The Penguin

Same I thought this was going to be another meaningless spin off which branches away from the original movie and was pleasantly surprised just how good it was. Some solid acting from Colin Farrell.

Do you think Robin Patterson will make a appearance?
He plays Batman, not Robin...

:D

Keeping an eye on this and will give it a go if the usuals on here give it a thumbs up!

I’m a touch cautious as I’m a little tired of the over-stylisation of Gotham as this ‘crime poop hole’… yes, yes, “gritty city gunna grit”… we get it.

^I anticipate this show is going to be vulnerable to more of this… with ‘damaged characters’ and the like. Dunno, just feel like I’ve seen the show before without even watching it.

BUT - I know it could still stand well on its own legs with a good cast / plot. Can’t let my own pre-judgments totally get the better of me :)

Last edited:
Which usuals? There are two very different crowds in this section, who sit at pretty much the opposite ends of the spectrum :cry:

I suppose I meant ‘the usuals that don’t violently herp derp off into the deep end and drown as a result of their own hyper-intolerance towards anything that might be enjoyable for someone else other than them’.

You know, those usuals :p

(I’m being playful of course… don’t hurt yourselves!)

HaHa i didnt even notice my stupid phone auto correct had changed Robert to Robin doh!. :cry:
A similar thing got me into big trouble on tinder.

Going to watch the first episode tonight. It seems to be getting praised so I hope it's as good as it looks!

Last edited:
Reactions: Kyo
Seen the first part and it is quite good, more gritty and violent than I thought and the camera work is excellent

Back
Top Bottom