• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal Titan X and XP Owners Thread

.......although interestingly it is listed on the US site, but out of stock. Looks like it's just going to be a waiting game which people familiar with the whole Pascal lauch should already be very used to! :rolleyes:

I have the v2 bridge and a HB one from EVGA on pre-order. The V2 looks exactly the same size wise and fits just fine with the EK blocks.

I think the only reason the NV one doesn't fit is because of the bits sticking out the side.

Correct. If it wasnt for the fins the Nvidia one would fit all cards with waterblocks. Stupid.

Yup... checked and it was off. Thankfully I've been able to cancel the order... but now I have to wait for them to get stock of the right one :(

I thought I would run a little test for anyone curious re: flex bridge vs 2x flex bridge vs hb bridge.

My hb bridge score won't come until the component arrives though.

Here is the result with a single flex bridge:

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/14066174?

And here is the exact same setup / clockspeeds with 2x flex bridge:

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/14066758?

That's a large performance improvement. I also noticed noticeably less micro-stuttering with 2x flex bridge... in fact, I couldn't notice any at all... which is the first time since the GTX 690 I've not been able to notice micro-stuttering with an SLI setup... very happy with that alone :D

It looks like my results mirror the review that checked it too as I'm pretty sure Kaap's score is with the HB bridge... so it appears as though 2x flex bridge perform similarly to 1x hb bridge... it just doesn't look as pretty :)

Ok so I finally managed to order one despite all the hassle with Digital River...

I gotta question for you guys.

I'm moving from water-cooled and overclocked GTX 980 Ti SLI to a water-cooled overclocked Titan X (Pascal) as I don't want to be depending on multi GPU support any more. They should be more or less the same in terms of fps when SLI is well supported vs the Titan XP. I was thinking of keeping a single 980 Ti to use as a dedicated Physx / Gameworks card. Am I crazy?

I game @1440p 144Hz G-Sync right now and am not 100% convinced that the Titan XP is the single 4K GPU messiah card, how do you guys (who already have the card) feel about its 4k performance?

Looking around at some of the reviews, I see some low'ish numbers on games like Witcher 3, The Division and even Batman Arkham Knight at 4K - that's kind of why I was thinking about a dedicated Physx / Gameworks card. Would it help the fps at 4K in those titles?

I'm not buying a second Titan XP - until mGPU support really improves, I'm done with it. Been using a mGPU rig for almost 9 years now and support isn't what it used to be plus 4K monitors only go up to 60Hz right now and a second Titan XP just seems like a waste of money for those missing 10fps - 15 fps on those demanding titles to bring it up to a solid 60fps.

I'd really like to move to 4K (G-Sync) but I'm not sure I could live with 40fps on games I love like Witcher 3.

^i would say yes. A little overkill. I'd sell your 980Ti's. You only really need a cheap card to run phys-X like a 760/770.

It does make a difference in some games but a 980Ti purely for that would be a little pointless.

Unless, you want to keep the dual card look as block positioning should be exactly the same on both ref Ti and TXP.

I would say a single TXP is pretty close in terms of 980Ti SLI performance. Although it's only about 50% faster than a 980Ti. Well supported games might see a few less fps.

Last edited:
Yup... checked and it was off. Thankfully I've been able to cancel the order... but now I have to wait for them to get stock of the right one :(

I thought I would run a little test for anyone curious re: flex bridge vs 2x flex bridge vs hb bridge.

That's a large performance improvement. I also noticed noticeably less micro-stuttering with 2x flex bridge... in fact, I couldn't notice any at all... which is the first time since the GTX 690 I've not been able to notice micro-stuttering with an SLI setup... very happy with that alone :D

It looks like my results mirror the review that checked it too as I'm pretty sure Kaap's score is with the HB bridge... so it appears as though 2x flex bridge perform similarly to 1x hb bridge... it just doesn't look as pretty :)

That's really good news Crinkle. I'm not in such a rush to find an HB bridge now although once they're more readily available I'm sure I'll get one if nothing more than to make everything look prettier like you say!

agreed two flexi matches it in 3dmark however in games like the division, witcher 3 and others you get a 30% boost.

