• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

scroll back a bit in the thread and you'll see my poor mba card, took it apart and one of the mcd's had next to no paste on it, explains my sudden 110c junction temps :(, got a ek block on order but around a month to wait
How does that even happen… £1000 card… this is what is making me want to pull the trigger on the 4080… premium but none of the same “teething’ issues.

It’s a helluva card… and I’m seriously considering buying a 6950xt or the regular 7900xt (which everyone goes on about saying it’s terrible value)

How does that even happen… £1000 card… this is what is making me want to pull the trigger on the 4080… premium but none of the same “teething’ issues.

It’s a helluva card… and I’m seriously considering buying a 6950xt or the regular 7900xt (which everyone goes on about saying it’s terrible value)

before my issue the xtx was a 4k monster it oblitorated my old card fps averages were so much higher, i'm a bit miffed my card was getting so hot but my plan from day 1 was to watercool it, after i get it under water temps will be epic and performance will be excellent.

before my issue the xtx was a 4k monster it oblitorated my old card fps averages were so much higher, i'm a bit miffed my card was getting so hot but my plan from day 1 was to watercool it, after i get it under water temps will be epic and performance will be excellent.
The fact you HAVE to is ridiculous

Same could be said about the 4090 melting cables, Both Nvidia and AMD have release day issues. Nothing new at this stage.

There is no recall. Gamernexus confirmed it as user error. Therefore spurious claims that the 4090 melts cables is categorially wrong.

Last edited:
It’s definitely a failed design anyway, these cables need to be idiot proof, the old 8 pin cables were pretty bullet proof and had a good click to them.

Nvidia isn’t immune to launch failures but Nvidia and amd should be better honestly. Not gonna get started on Intels drivers for there gpus

It’s not just cables, CPU socket (one slip and the £300+ MB is dead), DDR 5 RAM slots feel like they will snap off when inserting RAM. They spend big designing chips then spend 10p designing super fragile sockets and ports. It like they want dead hardware to increase sales.

Some data from a user with high junction temperature, he saw a huge reduction in temp with the GPU and case on it’s side.

Some data from a user with high junction temperature, he saw a huge reduction in temp with the GPU and case on it’s side.

i had my card vertically mounted and to begin with saw awsome temps, but as time has gone on its got worse, i took your advice and repasted my card but running my old 6900xtu atm, may change it over for the xtx, we'll see

Last edited:
i had my card vertically mounted and to begin with saw awsome temps, but as time has gone on its got worse, i too your advice and repasted my card but running my old 6900xtu atm, may change it over for the xtx, we'll see
Please Do, curious to see the results of the results regardless repaste.

Is anyone getting problems with their 7900xtx and COD Warzone/DMZ 2.0?

Warzone 2.0 and DMZ crash all the time with a blackscreen driver timeout but every other game i've tried seems fine.

Peformance is very good and i really want to keep it. Haven't got the junction temps problem either.

No worries mate, be good to see cause I believe I only got something like 90fps in it on windows

What settings are you using ? Just got it and downloading it now, I can test on proton but am using a 6800xt

Edit, here's mine at 1440p. Ultra

HZD-UQ-1440p.png

Last edited:
What settings are you using ? Just got it and downloading it now, I can test on proton but am using a 6800xt

Edit, here's mine at 1440p. Ultra

HZD-UQ-1440p.png
Maxed out with motion blur disabled at 3440x1440, strangely enough I have absolutely no problems with a RDNA2 card, its just the XTX when paired with same zen4 setup that I start having issues

Back
Top Bottom