• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Is there an EK block for the Sapphire? Don't get me started on loop temps. Need to redo my tubes as while cpu and gpu temps are great around mid to low 50's under load, my fluid temps regularly go over 40c unless I blast the aircon on which isn't ideal. This is a triple 360 set up too.

I use the ek special mba block on my sapphire 7900xtx, cuts the card down to 1 slot and not much longer than the stock cooler so it can fit it pretty much every case, because of my loop 2*420mm corsair xr5 rads and a d5 with noctua 140mm industrial 2000rpm fans (1160rpm under load) my card under load never exceeds 42c, hot spot gets to around 58, ram is at a chilly 68 when in games

Cpu does run warm at around 77c load but its stock so auto volts are pushing temps a bit, i too have aircon but only use during really hot spells (last years stupid 40c), after a while i can feel my room get hot so window and bedroom door open and around 10-15mins later everything is cool again

i installed ek zmt 10-16mm tubes and apart from the odd coolant change have been running the tubes a good year with no problems, coolant levels have dropped a few mm in that time

Last edited:
when the MBA 7900xtx first released i bought one, around a week later ek announced the special edition block and like you i fell in love, but because of supply problems the block kept being pushed back coupled with the hotspot temp issues i was starting to get which turned out i had one of the incorrect vapor chamber coolers it soured the dream, i had a few more xtx's but as time went on the block was still unavalible, so i moved to team green.

by this point ek finally relseased the block, but i had another problem, all MBA's at that point had sold out so i was again deflated, that was until i stumbled on to the b-grade section on ocuk, they had a few MBA xtx's and i settled on a sapphire 7900xtx mba, my dream was a reality got the card and the block and have not looked back :)

Last edited:
when the MBA 7900xtx first released i bought one, around a week later ek announced the special edition block and like you i fell in love, but because of supply problems the block kept being pushed back coupled with the hotspot temp issues i was starting to get which turned out i had one of the incorrect vapor chamber coolers it soured the dream, i had a few more xtx's but as time went on the block was still unavalible, so i moved to team green.

by this point ek finally relseased the block, but i had another problem, all MBA's at that point had sold out so i was again deflated, that was until i stumbled on to the b-grade section on ocuk, they had a few MBA xtx's and i settled on a sapphire 7900xtx mba, my dream was a reality got the card and the block and have not looked back :)

Lucky how that worked out in the end, if I can source the block there's a bgrade sapphire card going I'd be tempted by.

I use the ek special mba block on my sapphire 7900xtx, cuts the card down to 1 slot and not much longer than the stock cooler so it can fit it pretty much every case, because of my loop 2*420mm corsair xr5 rads and a d5 with noctua 140mm industrial 2000rpm fans (1160rpm under load) my card under load never exceeds 42c, hot spot gets to around 58, ram is at a chilly 68 when in games

Cpu does run warm at around 77c load but its stock so auto volts are pushing temps a bit, i too have aircon but only use during really hot spells (last years stupid 40c), after a while i can feel my room get hot so window and bedroom door open and around 10-15mins later everything is cool again

i installed ek zmt 10-16mm tubes and apart from the odd coolant change have been running the tubes a good year with no problems, coolant levels have dropped a few mm in that time

What do your boost clocks go to - I'm well under the throttling limit on mine (42 deg max core and around 65-68 hot spot) but doesn't seem to boost as high as it did when I first got the card on released day - Ive not tested on 3d mark since the first few weeks and we've obviously had a ton of driver updates (presuming this might be drivers changed by AMD since release to combat the bad original temps)

What do your boost clocks go to - I'm well under the throttling limit on mine (42 deg max core and around 65-68 hot spot) but doesn't seem to boost as high as it did when I first got the card on released day - Ive not tested on 3d mark since the first few weeks and we've obviously had a ton of driver updates (presuming this might be drivers changed by AMD since release to combat the bad original temps)

Under water and in stock mode with no oc I see around 2500-2780mhz core in game and temps are around 38c, not on latest driver but 1 behind.