Its not just pretty looks this time.

That's really good news Crinkle. I'm not in such a rush to find an HB bridge now although once they're more readily available I'm sure I'll get one if nothing more than to make everything look prettier like you say!

Several games show up to a 30% fps improvement and much smoother framerates over two flexi cables

If you have gone to all the expense of two titans, you would be mad to reduce your framerates by 30% because you wont spend $40. :rolleyes:

Ok so I finally managed to order one despite all the hassle with Digital River...

I'm moving from water-cooled and overclocked GTX 980 Ti SLI to a water-cooled overclocked Titan X (Pascal) as I don't want to be depending on multi GPU support any more. They should be more or less the same in terms of fps when SLI is well supported vs the Titan XP. I was thinking of keeping a single 980 Ti to use as a dedicated Physx / Gameworks card. Am I crazy?

I game @1440p 144Hz G-Sync right now and am not 100% convinced that the Titan XP is the single 4K GPU messiah card, how do you guys (who already have the card) feel about its 4k performance?

Looking around at some of the reviews, I see some low'ish numbers on games like Witcher 3, The Division and even Batman Arkham Knight at 4K - that's kind of why I was thinking about a dedicated Physx / Gameworks card. Would it help the fps at 4K in those titles?

I'm not buying a second Titan XP - until mGPU support really improves, I'm done with it. Been using a mGPU rig for almost 9 years now and support isn't what it used to be plus 4K monitors only go up to 60Hz right now and a second Titan XP just seems like a waste of money for those missing 10fps - 15 fps on those demanding titles to bring it up to a solid 60fps.

I'd really like to move to 4K (G-Sync) but I'm not sure I could live with 40fps on games I love like Witcher 3.
Nice, glad you finally nabbed one!!

As for your question. I've been running Titan XP SLI and I would say for some current demanding titles yes you do need both cards to fully max them at 4k.

GTA 5 runs very well with these (but only just), completely maxed out, all settings on except for AA. My game is also heavily modded. Stays at a solid 60fps 90% of the time, but I do get the occasional drop into the mid 40s, made bearable by G-Sync. One card would not cut it for me in that game.

However Hitman (2016) seems to run damn good in DX12, single card. In fact it's smoother for me than with SLI in DX11. So I'm able to max that game at 4k (with SMAA) and achieve 50-60 no problem.

Btw this is with an OC of 1950/10400.

Nice, glad you finally nabbed one!!

As for your question. I've been running Titan XP SLI and I would say for some current demanding titles yes you do need both cards to fully max them at 4k.

GTA 5 runs very well with these (but only just), completely maxed out, all settings on except for AA. My game is also heavily modded. Stays at a solid 60fps 90% of the time, but I do get the occasional drop into the mid 40s, made bearable by G-Sync. One card would not cut it for me in that game.

However Hitman (2016) seems to run damn good in DX12, single card. In fact it's smoother for me than with SLI in DX11. So I'm able to max that game at 4k (with SMAA) and achieve 50-60 no problem.

Btw this is with an OC of 1950/10400.

Are you saying you get dips into the mid 40's with SLI? These mods must be really demanding. I run a single titan with no mods maxed and i get 60fps apart from in the countryside where grass at ultra dips it into the 50-60 range and if i drive onto a grassy meadow it drops to 45fps at worst in the whole game.

With hairworks off but otherwise maxed you get 60fps mostly with dips into 53 at worst on a heavily shadowed forest part on witcher 3. Getting 50-60fps is pretty easy on one titan x mostly. An odd tweak on a setting that looks no different to the setting below can help on some games like the division. Do you really need to run max quality shadows and lose up to 20 fps ?

Back
Top Bottom