The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its incredible how naive you are. Everything is going to be fine everyone! A utopia awaits where everything will be cheap, the fact its cheap is because their are no humans being paid anymore but this is nothing to worry about. Everyone will have money to buy these cheap things and having trillionaires will be a good thing because that will trickle down to the masses, though not through them employing the masses. No of course they won't screw people over and only look after themselves, they are our benevolent overlords and the fact the masses are surviving on government handouts while they are worth more than nation states is a good thing. Its going to be amazing!

I'm not even sure why you think AI is going to be an exclusive tool to billionaires, anyone can use AI, people today are using it to help with their jobs. I have personally used Chat GPT to assist me with work. I have no idea why people using AI to increase productivity and for the betterment of humanity has so many of you paralyzed with anxiety about billionaires, it's so strange honestly. I know deep down it's just an extension of the whole Donald Trump thing.

I'm not even sure why you think AI is going to be an exclusive tool to billionaires, anyone can use AI, people today are using it to help with their jobs. I have personally used Chat GPT to assist me with work. I have no idea why people using AI to increase productivity and for the betterment of humanity has so many of you paralyzed with anxiety about billionaires, it's so strange honestly. I know deep down it's just an extension of the whole Donald Trump thing.

I’m tempted to recommend a number of books…

Problem: X isn’t profitable because advertisers don’t want to be associated with inflammatory content.
Solution: Reinstate two known grifters?

It’s like those in Conservative Party who think that the reason that they’re getting smashed in the polls is because they aren’t right-wing enough. Bizarre logic.

Problem: X isn’t profitable because advertisers don’t want to be associated with inflammatory content.
Solution: Reinstate two known grifters?

It’s like those in Conservative Party who think that the reason that they’re getting smashed in the polls is because they aren’t right-wing enough. Bizarre logic.

Elon doesn't want advertisers at the expense of free speech though, otherwise he would've just left it to be run by the FBI Democrats previous administration

Last edited:
Elon doesn't want advertisers at the expense of free speech though, otherwise he would've just left it to be run by the FBI Democrats previous administration

Tommy Robinson was convicted in 2021 of stalking and intimidating a journalist. His appeal against the stalking order was rejected this year. What a brilliant advertisement for free speech.

Tommy Robinson was convicted in 2021 of stalking and intimidating a journalist. His appeal against the stalking order was rejected this year. What a brilliant advertisement for free speech.

Should everyone who's been convicted of a crime be banned from social media?

Of course not. However, Robinson is still under a stalking order and at least one of his victims is an active X user. I think her well-being should have been considered before reinstating Robinson.

His reinstatement isn’t a win for free speech. Quite the opposite.

Should everyone who's been convicted of a crime be banned from social media?

No, but then it's hyperbolic silliness to suggest that's the alternative to what is being complained about.

The issue is people who have been 'convicted' of using public platforms to incite hate have had their access to public platforms reinstated.

In Katie Hopkins case there's little in her subsequent posts to suggest she's rehabilitated and, let's face it, I'd have to see a lot of proof over time before I gave Tommy the benefit of the doubt over any self proclaimed change in his hateful views.

I'd have the same issue if they let convicted fraudsters post financial stuff on Twitter after being convicted.

Not so much a convicted shop lifter posting GOT memes or whatever.

I don’t really care who’s allowed on twitter tbh. I can’t see how it affects anyone’s lives, apart from those who just want everyone with, in their opinion, unsavoury views to be cancelled

Well, for a start it can be used to push propaganda and misinformation and stoke anti-immigrant feeling resulting in things like Brexit, which has indisputably affected your life for the worse.

Or it could result in some vulnerable old person losing their life savings because a reputable looking Twitter account is posting dodgy stuff.

Only in an idealistic world does absolute freedom of Twitter work, unfortunately we have to account for the vulnerable, less able or the idiots being preyed upon by others for their own needs.

It doesn't work anywhere else in society in any way, which is why we have laws and regulations in pretty much every part of life.

I mean it's incredibly obvious wessimo wants to shut down legitimate speech because it goes against his personal political views, this would be some left wing Authoritarianist view, similar to states like China and North Korea. Perhaps just move to one of those states, maybe you'd be happier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom