• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7600 Review Thread

The weirdest thing about the 7600 is the high power draw vs its predecessor

7nm to 6nm, pretty much clocked it as high as they can RDNA3 isnt all that just a refresh and chiplet on paper looks like it should be better but something seems to have gone wrong , while nvidia with ADA on 4nm cut them down so much to hold back the performance and even place them in lower tiers

Last edited:
7nm to 6nm, pretty much clocked it as high as they can RDNA3 isnt all that just a refresh and chiplet on paper looks like it should be better but something seems to have gone wrong , while nvidia with ADA on 4nm cut them down so much to hold back the performance and even place them in lower tiers

This isnt a chiplet , its monolith

This isnt a chiplet , its monolith

yes I know but its still based on RDNA3 graphics architecture from 7nm to 6nm monolith still uses as much power the power is probably going to how high they are clocking it to get the performance more like a refresh

and the chiplet one specs on paper look pretty good but still seems below what we should be getting, all round I think RDNA3 isnt all that , ADA on the other hand is really impressive but poor pricing and placing them in wrong tiers , they cut them back so much just to hold back its peformance because they dont need to when the competition is what it is and if they give too much next gen jump wouldnt be as big :)

Last edited:
As has been said its on 6nm, which is basically a tweaked 7nm node, you can't compare that to 4nm, i mean look at the density difference, the 7600 has something like 12 Billion transistors vs about 22 Billion for the 4060Ti, transistor vs transistor RDNA3 is actually miles ahead of ADA.

The weirdest thing about the 7600 is the high power draw vs its predecessor
I'm glad the 6600 its showing up in some power consumption tests again as I remember seeing a couple where it was absent though the rx 6600XT was included the rx 6600 proberly would have shown up the nvidia cards and made them not look as good.

The power consumption is very good on my rx 6600 as sometimes when gaming (older games mind with 60fps locked) the card does not reach the tempature point for the fans to turn on and this is with no undervolting etc. I did think there was a problem with the fans at one point. :eek:

Last edited:
As has been said its on 6nm, which is basically a tweaked 7nm node, you can't compare that to 4nm, i mean look at the density difference, the 7600 has something like 12 Billion transistors vs about 22 Billion for the 4060Ti, transistor vs transistor RDNA3 is actually miles ahead of ADA.

yeah but currently ADA is miles ahead look how much they are cutting them just to hold back the performance :) Nvidia's next node jump wont be as big lets hope the next version of chiplet is more succesful currently feels like its in beta

Last edited:
yeah but currently ADA is miles ahead :) Nvidia's next node jump wont be as big lets hope the next version of chiplet is more succesful currently feels like its in beta

On 4nm AMD could have made it a 50+ CU GPU with more cache at the same size as the 4060Ti and similar power as it has now, this vs 32 CU's as it is, that would make it a very different GPU.

Last edited:
I suppose the other thing is if this is a full Navi 33, we can assume their yields aren't perfect so there's scope for a cut down part as well. A RX 7500 with performance similar to a 6600 at sub £200 would definitely be a welcome addition at the entry level.

Can I ask those of you who have suffered through the reviews to give me a short comparison between this and a basic 2060? My card is getting old, but I'm really struggling to tell how much of an upgrade this would actually be?
(Yes, I've asked the same question in both this and the 4060 thread. Sorry!)

On 4nm AMD could have made it a 50+ CU GPU with more cache at the same size as the 4060Ti and similar power as it has now, this vs 32 CU's as it is, that would make it a very different GPU.

Reality and what we could have had are 2 different things , my plan was always to hold out till next gen hopefully we have better options :) nvidia with its pricing and tier placing, and AMD not being aggressive enough with what they have :) all round Sh#t show

Last edited:
Can I ask those of you who have suffered through the reviews to give me a short comparison between this and a basic 2060? My card is getting old, but I'm really struggling to tell how much of an upgrade this would actually be?
Think ~2080 performance at 1080p, less good at higher resolutions. More like a 2070 when RT is turned on. So a decent ~40% bump at raster, not much faster with RT.

Is it the RTX2060 6GB? If so it is the VRAM causing the problems. The RX7600 and RTX4060TI would be a reasonable uplift in performance,but 8GB of VRAM is not enough if you intend to keep the dGPU for 3~4 years IMHO. The RX6700XT 12GB is a much better upgrade overall,but OFC Nvidia is better in RT heavy scenarios. Its around an RTX3060TI(maybe a bit better) in rasterised performance and trades blows with an RTX3060 in RT:

The rasterised performance uplift over an RTX2060 6GB is about 64% at qHD:

The RX6700XT is getting closer to £300ish. Check on HUKD to see when deals pop up.

The other alternative is to wait another 6~12 months to see what the RX7700XT is like,and whether Nvidia refreshes the RTX4000 series with higher VRAM SKUs.

Last edited:
I was waiting for these reviews before upgrading from my old 580 but unfortunatley they don't really offer an increase in value

Went with this : https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...ddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-461-as.html

There's a few promos going round

so £285 + last of us if cashback pays out, seems a much better deal than the current pricing expected for these

At least with more VRAM you can use the highest quality textures even when you have to turn other stuff down to get the fps you want.

What I want do to is upgrade to something that will drive a 1440 ultrawide, but everything seems complete c***. I just want a good option.... or a stopgap I can convince myself isn't a waste?
Which is what I hoped these might be.

I was waiting for these reviews before upgrading from my old 580 but unfortunatley they don't really offer an increase in value

Went with this : https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...ddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-461-as.html

There's a few promos going round

so £285 + last of us if cashback pays out, seems a much better deal than the current pricing expected for these

At least with more VRAM you can use the highest quality textures even when you have to turn other stuff down to get the fps you want.
Great choice at that money!!! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom