• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

My mba runs around 398w but i've had it as high as 420w when overclocked, what really caught my attention was the power spikes via hwinfo, i have seen as high as 561w, but thats spike power not all the time when under load (benchmarks and some games)

My mba runs around 398w but i've had it as high as 420w when overclocked, what really caught my attention was the power spikes via hwinfo, i have seen as high as 561w, but thats spike power not all the time when under load (benchmarks and some games)

Those types of power spikes were problematic for me and my Seasonic Ultra 750w supply, when I had a 3080Ti. However, Seasonic, ten years warranty, recognised the issue with GPU's causing such spikes and replaced it with a brand new model that allows for such things to occur.

Last edited:
So I got a good few hours in last night and it didn’t drop to desktop once after switching off the adrenaline overlay. At the risk of jinxing it, that has hopefully resolved the issue. Thanks for your help all :D

Edit: oh the fans spinning up thing didn’t happen either and the GPU temp never rose above 67 degrees. Hotspot 82 iirc.

Last edited:
apparently 557W is my peak on sapphire nitro+ with standard bios & fluid motion turned on :D
I3RXG7G.png

1025, but even then I had the odd GPU driver crash that I didn't have at 1050. Could've probably worked it out but I do a mixture of reduced clock and -5 power with 1050 instead. Sapphire pulse.

hi just asking around as I've tried many thing and have contacted XFX themselves but no reply so far. i have a merc 7900xt and am experiencing graphical glitching and flashing in RDR2, crashes and driver timeouts in Witcher 3 and JWE 2. JWE 1 runs okay though, dirt 2 i think i saw some glitching once but ran fine otherwise, stalker runs fine.

If i reduce the clock to 1500mhz the games all run fine, but obviously i don't want to be doing that because performance suffers, but perhaps this fix indicates a particular issue?

I've tried all DDU stuff, bought a new psu 1200w gold (which seemed to fix the issue 99% except a few rare flashes for a day until reboot where it got worse again) disabled smart access memory (which fixed the issue for 10 minutes then it got worse) disable xmp, all bios, chipsets etc are up to date.

Thanks for any help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY7cIyrgl50&lc=UgzcUd50kl-nGZ72k5p4AaABAg here's a video of the issue though it is worse than that usually

Last edited:
Curious if these bad boys drop down soon with the super refresh.

Worth upgrading my 6950xt for one or wait?
Samething i'm waiting for, I have everything ready to go for my new build except the GPU, now debating a 4080 Super, unless we see a price cut on all 7900XTX, I'm wanting the AsRock Taichi and that was always the plan for the build/budget, but 4080 Supers are now falling into the same price bracket.

hi just asking around as I've tried many thing and have contacted XFX themselves but no reply so far. i have a merc 7900xt and am experiencing graphical glitching and flashing in RDR2, crashes and driver timeouts in Witcher 3 and JWE 2. JWE 1 runs okay though, dirt 2 i think i saw some glitching once but ran fine otherwise, stalker runs fine.

If i reduce the clock to 1500mhz the games all run fine, but obviously i don't want to be doing that because performance suffers, but perhaps this fix indicates a particular issue?

I've tried all DDU stuff, bought a new psu 1200w gold (which seemed to fix the issue 99% except a few rare flashes for a day until reboot where it got worse again) disabled smart access memory (which fixed the issue for 10 minutes then it got worse) disable xmp, all bios, chipsets etc are up to date.

Thanks for any help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY7cIyrgl50&lc=UgzcUd50kl-nGZ72k5p4AaABAg here's a video of the issue though it is worse than that usually
Looks like VRAM corruption to me. I would try a few more games. You need to send the card back for RMA as that’s not right.

Hi, I'm thinking of getting a 7900xtx Sapphire Nitro+.
I want to game at 4k, 60fps (that's my fixed refresh rate on my TV/Monitor).

I'm really not into RT, just something that can handle high settings in 4k.
What's it like?

I'll be upgrading from a gtx1080.

Hi, I'm thinking of getting a 7900xtx Sapphire Nitro+.
I want to game at 4k, 60fps (that's my fixed refresh rate on my TV/Monitor).

I'm really not into RT, just something that can handle high settings in 4k.
What's it like?

I'll be upgrading from a gtx1080.

I went from a GTX1080 to a 7900XTX and it's pretty amazing. I have a 1440p144 monitor but I also use a 4k60 TV, and I can play flightsim on ultra settings at 4k and it looks incredible. No regrets at all.

Back
Top Bottom