• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

60 for me on the sharpening, I have sharpening on my monitor too so was a bit more conservative in case they were doubling up.

Been playing around with AMD game profiles and quite happy with the results. I'd been avoiding setting a custom fan curve on the 7900XTX Pulse as in Adrenalin the minimum speed you can set at is 23%, which is like 900rpm and unnecessary for desktop. Ended up creating a bunch of profiles for games with same base tuning but a fan curve applied (whereas I'd left that turned off on the 'global' profile), and now avging temps between 50-65 all at an overall system volume that sounds the same or quieter than the PS5 I have it next to. That 50-65 is a big range but just down to the variety games I'm playing (Session for example stays at 45 degrees at 4K).

Really pleased given that it's just the GPU fans doing the cooling in my NR200, going to have a go at putting some slim fans in tomorrow but don't think there's enough clearance for them have much impact as intakes onto the GPU.

Last edited:
Yup I use game profiles too (not all games need the XTX power so I can run underclocked and at -10% PL etc), that way Wattman doesn't lose the 'main' setting.
The XTX (over the 7900XT) gives significant headroom at 4K for future proofing >60fps in future AAA titles

Wish I had that little extra at the time when buying my xt.

Yes and no, it's more about the improvement of the minimums for me (even if it is just 15-20% it really does help at 4k, which is still a really unforgiving resolution to play at!!!).
I was thinking the other day it would be nice to have another intermediate resolution. Halfway between 2560x1440 to 4K.
Something like double 1600x900, so 3200x1800. Would still give far better frame rates than 4K.

I was thinking the other day it would be nice to have another intermediate resolution. Halfway between 2560x1440 to 4K.
Something like double 1600x900, so 3200x1800. Would still give far better frame rates than 4K.
I've used AMD RSR before to upscale from about 1700p to 4K before and been quite impressed (combined with the excellent Sharpen filter). I tried 1440p initially but found the image to be a little too soft.

I've got my 7900XT on stock settings and it's performance is awesome, however I've been wondering whether I should be twiddling with some settings to save power or increase performance or such like?

Is there any "essential" tweak guides or is stock just fine?

I've got my 7900XT on stock settings and it's performance is awesome, however I've been wondering whether I should be twiddling with some settings to save power or increase performance or such like?

Is there any "essential" tweak guides or is stock just fine?
I’ve undervolted mine to 1025mv (seems stable in most games) raised the power limit to max and set vram at fast timings 2700mhz and set the core at minimum 500 and maximum 2950mhz. Fans at 75% after 70C. That’s the best of both worlds overclocked and undervolted. Junction temps max 85c.

Last edited:
Yes, use one or the other, Wattman is what I'm using.

Find out what settings your happy with and save them each to game profiles-as Wattman tends to automatically reset to factory settings from time to time, possibly caused after an error reading somewhere in the system.

Ok, does this mean I can't use Rivatuner either as it's integrated with Afterburner - and I assume Wattman doesn't provide an in game overlay?

Ok, does this mean I can't use Rivatuner either as it's integrated with Afterburner - and I assume Wattman doesn't provide an in game overlay?
No, you you can use AB/Rivatuner for statistics but I'd do a total uninstall, clean reinstall of AB making sure you remove any traces(profiles) of previous oc'ing to reduce any conflicts.

The above and my last post is going off of experience going 3080 to XTX Pulse, nothing would stick on either Wattman/AB until the clean AB install to use for AB only for OSD statistics-ymmv.

I'm so impressed with this Sapphire 7900XT Pulse - performance is awesome and the GPU temperature is peaking around 63C at 100% load and 60% fan speed, which is about the best I've seen from a GPU without ramping fans up. Memory
AMD does it all in one. Overclocking, fan profile and stats overlay.

Your an AMD boy now, no need for the extra tat ;-) :-p

Back
Top Bottom