The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure one of those amazonian tribes have done the most 'for' not impacting on the climate by virtue of living a sustainable lifestyle, Elon not so much.

"right wing festival" aka the current Italian Prime Minister's party, who are just Conservatives. They're not even about leaving the EU like UKIP or something, they just want some reforms.

Oil and gas is absolutely essential, Elon Musk has done more for climate change than any other human being on the planet, period.

Do you have data to back up this claim? I would argue a man with a private jet has not done more for climate change than any other human being on the planet, even if that man is responsible for pushing EV's

You've linked some places who used the word right wing, but it's the equivalent of Labour hosting a festival and it being labelled "a left wing festival". While being literally correct, it doesn't really mean anything. The phrase "Elon Musk attends right wing festival" is being deliberately used to attach a negative connotation, people immediately think it was some far right neo-Nazi festival or something, where as the reality is it's just a Conservative festival because that happens to be the party of the Italian Prime Minister. If he attended the UK Conservative party conference as a speaker, you could say the same thing, but no one would. It's relying on people's ignorance, which is clearly plentiful.

Do you have data to back up this claim? I would argue a man with a private jet has not done more for climate change than any other human being on the planet, even if that man is responsible for pushing EV's

What data could there possibly be? A private jet contrasted with being the CEO of one of the worlds leading EV makers, as well as SolarCity? Who else has done more? It's obviously not an empirical statement, but feel free to list someone you think may have personally done more.

Last edited:
han any other human being on the planet, period

lol! and trump had the biggest most viewed inauguration too. period!

giphy.gif

you know you don't have to talk as though you're speaking facts, and then when asked to provide any, avoid and act like it's a given. period! it's not. Period! there's many others that could easily be top spot. period!

like you've said...

Great summary [person], top post as usual.

What data could there possibly be? A private jet contrasted with being the CEO of one of the worlds leading EV makers, as well as SolarCity? Who else has done more? It's obviously not an empirical statement, but feel free to list someone you think may have personally done more.

He lobbied against high speed rail in California using his con of Hyperloop. That high speed rail connection would have been great for lowering carbon immersions, less flights and less cars making the journey. He did it because he feared it would hurt his car business. I might be wrong here but that doesn't sound very climate friendly to me.

Last edited:
He lobbied against high speed rail in California using his con of Hyperloop. That high speed rail connection would have been great for lowering carbon immersions, less flights and less cars making the journey. He did it because he feared it would hurt his car business. I might be wrong here but that doesn't sound very climate friendly to me.

Well here's the thing, Americans don't use trains. They're a nation of people who use cars. So even if they built high speed rail in California, hardly anyone would use it. Culturally it's just not really an American thing like it is in the UK and Europe. So mass production of EVs is actually a far more effective route to take in North America, where as in Europe rail makes more sense, even though tickets are about 5x as expensive as they should be.

It's not very environmentally friendly to build a high speed rail network that no one wants to use, it's actually the complete opposite.

The Hyperloop, would love to see Roar defend that pile of ****

There isn't a Hyperloop, but so what? Why is it a pile of ****? I'll wait

Last edited:
Well here's the thing, Americans don't use trains. They're a nation of people who use cars. So even if they built high speed rail in California, hardly anyone would use it. Culturally it's just not really an American thing like it is in the UK and Europe. So mass production of EVs is actually a far more effective route to take in North America, where as in Europe rail makes more sense, even though tickets are about 5x as expensive as they should be.

It's not very environmentally friendly to build a high speed rail network that no one wants to use, it's actually the complete opposite.

There isn't a Hyperloop, but so what? Why is it a pile of ****? I'll wait

Americans don't use high speed rail because they don't have high speed rail. If they could get from LA to SF in the same time as a flight for less money how do you know they wouldn't use it? And not everyone has cars, its why so many people use buses there.

Rail is the most environmentally friendly transport there is. If Elon wasn't worried about it why did he lobby with his vapourware Hyperloop?

Sounds like some weird conspiracy, as if Elon Musk is the reason California doesn't have high speed rail xD

Why is this even relevant? The US uses trains 10x less than the UK per capita, we don't all use trains in the UK because of high speed rail either, most journeys aren't done on high speed rail. It's simply a cultural thing. In the US they mostly use cars, gas is cheaper, people learn to drive younger, car ownership is higher. It's just cultural. Some high speed rail that 10% of people in California can afford would have zero impact on the environment. It's not even clear if it would be a net benefit for the environment.

Last edited:
"right wing festival" aka the current Italian Prime Minister's party, who are just Conservatives.
The implication there is you think the Italian Prime Minister and Conservatives are left-wing.
They're not even about leaving the EU like UKIP or something, they just want some reforms.
This may come as a shock to you but wanting to leave the EU isn't something that's exclusive to people on the right, it's a nationalist thing and you get them across the entire political spectrum.
Oil and gas is absolutely essential, Elon Musk has done more for climate change than any other human being on the planet, period.
Yea, shooting rockets into the sky, powering the infrastructure of Twitter, promoting crypto, flying around the world in his private jet, and making cars with all that metal, plastic, rubber, and rare earth metals does way more for climate change than any of those people who plant trees. :cry:

This thread is one big hyper loop.
Americans don't use high speed rail because they don't have high speed rail. If they could get from LA to SF in the same time as a flight for less money how do you know they wouldn't use it? And not everyone has cars, its why so many people use buses there.

Rail is the most environmentally friendly transport there is. If Elon wasn't worried about it why did he lobby with his vapourware Hyperloop?

Elon sells cars, so he will **** anything that makes people buy less cars

I still bet Roar doesn't even own a Tesla, he has yet to prove otherwise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom