• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7600 Review Thread

yes I know but its still based on RDNA3 graphics architecture from 7nm to 6nm monolith still uses as much power the power is probably going to how high they are clocking it to get the performance more like a refresh

and the chiplet one specs on paper look pretty good but still seems below what we should be getting, all round I think RDNA3 isnt all that , ADA on the other hand is really impressive but poor pricing and placing them in wrong tiers , they cut them back so much just to hold back its peformance because they dont need to when the competition is what it is and if they give too much next gen jump wouldnt be as big :)
Seems like N33 might not be a "full" RDNA3 architecure design. Something about have it uses 128 structure CU's like RDNA2 GPU's rather than 192 structure CU's like the Navi31 GPU.

As has been said its on 6nm, which is basically a tweaked 7nm node, you can't compare that to 4nm, i mean look at the density difference, the 7600 has something like 12 Billion transistors vs about 22 Billion for the 4060Ti, transistor vs transistor RDNA3 is actually miles ahead of ADA.

Depends what transistor you're talking about. Do keep in mind a lot of Nvidia transistors are RT fixed function and tensor cores, not general compute like AMDs so Nvidia is always going to need more total number of transistors for a given raster performance level. If you look at RT performance the 4060ti is beating the 7600 by 50/60%, which should make it pretty clear that the architecture between Nvidia and amd cannot and should not be compared because it's not like for like, rather just look at the performance in whatever metric suits

Last edited:
I was waiting for these reviews before upgrading from my old 580 but unfortunatley they don't really offer an increase in value

Went with this : https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...ddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-461-as.html

There's a few promos going round

so £285 + last of us if cashback pays out, seems a much better deal than the current pricing expected for these

At least with more VRAM you can use the highest quality textures even when you have to turn other stuff down to get the fps you want.
is the last of us promotion still live (and valid!)?
usually this is advertised on the card pages, and it was back in april, but now the OC'ers product pages don't mention it...

is the last of us promotion still live (and valid!)?
usually this is advertised on the card pages, and it was back in april, but now the OC'ers product pages don't mention it...
Promotional Period: 7th March – 28th May, 2023 (Extended)
Redemption Deadline: June 24, 2023 (Extended)

so its not mentioned on the cards but if you follow the learn m ore link you get that

Last edited:
Will report back if I get a code or not. That offer page is still up, might just not be on the product page because AMD keep extending the offers by a few weeks

7nm to 6nm, pretty much clocked it as high as they can RDNA3 isnt all that just a refresh and chiplet on paper looks like it should be better but something seems to have gone wrong , while nvidia with ADA on 4nm cut them down so much to hold back the performance and even place them in lower tiers
Chiplets are more a future looking thing IMO, it may not be paying dividends now but when you reach the maximum reticule size on the smaller nodes the only way to increase performance from there is to connect one bit of silicon to another.

Chiplets are more a future looking thing IMO, it may not be paying dividends now but when you reach the maximum reticule size on the smaller nodes the only way to increase performance from there is to connect one bit of silicon to another.
working pretty well on cpu for them now, gpu first run is a test so next gen should be when it takes off unless they try to **** customers over again with even smaller die

Yeah if you're thinking about a 7600 but are also willing to pay 4060 ti money, the 6700 XT and 6750 XT are definitely worth your attention.
My problem is that I value _value_. Happy to spend 600-700 for a quality card that will last. But I'm just not seeing that currently? But the basic 2060 is anemic.

My problem is that I value _value_. Happy to spend 600-700 for a quality card that will last. But I'm just not seeing that currently? But the basic 2060 is anemic.
Yeah I agree with that to be honest. Like I'm riding it out with my 3060 which for me is on the lower end of "fine" for me at this point. In previous gens we might have seen an xx80 series cards at that 600-700 price point.

You'd think we could at least get a non-stingy xx70 card there but the 4070 doesn't really qualify for that and the 4070 ti is a joke in terms of value with limited VRAM and constrained memory bandwidth.

The 6950 XT is not bad in that range but it still feels a lot to ask for a previous gen card which will probably require a new PSU to go with it. I do feel that the 6700 XT and 6750 XT aren't bad for what they're offering, the best of a mediocre situation amongst disappointing new releases if you ask me.

The RX6700XT if it can be bought for closer to £300,will be a cheap upgrade for you if you sell the RTX2060. Then you will get a big performance uplift,and you can hold off for the immediate future. OFC,you could just wait for another 6~12 months and see if an RTX4000 Super range is release,and what the RX7700/RX7800 series look like.

Edit!!

The RX6700XT is around 60% to 70% faster than an RTX2060 6GB:

It is about 50% faster in RT at 1080p according to TPU.

Last edited:
The 6950 XT is not bad in that range but it still feels a lot to ask for a previous gen card which will probably require a new PSU to go with it. I do feel that the 6700 XT and 6750 XT aren't bad for what they're offering, the best of a mediocre situation amongst disappointing new releases if you ask me.
Agreed. If the current 2060 would no-fan on idle I'd consider keeping it longer. And I might yet. Depending how those rebates pan out.

Back
Top Bottom