• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal Titan X and XP Owners Thread

Caporegime
I'm sure after a good hour of solid gaming those temps will start to creep up for sure. First boot and run on 3D mark on my system and gpus in the 30s Max load. After a good hour of witcher 3 that can soon creep up 40-45 even 50c. I've even had them 55c with fans at 700rpm.

Can feel the heat coming out of the rads.

I'm not saying it won't work. But it's going to struggle after an extended time without fans being at high speed.

Point is he said he was perfectly happy running the fans at 3000 rpm. WHich is why he got a very high fpi radiator (the highest you can buy) which is pretty useless cooling at low fan speeds and only really starts to shine at 1500-1800rpm and above

SO I would imagine than unlike yourself and me, he will be running at 1500 to 3000 rpm most of the time.

Associate
I just ran the Firestrike Ultra stress test three times over (30 minutes), by the end of the third my radiator fans were running at no more than 1500.

GPU stayed at 52, CPU peaked at 71

It was not 'loud', obviously not silent - it was a comforting noise :)

i7 6700k @ 4.8

GPU overclocks
120% power
+199mhz core
+496mhz mem

I will leave witcher 3 running for a while

Last edited:
Associate
I'm sure after a good hour of solid gaming those temps will start to creep up for sure. First boot and run on 3D mark on my system and gpus in the 30s Max load. After a good hour of witcher 3 that can soon creep up 40-45 even 50c. I've even had them 55c with fans at 700rpm.

Can feel the heat coming out of the rads.

I'm not saying it won't work. But it's going to struggle after an extended time without fans being at high speed.

Played Witcher for 50 minutes.. was very stable with temps and fan speed
Witcher 3440x1440 Ultra everything, full hairworks x 8

1500 RPM fans, 61 C CPU, 48-49 C GPU

[email protected]
120%/+199Mhz/+496mhz

Had game sound going, but not loudly, and the sound from the fans was easily zoned out. (and it sits on the desk next to me)

It's well within acceptable levels.

Soldato
Played Witcher for 50 minutes.. was very stable with temps and fan speed
Witcher 3440x1440 Ultra everything, full hairworks x 8

1500 RPM fans, 61 C CPU, 48-49 C GPU

[email protected]
120%/+199Mhz/+496mhz

Had game sound going, but not loudly, and the sound from the fans was easily zoned out. (and it sits on the desk next to me)

It's well within acceptable levels.

Is that with the GPU at 99%? If so I am impressed.

Both my gpus at 90-99% can hit that temp after an extended time. Rooms about 28c though.

Going to change all my fans Tuesday anyway. Due to mine idling at 800rpm. Going to get some that idle at 3-400. Haven't decided what yet though.

Also top rad to change. Change it back to thin 38mm due to lower fpi. Should be better for lower speed fans.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Well my waterblock has finally been redirected and got to Teeside depot this morning at 8am so will be delivered on Monday now.

So no playing until Monday night. Shame :(

Soldato
A lot of my WC parts arrived today but the 480 rad was damaged so has to go back and the 560 and second 280 are arriving on Monday.

My first time with hard-tubing, so wanted to test it out before doing the final build as I bought 8x 1m bitspower crystal link acrylic tubing... plenty of spare for mistakes and tests.

Currently I have the loop CPU-only with a single 280mm Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Xtreme+

I am very impressed with this radiator.

At idle and 4.2GHz, the CPU is sitting at 23-25C and under aida64 100% load it's sitting at a stable 60C.

It only gets that high because I've set a quiet fan profile that keeps the fans at 30% and the pumps at 50% until 60C... so as soon as they ramp up, the temp doesn't go any higher.

I am confident this radiator could easily handle and overclocked CPU & GPU... perhaps even 2 GPUs! It would be noisier and the plan is for a quiet build, hence all the rads... but this rad has far exceeded my expectations. I laughed when I saw the box claimed the Rad could dissipate 1100W - but now I think their claim might be close to accurate.

I'll give it a test at higher fan/pump speed and see what it can really do.

So far beyond the AIO water coolers, it's hard to compare... even noticeably improved over cheaper/thinner watercooling rads... I only have praise for this Hardware Labs kit :)

The EK Supremacy waterblock is also doing a good job, of course.

Photo of current test build... the lines aren't perfect, but I'm happy with it for my first try... and the minor mistakes I've made had taught me how to do it properly for the final build:

IMG_0322 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

Why are you posting pics of 1080s under water, in the titan X thread? (going by your sig specs)

I was looking to see pics of titans under water but not much going on so far :/

Associate
That vid about thermal throttling goes onto say there is a power limit too...

If I clock memory at +750mhz my total core OC with boost caps around 2000mhz, if I reduce memory to +450mhz i get around the total cap I've seen which is 2050mhz.

I'm not wholly sure about this anymore, results are so inconsistent... maybe :)

Last edited:
Permabanned
Why are you posting pics of 1080s under water, in the titan X thread? (going by your sig specs)

I was looking to see pics of titans under water but not much going on so far :/

They're Titan X Pascal cards... I haven't updated my sig since changing them.

They're going under water next week. The GPU blocks were supposed to arrive yesterday but they've been delayed a day so will arrive on Monday.

I wanted to have a play with hard tubing first any way to get to grips with it... hence the early single-rad build.

Other items like the other radiators and uprated thermal pads for the GPUs are also arriving on Monday-Tuesday, so I've got a few more days to wait to finalise the build.

I'll take some proper photos with my DSLR when it's all done too... rather than phone pics.

He had 1080s but I think upgraded to Titan XP SLI, fan cooled atm but gonna put under water.

Yup - just waiting on some more items to arrive.

EDIT: Updated sig

Last edited:
Soldato
Same mate, they get VERY hot... Having said that in SLI the top card actually cools the bottom card backplate without water. If you have a strong airflow through the cards I think they sit significantly cooler so this could be a reason why... I'm planning to attempt some sort of fan mount gently cooling them with some direct air flow when my 1080 blocks are out. (And yes OR Titan if I cave :p )

Just randomly I stuck an extra 120mm fan on my top GPU blowing on to the backplate, can confirm the red hot plate is now cooler but it made ZERO difference to my GPU temps. Potentially if I rigged it up a bit better it might make more difference but was interesting to try...

Back
Top Bottom