• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7600 Review Thread

It's not as bad as the 4060 Ti but nor is it anything approaching an exciting card, barely a generational leap and more typical of what you'll see with a refresh.

As HWU said, the 6600/6650 XT have offered almost exactly the same price/performance for months now, so it's doesn't have any impact whatsoever.

Doesn't leave me with any confidence in potential 7700 or 7800 cards, even if AMD have a very large price gap to play with in their lineup.

Last edited:
It's not as bad as the 4060 Ti but nor is it anything approaching an exciting card, barely a generational leap and more typical of what you've see with a refresh.

What's the difference between rdna 2 and 3? Based on this card, I'm inclined to say nothing. I thought at least the ray tracing and power efficiency would be better.

What's the difference between rdna 2 and 3? Based on this card, I'm inclined to say nothing. I thought at least the ray tracing and power efficiency would be better.
Higher IPC, ai matrix accelerators, and various improvements to both raytraced and rasterised IPC. Some features are currently redundant until supported by developers (if they ever are)

Power efficiency was always going to be a no since while it is s monolith it's only 6nm which is as far as TSMC have said is a cheaper 7nm. Cheaper because in the fab it has fewer steps.

RT is a fair bit better than RDNA2 though, at least in some tiles:

Not going to try and use an image hosting site on the phone, but if you filter their chart to min percentages and Cyberpunk only then versus the 6650 you get around 270%.
Still unplayable and 4060 To is almost twice as fast, but AMD have done something for RT with RDNA3.

Last edited:
Steve Burke said something interesting, AMD had a panic attack with this launch, it was pushed out a little early and price cut last minute.

And typically AMD these days a bit botched, apparently some reviewers were sent the wrong drivers, others sent drivers that are months old and aren't even for RDNA3.
The performance on some of these drivers is lower than it should be, some of the review results are inconsistent, the best one is Steve's, it almost matches the RX 6700XT and 4060Ti in a couple of instances and just seems overall faster than a couple of other reviewers. the highest performance it scores vs the 6600 its replacing was +37%, that's not bad.

I think maybe wait for an AIB review with other reviewers before passing final judgement because $270 is not a bad price and if its actually more than the 15 to 20% faster than the 6600 that some reviews show its a better proposition.

Last edited:
Steve Burke said something interesting, AMD had a panic attack with this launch, it was pushed out a little early and price cut last minute.

And typically AMD these days a bit botched, apparently some reviewers were sent the wrong drivers, others sent drivers that are months old and aren't even for RDNA3.
The performance on some of these drivers is lower than it should be, some of the review results are inconsistent, the best one is Steve's, it almost matches the RX 6700XT and 4060Ti in a couple of instances and just seems overall faster than a couple of other reviewers. the highest performance it scores vs the 6600 its replacing was +37%, that's not bad.

I think maybe wait for an AIB review with other reviewers before passing final judgement because $270 is not a bad price and if its actually more than the 15 to 20% faster than the 6600 that some reviews show its a better proposition.
Sounds like AMD has a personnel problem rather than a hardware issue. Given their size they really should have some top quality people running these things.

Sounds like AMD has a personnel problem rather than a hardware issue. Given their size they really should have some top quality people running these things.

Yeah, this is silly,
On the GPU side AMD seem to be stumbling from blunder to blunder, they just can't seem to get that house in order, i don't get it, with all this money they have now can't they hire some industry management guru to grab this by the scuff of the neck and sort it all out?
Come on AMD you're better than this.

I was thinking about AMD gpus seemingly always making a bad first impression and the whole "fine wine" thing, and I do think there is a pretty consistent trend.

Cards launch to lacklustre reviews, where even the positive reviews are people saying they wish it was slightly cheaper with slightly more performance. Then over the next several months the prices slowly come down and the relative performance slowly goes up. And a year later everyone is reccomending it.
This very clearly happened with basically every 6000 series card, it happened to several 5000 series cards, happened to polaris and even a little bit to vega.
I would not be surprised if by xmas these 7600s are going to be around £50 cheaper than the 4060 with similar performance and any time someone goes to spec a sub £600 PC its the first thing they add to their basket.

Assuming there isn't another unseen crisis upending the market :p

Last edited:
Power efficiency was always going to be a no since while it is s monolith it's only 6nm which is as far as TSMC have said is a cheaper 7nm. Cheaper because in the fab it has fewer steps.

RT is a fair bit better than RDNA2 though, at least in some tiles:

Not going to try and use an image hosting site on the phone, but if you filter their chart to min percentages and Cyberpunk only then versus the 6650 you get around 270%.
Still unplayable and 4060 To is almost twice as fast, but AMD have done something for RT with RDNA3.
Nah, look at all the results with RT. It's mostly around a 10% gain (total performance). That CP2077 result looks borked. Even in Witcher 3 w/ RT the 7600 has only a 12% perf. advantage. The real benchmark for RT in terms of a stable release and optimised around AMD that we can look at, is Metro Exodus EE, and even then we see the same thing 11%.
RDNA 3 = RDNA 2 + the ability to go bigger on the high end, plus some measly extras like AV1 encode etc. That's all.

Measley extras - YOU were slating AMD for not having AV1, not they have it - you dismiss it. Such the strawman. Card is a solid midrange card, cheaper than the one it replaces, and a solid performance increase. Sorry its not a 4090 beater for £250

Measley extras - YOU were slating AMD for not having AV1, not they have it - you dismiss it. Such the strawman. Card is a solid midrange card, cheaper than the one it replaces, and a solid performance increase. Sorry its not a 4090 beater for £250
Solid midrange card? Wtf am i reading.

This is just as bad as the 4060ti. And midrange? More like low end.

Last edited:
Solid midrange card? Wtf am i reading.

This is just as bad as the 4060ti. And midrange? More like low end.

Nothing like low end or have you been sleeping for the last 3 generations. iGPU are the low end, the 3050 / 6500XT were nearly faster than on die now. 4080 is high end, 4070 is low part of high end or high part of mid range - 4060 is mid range

I think this card's pretty good for what it is, a refresh. Considering AMD is already being recommended at most levels of 6000 series against NVIDIAs new 4000 series, all they have to do is move to the new architechture while maintaining the same price/performance as current 6000 cards. 5-10% more raster, 10-20% more raytracing, AV1, same price (depending on your region), what's not to like?

Also, NVIDIA is very price sticky and is willing to turn off production rather than drop prices. AMD so far has shown they will move prices fairly significantly to meet their own targets. 7900xt dropped a lot, the xtx not so much. If £259 really is too much for the 7600, it's likely the price will go down.

Last edited:
Yeah, this is silly,
On the GPU side AMD seem to be stumbling from blunder to blunder, they just can't seem to get that house in order, i don't get it, with all this money they have now can't they hire some industry management guru to grab this by the scuff of the neck and sort it all out?
Come on AMD you're better than this.
they do what papi jensen tells them to do

Back
Top Bottom