The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elon musk continuing to be a baby, and all the the simps unable to see any issue with the following

SkAcEZi.png

Elon musk continuing to be a baby, and all the the simps unable to see any issue with the following

SkAcEZi.png

Is Yaccarino CEO in name only? You would assume she would have knowledge of these things and final signoff/say and it just seems bizarre she would go ahead with pettiness like that when trying to stabilise the business.

Arguably it's a private platform and they can do what they wish but it's not a good look when free speech and town square were getting thrown around when it was taken over.

Is Yaccarino CEO in name only? You would assume she would have knowledge of these things and final signoff/say and it just seems bizarre she would go ahead with pettiness like that when trying to stabilise the business.

Arguably it's a private platform and they can do what they wish but it's not a good look when free speech and town square were getting thrown around when it was taken over.

Yes, basically, and really as expected.

I think she was only appointed as a PR exercise. In theory she was a good, experienced appointment and would give confidence to 'people' that Twitter was going to perhaps become professional again, or at least move towards decent profit with her marketing background.

However it's been plain to see since day 1 that this is all about Elon's ego. Every word about Town Hall, etc and move he's made has been about him feeling good or to further his cause, so it was fairly expected that she would only be a figurehead in reality.

SkAcEZi.png

[Update: The Intercept updated its report, noting that X confirmed that a policy to temporarily remove checkmarks from verified accounts that change their profile pictures was the issue here. UAW told The Intercept that their account's profile picture was updated in conjunction with the walkout.]

You guys should try and research your own stories before reposting misinformation.

Last edited:
Probably a sensible policy to stop obvious abuse of the verified feature, such as attaining a blue tick then changing your profile pic to a Swastika or something similar. This seems ridiculously obvious to me, yet some how escapes the mind of StriderX

Last edited:
lol "a sensible feature"

Odd how this wasn't an issue before, and seems to have become an issue since Musk decided that a credit card number (pick a number, any number) should be enough to get verified.

So at best it's a continuation of the utter shambles that is musks idea of "verified".

I'm not sure why you have an issue with people who aren't famous paying for a premium service on Twitter which subsidises regular users, isn't that better than some team at Twitter deciding who gets a blue tick? Instagram also adopted a similar service so it can't be that much of a shambles.

I'm not sure why you have an issue with people who aren't famous paying for a premium service on Twitter which subsidises regular users, isn't that better than some team at Twitter deciding who gets a blue tick? Instagram also adopted a similar service so it can't be that much of a shambles.
This was discussed many many many many times, showing all the issues, and all the reasons why Elon stole the status of the blue tick to encourage weaker users to pay to appear with what was and no longer is, the status the blue tick came with, rather than an entirely new separate tick, keeping the blue tick as it was, and adding a different feature for those that want to pay. If you can't remember any of this, it seems purspeful at this point. You can always check back through this thread to read what was said. It was discussed to death.

Wait what?

I’m sorry, but if that doesn’t convince you that he’s very deliberately pandering to a very specific audience, who let’s be honest, really do struggle intellectually, then I don’t know what will.

What a huge shame.

There was a time where I genuinely rated the man.

Sometimes the more you learn about your heroes, the more you realise they’re not worthy; and to see him prey on the simple minded in this fashion, really is a very uncomfortable watch.

Last edited:
Wait what?

I’m sorry, but if that doesn’t convince you that he’s very deliberately pandering to a very specific audience, who let’s be honest, really do struggle intellectually, then I don’t know what will.

What a huge shame.

There was a time where I genuinely rated the man.

Sometimes the more you learn about your heroes, the more you realise they’re not worthy; and to see him prey on the simple minded in this fashion, really is a very uncomfortable watch.
I try to find a reasonable excuse, and often come back to "he wanted to win back those on the right, not because he liked them, but because he saw they were leaving twitter and he thought it a simple quick win to get them back, but in doing so he's pushed away everyone else, and now can't really return to normality as everyone is leaving, other than those on the far right, and if he starts to call out then r bs he loses everyone.

It's almost exactly how trump appears to be. I don't for one second think trump likes any of his supporters and often doesn't share their views, but he is so committed to them now, he can't get anyone else back.

I'm likely wrong about Elon, it's just one of those situations where you try and think how did eon get himself there and it often fits as an answer.

Elon has gone down a very strange path the last 3-4 years or so, not at all the man he was before that.

In a general sense I agree with the above I see a lot of Trump in him lately, very reactionary and inconsistent decision making, sometimes almost child like outbursts, doesn't take it well if something reflects poorly on his perception of his image, etc. etc.

She's there to shore up the damage already done, take historic and ongoing blame and be a point of focus when it gets worse, which it will. Others further down this thread have pointed out why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom