• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Generally speaking, over all the XTXs I've tested (at least 10 if not more) the maximum undervolt you will be able to achieve at 3-3.2Ghz core clock speed is somewhere between 1.090mv and 1.130mv, depending on silicon lottery.

Oh, and never increase the min clock frequency past 500Mhz. RDNA3 is different to RDNA2 in this regard.

Last edited:
Generally speaking, over all the XTXs I've tested (at least 10 if not more) the maximum undervolt you will be able to achieve at 3-3.2Ghz core clock speed is somewhere between 1.090mv and 1.130mv, depending on silicon lottery.

Oh, and never increase the min clock frequency past 500Mhz. RDNA3 is different to RDNA2 in this regard.

3.2!? That's a lot isn't it?

My mba crashes at 3ghz!

Apologies for interrupting and changing the subject. New owner of a 7900XTX here and unfortunately the coil whine on anything above 70fps is unbearable.
Does anyone had this issue also or am I on my own with this?

Thanks

Apologies for interrupting and changing the subject. New owner of a 7900XTX here and unfortunately the coil whine on anything above 70fps is unbearable.

Thanks

pretty much lottery , everyones tolerance levels are different , I had coil whine on 3080fe which was very annoying sent it back the replacement was much better much lower coil whine mostly gets drowned out when fans start kicking in during gaming

I dont like the fact its such a lottery and someone else paying the exact same and has less of it doesnt seem fair, if its very bad its likely the replacement should be better

Last edited:

Thanks
In my testing, most XTXs will have coil whine so you'll just have to accept it. What you will find is that some are much worse than others. Try to cap or limit FPS, lower voltage and or power limit, that will help.

Funnily enough, the current XTX (TUF OC) I am currently using has the least coil whine of any XTX I've tried (well over 10), it almost has none. Almost.

If you've ever had a 4090 though it's not as bad as those. I've had a few (well over 10) and they all sound like various beard trimmers on full speed. :cry:

Thanks
If it’s that’s bad I would return it get another.
There’s not been too many coil whine reports on this thread. You may have been just unlucky.

Back
Top Bottom