• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Officially an owner as of today - card installed in a Silverstone Grandia 11 stuck under the TV (as most of my gaming takes place on the sofa with an Xbox controller these days).

Initial impressions are good! Not sure if it's the card that's mildly noisy or the fan curves I have set for the other fans within the case - card fan RPM maxed out at 1,600rpm so can't imagine it's the card making the noise.

4k 120fps/hz 65inch OLED goodness is a great experience :)

Last edited:
With 4070TI Super with 16gb just around the corner and price wise it will be just below 1k it seems - which onw is the better buy between 4070tiS and 7900xtx?

I need to replace my 3070 asap. Hesitant to give Nvidia my money again(has been Nvidia used since day one), as they performance/price is crap and I felt duped byb them with 3070 tbh. Also, AMD should have fixed drivers for 7900xtx by now?! Also, can I undervolt 7900xtx to get sensible power usage in gaming and idle?
Would be nvidia features with bigger vram tip it for 4070tiS vs 7900XTX?

I'm not holding my breath with 5000 series, as I feel prices will be higher than 4000 series with some performance gains, but not massive.

What's your thoughts?

Last edited:
With 4070TI Super with 16gb just around the corner and price wise it will be just below 1k it seems - which onw is the better buy between 4070tiS and 7900xtx?
There should be some price fluctuation so see where the XTX lands imo, if you're not too bothered about upscaling or RT then the XTX is a no brainer at similar pricing BUT the 4070TiS won't be far off a vanilla 4080 either...

PS ******* LOVE the FD2, such a cool car :cool:

Last edited:
The Ti Super is what the regular unlaunched should have been at from day one. nvidia read the room as usual after launch, but it could be a decent card if its priced accordingly. The regular 4070 and Ti just aren't good enough over last gen to warrant a purchase.

As mentioned by Jedi the best thing for consumers would be AMD shaving more off their lineup and then its your choice for what suits you best. Its pretty much a given now if your wanting RT and upscaling then green is the choice, else get an AMD.

Looking forward to getting the XTX under water now. This block is an absolute brick mind you!

e6VWXE0.jpg

Have any of you upgraded from a 3090 and if you did for raster was it worth it? I’m weighing up sticking it out till next gen AMD/NV or going for a XTX.
Pondering doing the same thing myself. I guess it makes sense to see what the Super prices are and whether that does anything to the XTX. Not one for being patient though, especially with having a mate that wants my 3090 so the re-sale of that would be very easy and offset the shiny new-new

Pondering doing the same thing myself. I guess it makes sense to see what the Super prices are and whether that does anything to the XTX. Not one for being patient though, especially with having a mate that wants my 3090 so the re-sale of that would be very easy and offset the shiny new-new
According to tech powerup it’s about 33% quicker. Ray tracing about the same.

Back
Top Bottom