• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

If I use an overlay to monitor temps etc. I'm getting the GPU crash in game (CODs DMZ). It's fine running 3dmarks.
I use the inbuilt Adrenalin one and experience no crashing. I had an issue with crashes early on and realised I had a dodgy psu (RM850x) and swapped it out for a RM750x which fixed the issue.

Last edited:
Some 7900 XTXs ship with Samsung memory as opposed to Hynix. Hynix is preferrable from an overclocking perspective out of the two. You can tell if you have Samsung memory as it generally tops out at about 2650Mhz before the memory will throw out errors or degrade performance in game, or even show artifacts. Hynix will go higher before any of those happen. For short overclocking runs, you can sometimes push Hynix up past 2750Mhz.

If you would like to know which memory your XTX uses, you can check via HWINFO64.

#Pray4Hynix

Last edited:
Here is a handy tool that you can use to actually verify memory stability on the 7900 XTX or other GPUs. Simply set your memory overclock and run the test for at least 5 minutes (standard test is 5 minutes and usually picks up errors, but the extended test is 30 minutes+) and see if you pass the standard test. If you do, increase memory frequency. If it reports an error, drop the memory frequency until the memory errors disappear. I recommend 6Mhz increments.

You'll be surprised how much lower your memory overclocks should probably be. Good chance that if you run 2700Mhz or higher, it's throwing errors out without you even knowing. This may show in game as one of the following, lower FPS, graphical artifacts like squares, flickering, flashing etc, or game crashing (without a TDR). Or it may work in game just fine, at least as far as you know but its throwing ecc memory errors in the background. :p

For my Sapphire 7900 XTX Nitro+ (the one I have with Hynix) I can run 2686Mhz, any higher and 1 or more errors pop up in the app mentioned above.

This heats up your GPU memory nicely, so keep an eye on temps. I find the hotter the memory gets with an overclock, the more likely it is to throw an error too.

Last edited:
Never used Image Sharpening, need to give that a try.

Any pointers?

On MAIN Window, left hand directory panel>expand on Video Adapter>select AMD Radeon RX XTX7900.

I enabled it in Adrenaline’s software theres a scale to adjust to your preference. Ive just left it set to default and it looks crisp to me.

Ill check HWINFO again in a minute. I think im using an older version tho.

I enabled it in Adrenaline’s software theres a scale to adjust to your preference. Ive just left it set to default and it looks crisp to me.

You can set it up globally or apply it per a game profile. Don't use it if you use FSR, otherwise you can use it with anything.

Cool, any starting no. to try, seen 60/80 mentioned above, is anything applied at default on(without changing anything else)?

Ok I don't think it's an overlay that's is causing my driver crash.

If I leave the GPU at stock it doesn't crash in 3Dmarks or game.

If I undervolt it's stable on 3Dmarks. But crashes the GPU in game.

I hops this makes sense.

How much of an undervolt? Do you still crash with a smaller undervolt? What are your gpu and hotspot temps?

Back
Top Bottom