The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I apologise profusely for inferring assumptions of a high performing engineering company on the basis of it's past, recent and current excellence as an engineering company. I have been told. *shame*

Falcon 9 took a decade to get right. So will Starship.

It’s like saying that every major car company will never have problems when they launch a new model because they’ve made one before.

Also, I AM going on SpaceX’s most recent excellence based on the fact their only Starship launch attempt ended in utter failure.

Soldato
Ignoring Falcon 1 - Falcon9 - 5 years 20 flights 2 failures on main payload and then they recovered intact a first stage booster for an orbital spacecraft an unprecedented act in spaceflight. Hardly 10 years to get it right.

edit: apologies, posted after request to keep on topic. I'll stop.

Last edited:
Associate

It’s like saying that every major car company will never have problems when they launch a new model because they’ve made one before.

Also, I AM going on SpaceX’s most recent excellence based on the fact their only Starship launch attempt ended in utter failure.

Utter failure? it was a test flight of a first-of-its-kind rocket, the goal was to test the launch, which it did??

Soldato
I have to scroll through 12 paragraphs and a picture before I get Elon Musk clarifying what he meant by his Tweet. Classic BBC.

Mr Musk denies he is antisemitic and later said his comments referred not to all Jewish people but to groups like the Anti-Defamation League (ADL) and other unspecified "Jewish communities".

Why is this buried so far down in the story and not literally the 2nd paragraph?

Last edited:
Associate
Soldato
Its amazing. Tesla sells more cars in California than anywhere else and he goes out of his way to **** off his customer base. Calling liberal Jews white hating really isn't the best way to keep those environmentalist loving liberals buying your cars. Board members at Tesla must be pulling their hair our, shareholders likely are as well. They are already unhappy with him for the last quarter earning call he did. Twitter really is his Achilles heel.

Soldato
Also spotted this in the article

X told the BBC on Thursday that ads are not deliberately placed next to extremist content, that the Nazi-promoting accounts will not earn money from advertising and that specific posts will be labelled "sensitive media".

LOL I'm sure IBM and Apple which has also stopped its advertising will be placated by the fact the people posting nazi crap aren't getting their advertising money when their ads appear next to such content.

Last edited:
Soldato
I see the MAGA loon David Depape who Elon posted a CT about saying that he was having a gay affair with Pelosi's husband was convicted in Federal court of offences carrying 30 years and 20 years. He was angry that "Democrats were spying on Trump and cheated in the 2020 election."

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato

I'd just highlight this video

Mean while in reality

but but but you said there wasn't any extremist speech on Twitter? So which is it?

I love the way Elon is now backtracking after accusing liberal Jews of being white haters.

Last edited:
Soldato
but but but you said there wasn't any extremist speech on Twitter? So which is it?

I love the way Elon is now backtracking after accusing liberal Jews of being white haters.

There's extremist speech on every single internet platform where you have the ability to communicate via text or voice, Twitter bans extreme speech, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. The fact you consistently fail to provide examples of it would suggest it's pretty minor though.

Soldato
Lionsgate, Apple, IBM, Disney, Bravo, Oracle, Xfinity, Paramount, Comcast, NBC, WarnerBros, and the EU commission has also sent out a notice advising EU business to consider pulling advertising from Twitter.

Thats a lot of business for Twitter to lose in 24 hours, just so Musk can get clicks from calling Jews Nazis

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom