• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

m4ZEHcC.jpg

Looking much better now chaps cheers.

Yes, with MX-4 this time rather than the paste that came with the waterblock.
Yeah was definately a bad mount the first time round. Here's the Alphacool block on a reference 7900XTX

I've got that block ready to go on my XT Pulse which I'll be fitting during the week when my replacement tubing arives. Was just going to use the Alphacool Subzero paste that included but maybe I should use the Kryonaut I have knocking around instead.

Last edited:
Yeah was definately a bad mount the first time round.

I also noticed a slight imperfection on the cold plate right where the GPU would sit. A tiny sharp raised bit which I did my best to smooth out.

So I still don't think I have the perfect mount but its well within a hotspot range I'm comfortable with at full power draw. And I've seen it boost to 2750+ consistently with 1070mv undervolt already so I'm good.

I also noticed a slight imperfection on the cold plate right where the GPU would sit. A tiny sharp raised bit which I did my best to smooth out.

So I still don't think I have the perfect mount but its well within a hotspot range I'm comfortable with at full power draw. And I've seen it boost to 2750+ consistently with 1070mv undervolt already so I'm good.

That's a shame, just checked my block over and thankfully the cold plate is smooth. I'd would have returned the block if it had imperfections.

7900XTX Pulse

500 - 2500 1140mv +10PL
GPU 68c
H/S 90c (89.5c)
GPU Core Volt 0.904v
Total Board Power 369.189W

COD-DMZ stable and I still get good frames.

Which would be better to lower mv or PL.

If your looking to reduce total board power then I would say the PL but best thing to do is just try both and see which works best for you :-)

Morning all

Looking to upgrade my 2080ti - Any good deals on these or are new cards coming out soon (sorry been out of the loop for some time :()

Thanks
There were some tasty £699 7900XT deals a couple of weeks back but looks like they've gone back up.

Cards are all out now according to AMD, you've got 7900XTX/7900XT/7800XT/7700XT(this one is bad value) and the 7600.

There were some tasty £699 7900XT deals a couple of weeks back but looks like they've gone back up.

Cards are all out now according to AMD, you've got 7900XTX/7900XT/7800XT/7700XT(this one is bad value) and the 7600.
Thanks for the reply, should I be focusing on the XTX with 24GB for future proofing do you think, had the 2080ti for around 3/4 years now

Thanks for the reply, should I be focusing on the XTX with 24GB for future proofing do you think, had the 2080ti for around 3/4 years now
Honestly I think either would last that kind of timeframe easily. The XTX is roughly 15/20% faster than the XT so it's totally upto you what to decide and if you think the XTX is worth the extra.

Anyone had any stability issues with the default undervolt button checked on the Sapphire Pulse 7900 XT (1075mv) ? Been getting a few black screen driver crashes and one with the screen going a bit checkerboard (didn't look like the classic GPU broken checkerboard). Seems to kick in when I am alt tabbing back in from a browser session.

I upgraded from a 6700 XT and was getting some mouse freezes at first, but a fresh windows installation seems to have fixed that but replaced it with the odd black screen crash. Only been playing wow classic so I am not exactly taxing it.

I repasted with PTM7950 and my temps have only gotten *better* over time. 18C delta at worst. Max hotspot temp at 460w and 60% fan-speed now is around 78-84c depending on the game now. It's performing even better than the Thermalright TFX I replaced.
Quality stuff.
Ordered ptm7950 and thermal pads but also contacted the shop I got it about the issue.

If the shop and gigabyte say hotspot reaching 110c is within the limit, I will try repaste it myself.

Anyone had any stability issues with the default undervolt button checked on the Sapphire Pulse 7900 XT (1075mv) ? Been getting a few black screen driver crashes and one with the screen going a bit checkerboard (didn't look like the classic GPU broken checkerboard). Seems to kick in when I am alt tabbing back in from a browser session.

I upgraded from a 6700 XT and was getting some mouse freezes at first, but a fresh windows installation seems to have fixed that but replaced it with the odd black screen crash. Only been playing wow classic so I am not exactly taxing it.
Blimey that seems very aggressive to me. I’d change that to a bit higher and see how you get on. Increments of 5 until it’s stable.

Back
Top Bottom