, or simply bribe him with discrete payments? This is how naive you are, people like you actually make me so concerned, your views are literally a danger to the freedom of Western society. People like you seem intent on turning our country into China simply so they can feel "safe" from "misinformation" - which is whatever the **** some corrupt privately educated politician at Downing Street decides on any given day.

Well you started out right. You certainly haven't got the basic intelligence to perform that feat.

The problem is you keep talking of information.
Your failing at the first hurdle since the main issue is what your calling information is often simple lies.
You seem to lack the simple logic and reasoning to be able to understand why allowing blatant lies to be given the same weight as real information and facts is a bad thing.

No one wants information restricted, what people want is lies removed.

I think I have a bit more real world experience than you sonny.

Well you started out right. You certainly haven't got the basic intelligence to perform that feat.

The problem is you keep talking of information.
Your failing at the first hurdle since the main issue is what your calling information is often simple lies.
You seem to lack the simple logic and reasoning to be able to understand why allowing blatant lies to be given the same weight as real information and facts is a bad thing.

No one wants information restricted, what people want is lies removed.

I think I have a bit more real world experience than you sonny.

Oh okay, so you've decided my information is blatant lies, is it still a blatant lie if I pay you £25 million after you retire through a series of speaking events and let your daughter have a place at Cambridge University?

Oh okay, so you've decided my information is blatant lies, is it still a blatant lie if I pay you £25 million after you retire through a series of speaking events and let your daughter have a place at Cambridge University?

Its quite simple. A lie is a lie.
It shouldn't be hard to understand.

A lie is saying your full self-driving tech will be ready in a year.

Is it still a lie if you honestly believe that to be the case? Is everything someone says that is later proven incorrect a lie? 'Lie' implies malice of forethought, a rather difficult thing to prove, so you're essentially just calling someone a liar because you dislike them.

Who decides that lie? Are you capable of some nuanced thought?

It's not "quite simple", what is truth and who decides it is actually a profoundly deep philosophical subject.

Jesus.

A lie is a lie.

If I said "I have a Ferrari" on my drive. It would be a lie.
If I said "I know that Elon knows even more about everything than Trump" it would be a lie. It may be that Elon does know more about everything than Trump, but I do not know that, hence its a lie.

i swear to god, this is the same user that reports posts to the mods if those posts call this user a freaking tiger cereal mascot name. the same user that wants those posts gone, and then the person who said it banned for a week. you see how I didn't say the actual name i'm talking about. Want to know why? Because i'm not allowed. Why am I not allowed? Because this very user reports it to the mods and wants it impossible to say. I am not allowed to add the letter Y to this persons username. Unbelievable when you read what he puts above.

Last edited:
Jesus.

A lie is a lie.

If I said "I have a Ferrari" on my drive. It would be a lie.
If I said "I know that Elon knows even more about everything than Trump" it would be a lie. It may be that Elon does know more about everything than Trump, but I do not know that, hence its a lie.

What about everything that's in between "obvious truth" and "blatant lie", who decides what is removed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom