The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Musk should just admit defeat, get over his ego, put twitx up for sale.
I doubt he would do that.
Although if the value in the platform carries on a downward spiral, i do think someone will make him a 'pennies on the dollar' type offer and it will get used as an out with a predictable "everyone/the left/woke was against it/me" type reason for it.

I would be surprised he owns it with a year or two.

...but it certainly didn't achieve all its targets.
Depends on what the targets were (i don't believe SpaceX fully publish them), as it's possible they were all met. Either way, there's another thread for SpaceX/rocket chat rather than in a Twitter thread.

Did the the old management running it manage to lose 3/4 of its value? That is what has happened since he bought it and it doesn't look like it will be rising any time soon.

I dont think you understand the point i was making, under previous management you will lose 100% eventually, because the business was not profitable, nor will it ever be, nor did management even care.

The true valuation has increased, going from a 0% chance of ever making money, to any amount which is above 0%.

Your only argument is that elon cannot increase the chance to above zero, and if you say that, fair enough, in which case its worth zero, as it was always worth zero.

I dont think you understand the point i was making, under previous management you will lose 100% eventually, because the business was not profitable, nor will it ever be, nor did management even care
Sorry but that's just plain wrong.

Twitter was worth a lot, look at those who owned shares and see how they feel about.

If it was worth nothing before then Elon didn't just over pay, he massively over paid. Could have taken over with just 5 billion.

But to add to that. Twitter was and still could be the best social media site there is. I say that as someone that doesn't use Twitter directly. Twitter was where news broke. Imo a site like Facebook perhaps is more profitable now, but will eventually die out, as will tiktok and whatever craze comes after that, however Twitter would have still been around, breaking news and being relevant for adults, which is the key thing. Due to its simplicity, Twitter was and has been an adult social site for a while now, and adults have money, money to spend on the companies that would advertise on twitter.

Twitter was still finding how it implemented ads without causing friction for its users.

I didnt recently (2/3 years before Elon) hear (but happy to be corrected) of twitter struggling for funding or anything due to its poor profit. Twitter had a strong user base that eventually would make it the money it needed.

But since Elon thst all changed. Users and loyal and more. Users want better. Users want alternatives. Users don't want to support twitter not because it's a poor service but just because it's run by Elon. Elon has a problem and the issue is he is the problem.

I dont think you understand the point i was making, under previous management you will lose 100% eventually, because the business was not profitable, nor will it ever be, nor did management even care.

The true valuation has increased, going from a 0% chance of ever making money, to any amount which is above 0%.

Your only argument is that elon cannot increase the chance to above zero, and if you say that, fair enough, in which case its worth zero, as it was always worth zero.

What absolute, illogic nonsense.

Even if you accept the statement that the previous management had no chance of, nor concern about, making Twitter profitable, nothing Elon has done has improved the chances of that happening.

He overpaid for it because he's a bit challenged mentally and, initially, ended up with the same company but with increased costs to service debt as a result.

He then did and said many things that actively reduced his one and only viable income stream.

Now, personally, I like to back people who reduce costs and increase revenue streams to make a success of a company, but each to their own.

No doubt Linda crapped her pants that very moment lol.

He overpaid for it because he's a bit challenged mentally
It's amusing that people don't seem to grasp this. This is the guy who literally recorded a video of him being a 5yr old surrounded by yes men:

Last edited:
to be fair, elon just comes across as geeky in a good way there. his joke at the end where he steals someones meme and then accuses them of stealing it back was funny.

he definitely messed up with his petty reply to advertisers that don't want to advertise with twitter any more due to his behaviour, and in an attempt to be adult and show them he's an adult and not some crazed idiot, he shows them he's a crazed idiot.

Do you remember a year ago when elon went begging to Tim Apple a year ago, and the simps on here were like "masterful move elon". Now he tells the same companies to f off, and those same simps are back again "masterful move daddy elon"

well played by that interviewer.

and isn't it amazing how those simps and elon all believe that advertisers should go f themselves, because they freely decided to stop advertising on twitter. it's almost like they have now decided that as they wont support a failing platform, that those companies that don't wish to support it are now the enemy.

I fondly remember a time when elon was asked about other companies copying his electric vehicles, and he responded something along the lines of "good, electric cars are good for the world and i went every car to be eletric even if it isn't ours", and now when asked to allay some of the advertisers fears that he's an adult, it's "GFY".

Last edited:
not that any of you will sit and watch it beyond a clip or a headline.
That's because you're so good and smart and we are just angry blue haired thin armed losers that hate Elon because he unbanned trump.

We are so lucky to have you here to help put us right.

All hail our saviour roar for educating us and letting us know we are all losers.

Also thank you for not being sour that we won't watch the full interview. It's really nice that your post didn't come across like a sour baby one bit. Much appreciate. Will read again 13/10 for quality.

Last edited:
SpaceX seems to be operating on a similar philosophy to OceanGate.

At least Elon isn't dumb enough to ride his own rockets. Believing your own BSnis one thing, and knowing that you're full of **** is another. Elon at least knows he's full of **** that's why he won't climb in his own rocket

8mPxPNf.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom