• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Let me try absolutely everything else first, a windows reinstall is a ballache for another day (i have the sinking feeling you’re correct though) :cry:

Some quick trouble shooters to try

If the AMD Adrenaline OSD appears on screen when you launch WOT-Disable the AMD OSD.

Disable any other OSD's OC tools such as MSI AB.

I set a 165hz limit in adrenaline to match my monitor and, after a quick google search, set windows to 60hz.

If you set your monitor to 60hz(for WOT reasons), open AMD Adrenaline, set an fps limit to 59fps.(remember to disable the fps limit after testing) or save it to WOT game profile

Block Windows updates in the background with WUB before you launch the game:

Windows Update Blocker v1.8

Clean out AMD gpu drivers with AMD Cleanup Utility -Uninstall/re-install driver (or use an older driver???):

AMD Cleanup Utility

Personally don't use DDU unless it's a last ditch effort.

No the game is still running so i can just go back in. By game overlays do you mean adrenaline specifically or something else?
So forget PSU problems this is another app saying give me control. Unfortunately it could be an overlay for example Xbox game or steam or discord that is requesting control. Might be worth running wot in full screen mode.

Last edited:
I found a solution yesterday to the 90 degree hotspot temps, and it didn't cost me anything.

Except a worn out drill bit.

My dad drilled some holes in my side panel, adjacent to the GPU. I increased the GPU fan speeds a little also.

Now, getting 80 degrees (hotspot temps) under load in the Witcher 3, 81 under load in Cyberpunk.

It's not what I'd call aesthetically pleasing, but it worked :)

I guess I could add a couple more case fans to the front panel at some point, depending on if the case even has room.

Last edited:
Corsair RM650x PSU

your psu is 100w under the recommended requirement for the 7900xt(x) maybe its starting to struggle and giving you the crashes, though if gpu fans suddenly ramp up that could be either a heat problem or when the crash happens the driver looses control of the card which makes the fans ramp up.

just for refrence a 3070 has a tdp rating of 250w and can run on a 650w minimum psu, a 7900xt has a tdp rating of 315w and amd states your psu should have a 12v rail rating of 62a or greater and be 750w minimum.

Last edited:
I've got a Seasonic Prime 650w PSU (10 year warranty), had for quite a while.

Works fine with my Sapphire RX 7900 XT, even overclocked, running upto 350w.

It's worth trying to reduce the max power sage though to see if that helps, though.

Last edited:
your psu is 100w under the recommended requirement for the 7900xt(x) maybe its starting to struggle and giving you the crashes, though if gpu fans suddenly ramp up that could be either a heat problem or when the crash happens the driver looses control of the card which makes the fans ramp up.

just for refrence a 3070 has a tdp rating of 250w and can run on a 650w minimum psu, a 7900xt has a tdp rating of 315w and amd states your psu should have a 12v rail rating of 62a or greater and be 750w minimum.
Yeah i knew the rating but the entire system, sans GPU, pulls very little - maybe 100w to 150w or so. I can’t see it being the PSU but I haven’t ruled it out completely.

Last edited:
Yeah, if it was £700 a few weeks or months ago, it will be again.

The only doubt I have, is that stock levels don't seem to be that fantastic for this GPU, in some cases the stock levels of the XTX are higher.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom