• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal Titan X and XP Owners Thread

I could buy two GTX Titan X's per month if I really wanted. Doesn't mean I would though.

I'm an enthusiast but at the minute with current pricing, support it's becoming harder and harder to make the choice to buy. I'm getting to the point where id rather put that much money on other stuff rather than 30% performance so I can get 75fps instead of 60.

Not saying anyone shouldn't that's your choice. Just my opinion here.

True. I have quite a few thousand a month to play with (could easily buy 3-4 of these per month) but having trouble justifying a 2nd hand 6700 (non K) that’s so negotiated down in price, the seller may as well give it away for free at this stage. Never mind a card even the manufacturer appears to admit is overpriced.

Oh well, different strokes and all that. But it is funny watching people get their panties in a twist over something that don’t affect them in the slightest and then call it ‘opinions’. I think the definition of opinion and whining often gets confused.

To be honest 980Ti SLI was and still is a perfect SLI setup. Bargain price now at >250-300 for a second hand card.

Every single AAA title played them bang on at 95-99% utilisation on each card. Was getting a very close 80-90% increase over single card in the vast majority of games.

Loved my Ti's and it was a hard choice to sell them.

Probably will be buying two GTX 1080Ti's if the pricing is right and IF they are actually produced :)

980ti's are still amazing, I have 2 running at 1490 and they are great. Still buying a Pascal Titan, for no other reason besides the fact that as of 2 August it is the fastest single card solution. Will something with a better price/performance ratio be out soon? Of course. Does that deter me from buying? Not in the slightest. Is it good value for money? Nopers. Is value for money important to me? Nopers.

My SLI scaling in the games I play has been great barring one title. 980ti's are HOF worthy imo :)

GPU thread (not related to your post) has become so bitchy, can we get back to the palpable excitement for new stuff please and stop whining about value? Some of us don't care, we buy stuff because we want it, the value proposition is a moot point.

I am just super exited about new stuff, don't give two hoots about value.

Last edited by a moderator:
980ti's are still amazing, I have 2 running at 1490 and they are great. Still buying a Pascal Titan, for no other reason besides the fact that as of 2 August it is the fastest single card solution. Will something with a better price/performance ratio be out soon? Of course. Does that deter me from buying? Not in the slightest. Is it good value for money? Nopers. Is value for money important to me? Nopers.

My SLI scaling in the games I play has been great barring one title. 980ti's are HOF worthy imo :)

GPU thread (not related to your post) has become so bitchy, can we get back to the palpable excitement for new stuff please and stop whining about value? Some of us don't care, we buy stuff because we want it, the value proposition is a moot point.

I am just super exited about new stuff, don't give two hoots about value.

I'm considering purchasing a second 980ti, so it's nice to read what you have written. Pascal Titan X just doesn't make sense to me. Likewise I can afford it, but to me the 'value proposition' is not a moot point.

People think it is rushed that Nvidia is launching Titan X (Pascal)?

No it is not. They know AMD current situation. AMD has layoff so many western employees and they hiring cheap Chinese engineers to develop Vega. I am pretty much sure by time AMD launches Titan X (pascal) Competitor then Nvidia will be almost ready with Volta.

Back
Top Bottom