• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Hi

Thinking of getting 7900XT Pulse, how much power are you saving with an undervolt? just wanted to see if it's worth the bother.

How much of an undervolt? Do you still crash with a smaller undervolt? What are your gpu and hotspot temps?
I've watched a video.

So I set min core 2400 max core 2800. Power slider to +15. Volt to 1130mv.

I will have to check temps, not nothing higher than stock temps.

Have I set the max core to high. It's just strange that 3Dmark passes, yet games don't.

Last edited:
I've watched a video.

So I set min core 2400 max core 2800. Power slider to +15. Volt to 1130mv.

I will have to check temps, not nothing higher than stock temps.

Have I set the max core to high. It's just strange that 3Dmark passes, yet games don't.
Leave the min core at 500, everything else is fine. Increasing min core is not beneficial and often hurts more than helps. On RDNA2 it was needed but not on RDNA3.

I've noticed that my card will boost to around 2780mhz in most titles with just a slight undervolt without any change to the power limits etc but in raytracing, Metro Exodus Enhance Edition for example, it will only boost to around 2480mhz on the core. I assume thats normal as raytracing is more demanding yada yada ?

So the 7900XT is a lot bigger than I thought it was - no issue fitting it in the case but definitely happy with my decision to change case at the same time.

Also swapped back to air cooling with the D15s (replacing the EK Basic 240mm AIO) and already much preferring the noise levels and lack of pump noise. Only managed to run a few benchmarks / stability tests but so far the 7900XT is suspiciously cool, running it at 100% with Heaven 4.0 and I can't get it to go above 67 deg... Performance wise seems brilliant too, will give it a proper whirl later today!

foZPaKl.jpeg

So the 7900XT is a lot bigger than I thought it was - no issue fitting it in the case but definitely happy with my decision to change case at the same time.

Also swapped back to air cooling with the D15s (replacing the EK Basic 240mm AIO) and already much preferring the noise levels and lack of pump noise. Only managed to run a few benchmarks / stability tests but so far the 7900XT is suspiciously cool, running it at 100% with Heaven 4.0 and I can't get it to go above 67 deg... Performance wise seems brilliant too, will give it a proper whirl later today!

foZPaKl.jpeg

Thats a really tidy build. Great job!

foZPaKl.jpeg
Awesome dude! Hopefully see you on the front line No-PAT.

I'm planning on building a new VR rig in or around November.

But because of my financial situation, I'm going to have to do it in two parts - the main rig itself and the GPU separately.

I was originally planning on getting the main rig done first and then getting the GPU in another 5 or 6 months.

I've decided on the GPU I'm planning to get, a 7900XT, hence me posting here now.

But I've been seeing a few videos on YouTube with people talking about another potential GPU shortage caused by companies buying high end GPUs for AI.

Do you guys think that I'll be better off getting the GPU first just in case I can't find one for love nor money next year?

Last edited:
I'm planning on building a new VR rig in or around November.

But because of my financial situation, I'm going to have to do it in two parts - the main rig itself and the GPU separately.

I was originally planning on getting the main rig done first and then getting the GPU in another 5 or 6 months.

I've decided on the GPU I'm planning to get, a 7900XT, hence me posting here now.

But I've been seeing a few videos on YouTube with people talking about another potential GPU shortage caused by companies buying high end GPUs for AI.

Do you guys think that I'll be better off getting the GPU first just in case I can't find one for love nor money next year?
Imo. Personally I'd hold fire. November, black Friday and Cyber Monday are a stones throw away. Give you a chance to save up a bit more and get some good bargains!

Last edited:
My tuning in Adrenalin undervolt keeps resetting, I have a stable undervolt 500-2700 1110mv Power limit +15.
I have the same issue with Wattman, it can be pretty bad for resetting. Create a Game Profile with your clocks for each of the games you play or you can use the latest Afterburner instead which maintains your settings no matter what :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom