• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

Soldato
I've got three connectors dangling from the two separated cables going in the PSU?
Have a gander at Cooler Master Website:
https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/power-supplies/masterwatt/masterwatt-650/#image-Item9
(Scroll down)

1.jpg

To be honest they don't make it clear. However, as long you can confirm those cables to be PCIe cables you should be fine. However, I never heard of pcie cables offering more then 2 connectors per cable.

Soldato
@Kevin Matthews
I don't want to steer you wrong mate. Look at the manual for the PSU.
However, this pic looks to be the end that goes inside the video card. But again check the manual.

The 2 pins bent downward should belong to the PCI-E 6 pin facing the camera. That "thrid"
connector belongs to the 1st one reading PCIE. You should be able to bend it up to make 6+2 PCIe connector.

Soldato
Manual ain't helpful at all, so using one cable should be enough?
The 2 pins bent downward should belong to the PCI-E 6 pin facing the camera. That "thrid"
connector belongs to the 1st one reading PCIE. You should be able to bend it up to make 6+2 PCIe connector. Both 6pin and 2pin go inside the pcie connector on the video card.

No, you want to use 2 pcie cables. The one in your hand is just 1. And you want to use the PCIe connector closest to your fingers.

Soldato
@Kevin Matthews
You want to use 2 cables. Connect th3 second PCI Cable to the video card connector closest to the end of the card. As you've already connected one already.
Correction: Your card needs 1-8pin and 1-6pin correct?

You should have a second pcie cable that looks like this:

You want it to looks similar to this:

See that this card uses 2 separate cables? They just don't offer 2 pcie connectors per cable.

Associate
Having recently purchased and installed a Corsair PSU I understand the frustration with their documentation. Coming from a 950 which didn’t need additional PCI-e connectors it took a while to work out how I was supposed to connect everything.

Everything EastCoastHandle has said is correct. With Corsair PSU cables you plug the end with the writing into the component inside the case, in this case the ones with PCIE on them. These are the ends that can be split into 6 plus 2 pins or left as 8 pins. The other end of the cable can go into the PSU itself, and this is what threw me a bit as the sockets marked 6+2 PCIe & 4+4 CPUon the PSU are the same apparently.

The Corsair 650w units come with 3 of these connectors so you should be able to use 2 separate cables for the graphics card as long as your motherboard and processor only need one 4 pin or 8 pin EPS connector.

Associate
PCIe right?
But yeah that looks right to me. 2 separate PCIe connectors from 2 pcie cables connected to the video card. Just double check to make sure that the other end of those cables are in the right slots/plugs/connectors for the psu.

Yeah anyway I could try that I could test or try like gpu pwr or anything etc or anything to look out for mate? Sorry for being a hassle.. Newbie lol

Soldato
Yeah anyway I could try that I could test or try like gpu pwr or anything etc or anything to look out for mate? Sorry for being a hassle.. Newbie lol
No problem mate.
At this point once you've double checked your connections you should be good to go for game testing.
Let us know how the card now performs in games :)

You can enable Radeon OSD by using Alt-R while in game
Performance Monitor
Metric Options
Show Metrics "On"
I don't recall the default hotkeys.

Associate
I was having random crashing while gaming when using a single pcie cable and still when using 2 seperate pcie cables.

Only when I connected the pcie cable that came directly from inside the PSU to the GPU 8 pin connector. And the second pcie cable I connected to the rear of the PSU to the GPU 6 pin connector did the random crashing stop.

Associate
I was having random crashing while gaming when using a single pcie cable and still when using 2 seperate pcie cables.

Only when I connected the pcie cable that came directly from inside the PSU to the GPU 8 pin connector. And the second pcie cable I connected to the rear of the PSU to the GPU 6 pin connector did the random crashing stop.

I just ensured all were plugged in, haven’t had any such issue... same with my old 290x. Felt if they are there then all must be in. You need the adequate PSU for sure

Back
Top Bottom