• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal Titan X and XP Owners Thread

Soldato
Tyler, is SLi fairing any better lately? I ask as I'm tempted to go that way instead of the TX way tbh. Get a lot more cores for your money!!

It's not too bad at the minute. The majority of games are running just fine for me to be honest. There are a few games with poor pascal optimisations.

Should change soon enough with more and more SLI profile optimisations and driver optimisations in general.

But yeah 1080 SLI will be faster than single TX. But then you have SLI to deal with. Up to you ;).

Associate
The point is people would be right in saying it is stupid if I was neglecting any other commitments I have.

Fortunately I don't have many commitments so it is not a problem.

I won't be spending anymore this year after this card as I can not see either of the vendors releasing anything else in the very high performance end of the market except maybe a 6gb 1080 Ti version of this card.

Sorry Kaap but I have to say there will never be a 6gb 1080 Ti, they would never have it match a midrange 1060 and have the high end 1070/1080 having more Vram than the very high end Ti just wouldn't happen. though I agree with you on the commitments part of your post :)

Soldato
I could buy two GTX Titan X's per month if I really wanted. Doesn't mean I would though.

I'm an enthusiast but at the minute with current pricing, support it's becoming harder and harder to make the choice to buy. I'm getting to the point where id rather put that much money on other stuff rather than 30% performance so I can get 75fps instead of 60.

Not saying anyone shouldn't that's your choice. Just my opinion here.

Exactly this, having the money doesn't mean you buy just because you can. I won't buy Titan X at this price. I think Nvidia have jacked the prices too much this round. There comes a point where you draw a line whether you can afford things or not.

Caporegime
But yeah 1080 SLI will be faster than single TX. But then you have SLI to deal with. Up to you ;).

Thanks for the feedback! Tbh, 980 and Ti SLi generally did very well for me! Was an ATi/AMD user (in the main) for a long looooong time but the poor Crosfire support finally made me switch from a 295x2 and it's been a much better experience :) :cool:

At my res, even 1070 SLi makes better sense! Will probably stick with the 1080 though...

Soldato
Thanks for the feedback! Tbh, 980 and Ti SLi generally did very well for me! Was an ATi/AMD user (in the main) for a long looooong time but the poor Crosfire support finally made me switch from a 295x2 and it's been a much better experience :) :cool:

At my res, even 1070 SLi makes better sense!

Always preferred SLI too, looks like Nvidia are moving away from multiple GPU support now though. Def would want better single card VS to lesser cards now.

However in the case of Titan X pricing, I would just go single GTX 1080 out of current cards. Better to lower a setting or too than put up with any potential SLI issues or lack of game support altogether.

Anyone noticed that even GTX 1080 prices have gone up even more since launch. Pricing is fubar atm :p

Soldato

At my res, even 1070 SLi makes better sense! Will probably stick with the 1080 though...

To be honest 980Ti SLI was and still is a perfect SLI setup. Bargain price now at >250-300 for a second hand card.

Every single AAA title played them bang on at 95-99% utilisation on each card. Was getting a very close 80-90% increase over single card in the vast majority of games.

Loved my Ti's and it was a hard choice to sell them.

Probably will be buying two GTX 1080Ti's if the pricing is right and IF they are actually produced :)

Soldato
To be honest 980Ti SLI was and still is a perfect SLI setup. Bargain price now at >250-300 for a second hand card.

Every single AAA title played them bang on at 95-99% utilisation on each card. Was getting a very close 80-90% increase over single card in the vast majority of games.

Loved my Ti's and it was a hard choice to sell them.

Probably will be buying two GTX 1080Ti's if the pricing is right and IF they are actually produced :)

This is the Ti version in disguise.

Only have to look at the specs of the card.

It's not the full blow Titan (unfortunately). No doubt that will be coming out later with HBM2 and the rest of the cores.

Associate
some of the comments being posted here are a bit too sharp, tone it down please. 8 pack is a world champ overclocker, of course he is in the know.

i currently have a quad sli rig and it's a useless steaming pile of crud but something feels different this time which means that it will be an even bigger and more expensive pile of crud this time around.

it is true though that even if you buy 3 or 4 cards we are now in this rediculous situation where 3 and 4 way support is being deprecated by nvidia and so the only real reason to get more than two pascal cards is for 3dmark.

but that's not all, to get a decent 3dmark score you are going to need to buy the latest failwell extreme chip to get the physics score.

when you wrap all that up the only conclusion I can come to is that the only people who need to go to such lengths is someone like 8 pack and even then he is going to have to risk someone else's money when he straps on the ln2 pots.

if you are paying with your own money anything over two cards for pascal just says you need to find something else in life to blow it on.

I am not sure what I am going to do but I am mightily suspicious that nvidia knows how fast vega is going to be and will release a full fat Titan with 16gb hbm or more shortly after or even before vega appears.

I approached 8pack at last year's summer Insomnia and tried to say "hello", he was completely indifferent. Didn't say a word. I suspect that he has a fairly thick skin to go along with his physical size and doesn't really need you to defend him. Hero worship is cool, though, if nothing else it confirms his status. Perhaps a good thing considering where you're posting. :)

Associate
Is it known yet what time these will go up for sale on Tuesday?

Won't be in a position to order mine until like 10:30-11am, and I really hope they're not all gone by then.

V F

V F

Soldato
I have never seen so many negative comments about this card on Tech websites and forums. But really, everything is subjective. I mean, is a Ferrari an expensive waste of money to someone who stacks shelves in Tesco's? yeah. But to a millionaire it's a bargain. It is all about the lifestyle you are accustomed to, which is governed by what you earn.
I had my GTX 1080 for 2 weeks and sold it, ready for the Titan X. To me this is a bargain and as soon as the Titan is superseded I will sell that too.
It is simple, if you cannot afford this card then you have no right to judge others who can.

Ferrari's do not devalue a great deal when the next model or new range is out...

Caporegime
Exactly this, having the money doesn't mean you buy just because you can. I won't buy Titan X at this price. I think Nvidia have jacked the prices too much this round. There comes a point where you draw a line whether you can afford things or not.

Depends on what is important to the individual...

You would think I was crazy spending 3k on a Martin Acoustic Guitar...

It's up to the individual what they spend their money on...

Some **** it up the wall ....others spend hundreds and hundreds on football tickets....

Each to their own.

You only have to look in the items you have purchased thread to see how diverse we are in our spending....

People spend 600 on a pair of shoes for example....that's crazy but it's up to them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom