• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal Titan X and XP Owners Thread

Yeah it should be. If it's the same as my 1080's anyway as they have pads for VRAM, VRMs and core areas.

Going to replace the thermal pads anyway. Seen some new Alphacool thermal pads with 11, 14 and 17W/mk thermal conductivity. Should make a big difference when fitting the waterblocks.

No idea what the standard stuff EK gives with their waterblocks but their pads you can buy separately is only 3.5W/mk.

Even the Grizzly at 8W/mk would be a great improvement.

By comparison Grizzly Kryo paste is only 12.5 wm / k

Last edited:
Passive, active would indicate a fan/liquid helping dissipate the heat.

I was sort of differentiating between backplates which are just back plates and have no thermal pads to ones which have thermal pads and are used to disapate the heat off. You get my drift?

Last edited:
Going to replace the thermal pads anyway. Seen some new Alphacool thermal pads with 11, 14 and 17W/mk thermal conductivity. Should make a big difference when fitting the waterblocks.

No idea what the standard stuff EK gives with their waterblocks but their pads you can buy separately is only 3.5W/mk.

Even the Grizzly at 8W/mk would be a great improvement.

By comparison Grizzly Kryo paste is only 12.5 wm / k

The Alphacool pads sound like a great idea - let us know how you get on with them.

Anybody with two titans you are definitely going to want a hb bridge.

30% higher framerates in division, witcher 3 and fallout 4.

Makes me want two now..........

http://www.hardwareunboxed.com/nvidias-hb-sli-bridge-surprising-gains-gtx-1080-sli-testing-inside/

I have got the Witcher 3 and will test it out in the morning with a pair of Pascal Titans.

I find all these performance improvement claims quite strange as this is one product that NVidia have made a point of saying there are no gains in normal use.

On the other hand NVidia have made some outrageous claims for their Pascal cards some of which have been proven to be bogus.

I would urge caution to anyone considering one of these HB bridges as they are quite expensive, I personally own 2 of them and have found very little benefit apart from the looks.

Another reviewer compared 1x flex bridge to 2x flex bridge to the hb bridge and found the 2x flex bridge to be almost identical to the hb bridge.

I would like to get an hb bridge but seeing as the nvidia one doesn't fit around the ek water blocks, I'm not sure what to get until ek release their own.

I have got the Witcher 3 and will test it out in the morning with a pair of Pascal Titans.

I find all these performance improvement claims quite strange as this is one product that NVidia have made a point of saying there are no gains in normal use.

On the other hand NVidia have made some outrageous claims for their Pascal cards some of which have been proven to be bogus.

I would urge caution to anyone considering one of these HB bridges as they are quite expensive, I personally own 2 of them and have found very little benefit apart from the looks.

Yeah which is why I put more weight on actual owners results :)

Update

HB SLI Bridge and Witcher 3 using Pascal Titan SLI

I have just tested the HB bridge in The Witcher 3 maxed @2160p.

Using the HB bridge did indeed give a nice performance boost to the average fps but that is not the whole story.

With the HB bridge I was averaging 73fps. There was also not much variation in fps with it remaining close to the average.

With the Flexi bridge I was averaging 67fps. There was a problem with the Flexi bridge when I started to move around and the average would drop to 56fps and stay there for long periods. If I stopped moving for a few minutes the fps would go back up.

I am sure there will be other games that are as demanding as Witcher 3 and for these using Pascal cards in SLI it is well worth getting the HB bridge.

So it would appear that its not Snake Oil and there are substantial gains to be had in "some" games.

30% gain in fps from 56fps to 73fps is a bigger gain than going from a 1080 to a titan x.

Yet this gain only costs you $40.

Or look at it another way, you have just spent £2200 so why cripple your cards for the sake of £30.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom