• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

@rare - what's the coil whine like on that 7900 XT? Any idle desktop whine, etc?

Mines absolutely fine, a slight hint of it at very high refresh rates but to be honest I’ve been playing with Radeon Chill, setting a minimum of 60 maximum of 90, that way I get slightly reduced power usage and temps, and a constant smooth feel. Also helps with any coil whine. But at idle, nothing at all. Very quiet.

Ordered and hopefully picking up the Sapphire xt later today!

Putting it into an egpu so will see how it gets along with it. Hoping to get decent results at 1440p which should be possible even with the egpu bandwidth limitations.

Very high probabilty that it will not work well though so we will see what happens!

@3440x1440 I got a Time Spy score of 24902. I am using the free version so not sure I can link results. Is it worth £30 to get the 3dmark software?

Was capped at 200 fps at this res in Doom and gpu was downclocking to 1600mhz so was nowhere near maxed out. I do not have many grapicly intensive games but will most likely pick some up in the winter steam sales.

Card has no coil whine and seems cool and quiet. Will sit in this spare PC until I get a waterblock for the WC system and then I will properly test it.

Last edited:
Bit off topic but if you want a graphical intensive game horizon zero dawn on max settings is a sight to behold. The benchmark is nothing like the game as most of the time you are in forests or snowy wastes.

Welcome and on TOL.:)

The Owners List.

ApdsOSW.jpg
Date 15/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, bimbleuk, Link
Date 14/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, Kangaxx, Link
Date 14/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, gupsterg, Link
Date 14/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, Noluck, Link
Date 14/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, JDHansen, Link
Date 14/12/2022, Make MBA XT, Chewie, Link
Date 14/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, Haz123, Link
Date 14/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, ElderKarr, Link
Date 14/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, jinxpad, Link
Date 14/12/2022, Make MBA XTX, LtMatt, Link
To get on The Owners List all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your Radeon RX 7900 XT(X).

Bit off topic but if you want a graphical intensive game horizon zero dawn on max settings is a sight to behold. The benchmark is nothing like the game as most of the time you are in forests or snowy wastes.

Tx buddy. I have been thinking about buying that game for a while. It is the sort of game my daughter would play as well so could get double play through.

@LtMatt I think i'd need to invest a lot of time to get close so happy with that I got :) I kinda only ran it cos wanted to know if my Merc 310 was as good as my old 6900 xt black limited and i'm happy to find out XFX quality has carried over to this generation and I have a good chip.

@LtMatt I think i'd need to invest a lot of time to get close so happy with that I got :) I kinda only ran it cos wanted to know if my Merc 310 was as good as my old 6900 xt black limited and i'm happy to find out XFX quality has carried over to this generation and I have a good chip.
Merc is class excellent temps tbh.

@3440x1440 I got a Time Spy score of 24902. I am using the free version so not sure I can link results. Is it worth £30 to get the 3dmark software?

Was capped at 200 fps at this res in Doom and gpu was downclocking to 1600mhz so was nowhere near maxed out. I do not have many grapicly intensive games but will most likely pick some up in the winter steam sales.

Card has no coil whine and seems cool and quiet. Will sit in this spare PC until I get a waterblock for the WC system and then I will properly test it.

You can get 3d mark for about £4 just google for the CD key, its on many popular cd key seller websites. enter the cd key into steam cd key redeem

the sellout of xtx took me by surprise… really wanting to take the plunge (rocking a 3070 in one PC and a 5700XT in other with 5800x and 12400f respectively) Been eyeing the 6950xt now the prices have dropped quite a bit but for not a whole lot more there is the 7900XT.

The card being smaller seems amazing (I have 400d airflow and a meshify c). I only play 1440p maybe 4k in the future so I’m sure 6950 or 7900xt is probably overkill anyway… but just another £100 and that xtx is there… dilemmas! I hear nothing but bad press about XT ‘value’ when compared to XTX.

the sellout of xtx took me by surprise… really wanting to take the plunge (rocking a 3070 in one PC and a 5700XT in other with 5800x and 12400f respectively) Been eyeing the 6950xt now the prices have dropped quite a bit but for not a whole lot more there is the 7900XT.

The card being smaller seems amazing (I have 400d airflow and a meshify c). I only play 1440p maybe 4k in the future so I’m sure 6950 or 7900xt is probably overkill anyway… but just another £100 and that xtx is there… dilemmas! I hear nothing but bad press about XT ‘value’ when compared to XTX.
Also have the meshify C (v1), only cards that can fit that I can see (without removing a front fan) are the pulse or MBA boards. Pulse comes with a bracket but don't think that will fit. I think the reference 4080 or 4090 can fit but the connector is very snug. Can fit bigger cards in if I remove the front fan but want to avoid that if possible.

I'm getting either the sapphire MBA or the pulse depending on the stock situation with the MBA either way so will wait and see.

Also have the meshify C (v1), only cards that can fit that I can see (without removing a front fan) are the pulse or MBA boards. Pulse comes with a bracket but don't think that will fit. I think the reference 4080 or 4090 can fit but the connector is very snug. Can fit bigger cards in if I remove the front fan but want to avoid that if possible.

I'm getting either the sapphire MBA or the pulse depending on the stock situation with the MBA either way so will wait and see.
Xtx or xt?

So I downloaded the new drivers because apparently fixes the issue of idle power draw.

I don't know if it's my card or if I'm doing something wrong I was wondering if you guys have any ideas, but after doing a fresh install of the drivers including a factory reset and running everything on default my xtx still idle temps anywhere between 90 and 111 watts with 0-5%GPU utilisation.

I was wondering if anybody else was still having this issue after the driver update or if anyone had any ideas how to remedy the situation?

TYjiMte.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom