• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

My XTX has arrived today. Wonder if someone can advise on a couple of things;

It has a backplate, but it looks to be sagging - are the items in the box a support, or are they for vertical installs? The manual just says "holder installation guide". Looks easy to fit together, I assume the base is magnetic, and the support just goes under the far end where the plastic is and away from fans and metal? It includes two supports but only one pole, not sure how the second would fit?

Secondly are the fans meant to spin all the time? They spin a bit on start and when I shutdown so obviously they do work. All I've done so far is install the O/S so it may be they only spin as needed or I need to add drivers but seemed odd to me.

It's an XTX Hellhound if the model helps.

Secondly are the fans meant to spin all the time? They spin a bit on start and when I shutdown so obviously they do work. All I've done so far is install the O/S so it may be they only spin as needed or I need to add drivers but seemed odd to me.

They turn on @ 60 and shut down @ 50, according to Powercolor.

I've been having a bit of trouble with No Man's Sky ever since I got my XTX. Just crashes out over and over, to the point I'd given up trying to play it.
Fired it up today for the first time in ages, and ran AMD Link on my phone to see if anything was going on.

108 degrees hotspot temp. That's not great, is it?

(Everything at stock, Ultra presets in game, 3440x1440)

Heard nothing but hotspot issues with Powercolor this gen, seem to have really dropped the ball with the RDNA3 cards imo. Seems Sapphire stand alone atm top of the tree for AMD!!

Im a bit confused about setting the mV. So in adrenalin I have it set to 1120mV, but in GPU-Z its between 0.837 - 0.843. (why is it so different).

I have it set 500-2500 1130mv +15PL (at 1120mv is crashes)

I know each game is different, but I se people saying they get as low as 1100mv or lower.

Im a bit confused about setting the mV. So in adrenalin I have it set to 1120mV, but in GPU-Z its between 0.837 - 0.843. (why is it so different).

I have it set 500-2500 1130mv +15PL (at 1120mv is crashes)

I know each game is different, but I se people saying they get as low as 1100mv or lower.
Just checked this with my 7900XT. I have 1050mV set in Adrenalin. Running Heaven benchmark and Timespy GPU-Z reported max GPU voltage at as 0.954v so I check in Adrenalin what it was reading whilst the benchmarks were running and it was reporting 934mV so I guess the voltage you set in Adrenalin is the max the card will use should the situation call for it. This was with the power limit left at 0%. Increasing it to +15% didn't seem to make a difference to the voltage but the total board power increased.

Hi all. I’m considering switching from my 3070FE to a 7900xt but I’m a little unsure on which. I can get the hellhound version for about £710 or the Tuf for about £100 more.

Having read thru this thread i have seen some comments about the hellhound perhaps not being the best option.

To give a little context i have a mesh fractal north case (the mesh side faces a wall) so the looks aren’t really a concern. Reliability, quality and sound mean more to me. I was a little concerned my rm650x PSU would be a problem but my research indicates that should be fine.

I’m really struggling to justify the additional expense of the tuf - £100 more for a chunkier cooler just seems insane - but I wanted consult the ocuk hive mind first. Anyone who can share their experience with the hellhound? Given the above would you spend the extra and, if so, why?

£100 more for a chunkier cooler just seems insane
It is insane. Go for the Pulse imo, it's smaller but more efficient than the TUF and cheaper. It has hit £699 a few weeks ago so it should drop again soon but not sure it'll be going that low again.

Last edited:
Hi all. I’m considering switching from my 3070FE to a 7900xt but I’m a little unsure on which. I can get the hellhound version for about £710 or the Tuf for about £100 more.

Having read thru this thread i have seen some comments about the hellhound perhaps not being the best option.

To give a little context i have a mesh fractal north case (the mesh side faces a wall) so the looks aren’t really a concern. Reliability, quality and sound mean more to me. I was a little concerned my rm650x PSU would be a problem but my research indicates that should be fine.

I’m really struggling to justify the additional expense of the tuf - £100 more for a chunkier cooler just seems insane - but I wanted consult the ocuk hive mind first. Anyone who can share their experience with the hellhound? Given the above would you spend the extra and, if so, why?

Never buy the worst, never buy the best.

The only cards I would try and avoid completely are MSIs Ventus cards. They are horrid. Thankfully the quality of even the cheapest 7900 cards seem to be of decent quality with no major corners cut.

Sapphire make fantastic cards tbh. They are kinda like the EVGA of AMD.

It is insane. Go for the Pulse imo, it's smaller but more efficient than the TUF and cheaper. It has hit £699 a few weeks ago so it should drop again soon but not sure it'll be going that low again.

That one isn’t an option sadly (apart from being pre-order only atm), i would explain why but I don’t want to fall foul of the forum rules re competitors.

Back
Top Bottom