The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're also talking about mass productivity, so being unemployed isn't really that big of a deal.

I was using Blacksmithing as an analogy to what happened when the automobile was invented. Blacksmiths became a defunct/niche profession over night, yet the world economy adapted and we all became much better off. Also, AI will help with factory automation because it will drive efficiencies through better factory design, AI will design new ways of automating production - mass production of complex products is incredibly difficult, AI will improve this greatly.

I work for a bank in Resource planning, I'd probably use AI with my work, but ultimately you'd want someone to look at the inputs and outputs. I have no issue with retraining though.

Then you raise corporation tax.

No one is going to starve, the economy will adapt. People didn't starve when we invented the combine harvester and stopped using a horse and plow. They took different jobs. The entertainment and recreation sector will grow, people will be creative, that's what humans are good at.

Money doesn't matter, it's just numbers, if a loaf of bread costs 5p and an iPhone costs £50, then your £1000 a month will go quite far.

It's not just Elon Musk though, as has been explained, every major tech company is currently developing their own AI. Microsoft, Google, Amazon, Meta, X, are all developing AI. That's ignoring what the Chinese, American, and British, etc governments are probably also doing behind closed doors.

The market will drive where the jobs come from. Whatever people need and want that AI can't do, then people will fill the gaps by being innovative and creative. I mean content creator is an obvious one, the entertainment sector, childcare, there will be all manner of jobs that people will be doing with the assistance of AI. People will work less and have more.

No idea why you're even mentioning Trump, embarrassing but predictable at this point, TDS.

That is some of your most naive deluded nonsense yet.

Looks like Musk has quietly downgraded Twitterx yet again. The file size limit for images has been nerfed. Images I could post perfectly well a few days ago are now being rejected as too large.

*edit*

Just tried it with an image file of 3.34 MB. Still too large.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
He is correct, wealth is not finite, wealth is infinite.

That is the fundamental cause of communism, its nothing to do with philosophers, its because a stupid person cannot imagine that, its possible to create something.

Wealth isn’t created out of thin air. It’s all based finite resources - people, land, raw materials, etc.

Most “wealth creation” is instead the transference of wealth.

He is correct, wealth is not finite, wealth is infinite.

There is a difference between wealth being infinite and there being an unbounded capacity to create more wealth. The amount of wealth in the world today is finite, it was finite at every point in the past, and it will be finite at every point in the future.

There is a difference between wealth being infinite and there being an unbounded capacity to create more wealth. The amount of wealth in the world today is finite, it was finite at every point in the past, and it will be finite at every point in the future.

TLDR, wealth is constrained at any one point in time by the theory of constraints in regards being able to generate new wealth.

There is a difference between wealth being infinite and there being an unbounded capacity to create more wealth.

This. The potential for the creation of new wealth is essentially unlimited. Someone being a Trillionaire won't make the whole world poorer, likely the opposite actually. I imagine the worlds first Trillionaire will be Elon Musk.

Quite interesting that X has already released their public Chatbot competitor, I expect this to advance quickly.

Why would they share this wealth exactly? What power could possibly compel them to do so if they no longer require workers?
Especially when they're barely willing to do it whilst they do need them.

I think some people are forgetting how many CEO's etc are unwilling to even give their current workers a rise, or how many ceo's are more than happy to have their workers running on minimum wages that in the US haven't increased in something like 20 years at the federal level.

Why would they share this wealth exactly? What power could possibly compel them to do so if they no longer require workers?

Well, here's the thing, there will still be a demand for everything, and people will still have money, whether that's from whatever jobs they're doing or from some form of government hand out - companies will always price products in a way that their target market can afford them. Do you get that? It's like how there's low cost super markets for people who earn less money, and more expensive supermarkets for people who earn more money. Now AI should make it so most things are much more affordable, even if the wealth gap increases over time. The wealth gap won't really matter because the basic standard of living should be much higher for everyone than it is today, even if they don't "share their wealth". Does that answer your question?

Last edited:
Well, here's the thing, there will still be a demand for everything, and people will still have money, whether that's from whatever jobs they're doing or from some form of government hand out - companies will always price products in a way that their target market can afford them. Do you get that? It's like how there's low cost super markets for people who earn less money, and more expensive supermarkets for people who earn more money. Now AI should make it so most things are much more affordable, even if the wealth gap increases over time. The wealth gap won't really matter because the basic standard of living should be much higher for everyone than it is today, even if they don't "share their wealth". Does that answer your question?

Its incredible how naive you are. Everything is going to be fine everyone! A utopia awaits where everything will be cheap, the fact its cheap is because their are no humans being paid anymore but this is nothing to worry about. Everyone will have money to buy these cheap things and having trillionaires will be a good thing because that will trickle down to the masses, though not through them employing the masses. No of course they won't screw people over and only look after themselves, they are our benevolent overlords and the fact the masses are surviving on government handouts while they are worth more than nation states is a good thing. Its going to be amazing!

It's not as if Musk is even a good employer as it stands. To suggest he'd suddenly become some sort of benevolent trillionaire when he didn't even need people to bodge together cars for him is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom