• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal Titan X and XP Owners Thread

Wonder how long before evga start rolling out their aio kit for titan x, apparently its "in development". Seeing as the old aio fits (according to the gamer nexus vid) all they would really need is a shroud. They take an eternity to get products in decent supply though.

Wonder how long before evga start rolling out their aio kit for titan x, apparently its "in development". Seeing as the old aio fits (according to the gamer nexus vid) all they would really need is a shroud. They take an eternity to get products in decent supply though.

1080 hybrid kit works like a dream it is literally the shroud does not fit. From what I have read on the net and from evga customer support there is either no kit on the way or it's a long way of. Just a Shame that's nvidia don't release these cards with aio on them from the start cause aio makes such a massive difference.

Cheers :)

Those temps are just what 3d mark spout out, I have AI suite 3 and Precision which give me temps - are both 31 C at idle.

Do you suggest something?

No was just wondering if it was built into 3dmark, not used it before and wanted to use ti for when i test mine at the weekend :)

Where are all those people who said a 240 rad was impossible? ;)

Single 240 rad watercooling i7 6700k @ 4.8 ghz and overclocked Titan X... drum roll please...

fire_ex_temps by dancook1982, on Flickr

It is not particularly noisy, not silent - I can't hear it over speakers.

L1050646 by dancook1982, on Flickr

Like the case effect, solid participation medal, I recall someone saying your loop would dissipate as much heat as mine (guess not):

fs2.png

Scone, need to catch you on the benches, let's have some fun :) (still using conservative clocks)

P.S - Vardars at 700rpm
P.P.S Greebo, here I am, didn't say 240 is impossible, I just would not be happy with 68c CPU, I got way less than that on OC air with 10 cores. Horses for course and all that... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think somebody said that a 240 would never dissipate enough to heat quick enough and his system wouldn't work.

I said that it might disapate as much as yours......and it could if you had different rads and fans ;)

I'm very impressed with how well his 240 is doing tbh

I think somebody said that a 240 would never dissipate enough to heat quick enough and his system wouldn't work.

I said that it might disapate as much as yours......and it could if you had different rads and fans ;)

I am suitably impressed for 1x240 to be honest :). On another note get your damn block mate and kick DPD in the posterior, we need to push this beast until flops! So far +275 is my clock break point without increasing core voltage.

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of my WC parts arrived today but the 480 rad was damaged so has to go back and the 560 and second 280 are arriving on Monday.

My first time with hard-tubing, so wanted to test it out before doing the final build as I bought 8x 1m bitspower crystal link acrylic tubing... plenty of spare for mistakes and tests.

Currently I have the loop CPU-only with a single 280mm Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Xtreme+

I am very impressed with this radiator.

At idle and 4.2GHz, the CPU is sitting at 23-25C and under aida64 100% load it's sitting at a stable 60C.

It only gets that high because I've set a quiet fan profile that keeps the fans at 30% and the pumps at 50% until 60C... so as soon as they ramp up, the temp doesn't go any higher.

I am confident this radiator could easily handle and overclocked CPU & GPU... perhaps even 2 GPUs! It would be noisier and the plan is for a quiet build, hence all the rads... but this rad has far exceeded my expectations. I laughed when I saw the box claimed the Rad could dissipate 1100W - but now I think their claim might be close to accurate.

I'll give it a test at higher fan/pump speed and see what it can really do.

So far beyond the AIO water coolers, it's hard to compare... even noticeably improved over cheaper/thinner watercooling rads... I only have praise for this Hardware Labs kit :)

The EK Supremacy waterblock is also doing a good job, of course.

Photo of current test build... the lines aren't perfect, but I'm happy with it for my first try... and the minor mistakes I've made had taught me how to do it properly for the final build:

IMG_0322 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

I'm sure after a good hour of solid gaming those temps will start to creep up for sure. First boot and run on 3D mark on my system and gpus in the 30s Max load. After a good hour of witcher 3 that can soon creep up 40-45 even 50c. I've even had them 55c with fans at 700rpm.

Can feel the heat coming out of the rads.

I'm not saying it won't work. But it's going to struggle after an extended time without fans being at high speed.

I have asked this earlier, but I will ask again...

It seems that most can get +220 core by +500 mem on their cards - I have two of them (soon to be underwater) in SLI and cannot get beyond +195 and around +225 (although not pushed the mem yet) before firestrike ultra bench crashes out with a driver fail.
I have tried both cards separately and I seem to get the same results on both - in and out of SLI.

Temperature on the cards doesn't seem to get beyond 60-70 degrees and it is set to 90 degrees on 100 power.

Surely this can't be silicon lottery on both cards - any ideas?

Cheers
Ras

Back
Top Bottom