• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

I’ve just tried mine on stock 1100mv- it hit 3ghz! Not sure sure how much performance I gained however.
The XT and XTX cards are power limited in most scenarios at maximum GPU utilisation. Therefore, you typically gain more performance by the following in order of importance:

1. Maxing out the power limit
2. Lowering the core voltage (assuming stability is retained)
3. Ensuring the GPU and other components are as cool as possible

The GPU will draw more power the higher the resolution. This will mean that you can typically expect a higher core clock at 1080P Vs 2160P.

The XT and XTX cards are power limited in most scenarios at maximum GPU utilisation. Therefore, you typically gain more performance by the following in order of importance:

1. Maxing out the power limit
2. Lowering the core voltage (assuming stability is retained)
3. Ensuring the GPU and other components are as cool as possible

The GPU will draw more power the higher the resolution. This will mean that you can typically expect a higher core clock at 1080P Vs 2160P.
Thanks will try out your recommendations.

Matt rated the Tuf and he’s probably tried most of the range. But you can’t go wrong with either to be honest.
Yes, I really like the TUF and dare I say it, I prefer it over the Nitro+. I will admit though that overall the Nitro is the better out of the two, but not by much.

The TUF cooler is so big, it's bigger than the 4090 TUF OC I have here. Don't believe me? See for yourself... :cry:

The Sapphire cooler performance is slightly better than the TUF out of the box. However, the TUF heatsink is larger and despite not having a vapour chamber, with higher fan speeds it is possible to have it out performing the Nitro cooler.

I've had a few of each, put liquid metal on both, and drew my conclusions on the above from that. Both are the pick of the XTX cards for me, and I've tried them all bar the Asrock XTX cards.

Back
Top Bottom