• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal Titan X and XP Owners Thread

Titans never have that option though, its always stock cooler, only gigabyte iirc bundled a windforce style cooler with one of their titan cards so the end user had an option to change it.

I can see evga bringing out a shroud and aio for it though.

Does not matter how fancy or not the air cooler is. They are all crud, hence I'll rip it off everytime.

Waterblock for the win.

Yeah I didnt put one of those in but do have a proper drain ball valve but my situation is going to be as follows

Finish building new pc by weekend with Titan on air.

Drain on 18th to fit waterblock.

Drain again on 30th to fit backplate.

Not too bad :p, one of the drawbacks of custom loop.

Past few months had to drain mine 3-4 times. Install 1080's, clean rad, setup CPU block etc.

Then again another 1-2 times over the next month for TXP and backplate. Likely I'll get the backplate first before install to save the hassle of draining a second time.

Last edited:
They are active backplates so yeah will remove some heat from the back of the card. EK ones use thermal pads for the VRAM, core and VRM areas. Stock backplate doesn't.

I think this time from a picture I saw in a review nvidia has put one thermal pad on its backplate.

And what's to stop me from putting more pads on?

After all both back plates are just a sheet of aluminium aren't they?

Wow.. this card is vastly different in 4k. The Acer monitor looks stunning with all the 4k content chucked on it. Really impressed. And man the smoothness :)

Dunno whether to go to EKB and QDC.. seems like a very expensive option compared to the EVGA AIO. I wonder how long EVGA will need to make one, even though they've confirmed they are making one on the forums.

Wow.. this card is vastly different in 4k. The Acer monitor looks stunning with all the 4k content chucked on it. Really impressed. And man the smoothness :)

Dunno whether to go to EKB and QDC.. seems like a very expensive option compared to the EVGA AIO. I wonder how long EVGA will need to make one, even though they've confirmed they are making one on the forums.

Maybe towards the end of September knowing their current build times................

Having used AIO on gpu and using EK with QDC and Predator 360, i will pick the last over anything else.
It has all the benefits of custom loop, no need to worry for leaks, and is expandable if needed.
The only drawback over custom loop no clear tubes and colours.

And if you sell it later, anyone can remove the tubles, water and plug the card+block to their custom loop. AIO you rely for people having the extra space to fit it.

You sure? Thought it might like last time but you would have to use the nvidia screws not the waterblock screws?

Having just checked my 1080's yeah they should do. My bad :p. But make sure you have a 4mm socket as they are nut type screws.

Backplate is also active as well for those wanting to know if the EK backplate is worth it other than for aesthetics.

Last edited:
Reposting in case this was missed. It's a page or two back now :)

You are on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

LdDula5.jpg

Date 10/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Stunted, Link
Date 10/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Mark_D, Link
Date 09/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Zping, Link
Date 09/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Trunkey, Link
Date 09/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, VEGACORTEZ, Link
Date 08/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, crinkleshoes, Link
Date 08/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Rasphelt, Link
Date 08/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Alphafox, Link
Date 08/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Greebo, Link
Date 07/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, SherlockHobz, Link
Date 06/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Scorpuk, Link
Date 06/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, dancook, Link
Date 05/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Born_2_Kill_83, Link
Date 05/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, DmitryD, Link
Date 05/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, occuda, Link
Date 05/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Kaapstad, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Wulfster, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, whyscotty, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, waspy88, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Combat Fighter, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, danielanthony, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, dshalky, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Vore, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, spiralz, Link
Date 03/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Starvald, Link
Date 03/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Cosimo, Link
Date 03/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, blasterbolt, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your Pascal Titan X.​

Having just checked my 1080's yeah they should do. My bad :p. But make sure you have a 4mm socket as they are nut type screws.

Backplate is also active as well for those wanting to know if the EK backplate is worth it other than for aesthetics.

Titan stock backplate is semi active too. Well at least in the photos it has a thermal pad.

Back
Top Bottom