If I use my oc settings I see 2825mhz solid and temps increase to around 43c under load, I can test more when I get back from work later

had cyberpunk going for around a hour, had my oc setting applied on my MBA card

core

min frequency 2835mhz
max frequency 2970mhz

voltage set to 1099mv in adrenalin but gpu showed 0.993v

ram

max frequency 2606mhz (2593mhz in game)
fast timing enabled

power target +15%

driver version 23.7.1

game at 4k maxed with a bit of fsr enabled netted a solid 113-137fps depending if i was in the city centre or on the outskirts, average clock for the gpu was happily in the low to mid 2800mhz region throughout the game and max core temp on the gpu was 41c, hot spot got to 61c, with regard to how much power the card was pulling it was averaging 393w with a spike recorded at 481w, but again fans didnt go much past 1200rpm at the worst.

i would say have a look at your hotspot temps ideally you want no more tha 20c between that and the gpu temp under load, the hotspot can affect how far the core will go.

had cyberpunk going for around a hour, had my oc setting applied on my MBA card

core

min frequency 2835mhz
max frequency 2970mhz

voltage set to 1099mv in adrenalin but gpu showed 0.993v

ram

max frequency 2606mhz (2593mhz in game)
fast timing enabled

power target +15%

driver version 23.7.1

game at 4k maxed with a bit of fsr enabled netted a solid 113-137fps depending if i was in the city centre or on the outskirts, average clock for the gpu was happily in the low to mid 2800mhz region throughout the game and max core temp on the gpu was 41c, hot spot got to 61c, with regard to how much power the card was pulling it was averaging 393w with a spike recorded at 481w, but again fans didnt go much past 1200rpm at the worst.

i would say have a look at your hotspot temps ideally you want no more tha 20c between that and the gpu temp under load, the hotspot can affect how far the core will go.
Cheers for this, realised I made a schoolboy error! Back up to just over 3000mhz at +15 PL in Timespy... Oops for enabling AMD chill xD

Just over a week of using my 7900XT, no complaints at all and the boost in frames in the games I play has been brilliant. The most impressive thing to me is just how damn cool and quiet it is, even at full beans it's barely making a noise.

It's been nice to play games without having to use DLSS too. Part of the reason why I wanted to upgrade was that my 3070 was struggling with Ratchet and Clank at high/very high - and even with DLSS Quality it was seemingly just floating between 40fps and 60fps. I dropped settings down to low/medium but then I might as well have been playing the game on my PS5 at that point. I don't have an issue with upscaling, I think in some instances it works well, but if I can play at native then I'd always prefer to do that.

I play a pretty healthy amount of MW2/Warzone 2 - it's been really noticeable going from 80-120fps to 190-220 and it's such a nice experience with how smooth it plays. I don't ever usually have overlays up when I play games (I have the frame counter and latency icons on for MW2) but after seeing how smooth it was, I ran a frame overlay for an entire MW2 6v6 multiplayer game on the new 'Punta Mar' map and it did not drop below 180fps for the entire game. Dreamy stuff.

According to my case spec, my 7900XT will make it by 1mm.

:p

Yep, it was 1mm right enough. :D

IZIcrAg.jpeg

I have just built Corsair 4000x 7800x3d with 1000w psu and 32gb 6000 cl30 ram all that’s left is the gpu I have about £950/1000 to spend on xtx my theme is white but tbh to go white gpu your talking bit more than I have I just don’t know what brand to go for and also the coil whine is a lottery which i totally understand I have not brought gpu off oc before what’s there return policy like with screaming coil whine if it’s unbearable also I’d love suggestions on what brand I should go for and everyone’s experience I was looking at the white ASrock tiachi but it’s 1099 and only on pre order extra £150 for white sorry for the long post new here thanks everybody

For me Sapphire cards have been very good. The pulse gets good recommendations. I’ve not had a power colour hell hound which is a white one. You have 14 days to reject the card for any reason once bought. So if you do pull the trigger test it quick.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom