• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Thanks mate, HZD is a game that does perform worse on Linux no matter GPU but I roughly remember what I got under windows (why can't windows be a 2min install like Linux :( )
Until it's downloaded, I found this video of the 7700X and the 7900 XTX, but the user is running 4K but it seems to run okay. Timestamp 20:01.

Last edited:
Until it's downloaded, I found this video of the 7700X and the 7900 XTX, but the user is running 4K but it seems to run okay. Timestamp 20:01.
Interesting that even his 7700X gets hammered in it, I know on my 7600X it's like 80% usage so I can maybe blame just it being a massive bottleneck in that game, but like KCD for example CPU usage is normal, game starts out decent but then drops to around 100fps and stays there, I don't have that issue with card on intel nor my 6900xt on the zen4 system

Oh wait, you're on Linux aren't you. Fair, thought you were on Windows. Can't really speak to Linux at all, but maybe @pete910 can offer an olive branch.
When I pair xtx with it I get less FPS then 6900XT in HZD, Kingdom come etc, when compared to the same card running on intel it's actually kinda insane the difference, phoronix had same issue and advised lowering soc voltage which did help a little but it's not where it should be currently on my system
Have a link to that will ?

Interesting that even his 7700X gets hammered in it, I know on my 7600X it's like 80% usage so I can maybe blame just it being a massive bottleneck in that game, but like KCD for example CPU usage is normal, game starts out decent but then drops to around 100fps and stays there, I don't have that issue with card on intel nor my 6900xt on the zen4 system
6 core 7600X vs what Intel CPU? Does the game love cores? Interesting, be curious to see how it performs on the 7950X.

I’ll put a benchmark video up quickly using the built in benchmark once it’s downloaded, but won’t have time to properly rest it until later. :)

All Intel’s cores are physical ones as compared to AMD’s, so it’s Intel’s 14 physical cores vs AMD’s 6 physical cores. A clear advantage on Intel’s side.
Yes I know they have more cores, but ultimately overall the 7600x is faster in games despite having less cores.

See 13 minutes onwards.

Games also largely see it as 12 cores Vs 14 due to SMT.

For those who are having the 110º junction temperature, anyone try to RMA or refund it?

Currently my case is in diagonal and no more 110º, but ffs its a 1100€ graphic.

Its a beast (came from a 1080ti) for 4k 3k, and i really dont want to send it back because no more MBA stock.

:cry:

Last edited:
For those who are having the 110º junction temperature, anyone try to RMA or refund it?

Currently my case is in diagonal and no more 110º, but ffs its a 1100€ graphic.

Its a beast (came from a 1080ti) for 4k 3k, and i really dont want to send it back because no more MBA stock.

:cry:
I would not be comfortable with 110c junction temps, especially knowing most other MBAs are running no hotter than 80c (mine included). There's definitely something wrong with a delta that big, and since the cards are all running on the same drivers, a hardware issue seems likely.

This is a £1000+ card. I'd RMA it regardless of how long it takes.

I would not be comfortable with 110c junction temps, especially knowing most other MBAs are running no hotter than 80c (mine included). There's definitely something wrong with a delta that big, and since the cards are all running on the same drivers, a hardware issue seems likely.

scroll back a bit in the thread and you'll see my poor mba card, took it apart and one of the mcd's had next to no paste on it, explains my sudden 110c junction temps :(, got a ek block on order but around a month to wait

Case in diagonal, no hotter then 80c (like it should be). But yeah i think i'm gonna try to RMA and see what they say.

Back
Top Bottom