• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Ive been playing with my XT the last few days and just seeing if this is normal.

I've got the MBA card and I've upped the power limit to +15 and dropped the core voltage to 1050mv down from the stock 1100mv.

The card is stable and no issues but I've noticed it's boosting the core to around 2800mhz. Is this decent? It tends to wobble around 100mhz both way during benching. Is that normal behaviour? Junction temps sitting at around low 80c after about 10 minutes of benching.

Are the clocks dropping due to the temp? Not bothered about overclocking it, just want to get the best temps without losing any performance.

Last edited:
I unpacked the card and it was literally sat in the bag... didn't even look like it was soldered on? Got the card replaced no issue with another brand.
Blimey. I have not used mine as I'm using the stock RGB effect but luckily mine seems fine although I've not tried putting the supplied cable on it.

Ive been playing with my XT the last few days and just seeing if this is normal.

I've got the MBA card and I've upped the power limit to +15 and dropped the core voltage to 1050mv down from the stock 1100mv.

The card is stable and no issues but I've noticed it's boosting the core to around 2800mhz. Is this decent? It tends to wobble around 100mhz both way during benching. Is that normal behaviour? Junction temps sitting at around low 80c after about 10 minutes of benching.

Are the clocks dropping due to the temp? Not bothered about overclocking it, just want to get the best temps without losing any performance.
Sounds fine. Clocks would drop due to hitting the max power limit. Clocks won't drop because of temps until you hit either 95c edge temp, 110c junction temp or 110c memory junction temp.

@wookiee87 and @robster - what is the coil whine like on your Red Devil? I had mine delivered to a friend to check out against his 4090 so he can see if wants to switch (cod player) and he said there was a fair bit of coil whine. Has yours subsided over time or is it just pot luck?

Can't say I've noticed any, but typically play with headphones on and the computer is under the desk - I'll monitor over the weekend to see if there's any.

As far as I can tell it's dead silent otherwise.

Seeing 2800 on an XT is very good, my average clocks in benches are around 2500

Hi guys,
new user here. I have been eyeing this forum since XT/XTX release, decided to make an account at last.
I have XT MBA and a little bit worried about VRAM temps, they go up to 98C when gaming(usually ~94C).
Is it ok temp and i should leave it this way or try repasting+replacing thermal pads?
For fun made little excel table for undervolting/VRAM overclocking results, not raising power limit as i have 650W PSU.

Hi guys,
new user here. I have been eyeing this forum since XT/XTX release, decided to make an account at last.
I have XT MBA and a little bit worried about VRAM temps, they go up to 98C when gaming(usually ~94C).
Is it ok temp and i should leave it this way or try repasting+replacing thermal pads?
For fun made little excel table for undervolting/VRAM overclocking results, not raising power limit as i have 650W PSU.
It's fine, the memory does run warm. It's hynix modules and the temperature reading is actually the junction temperature inside the module, so you can expect it to be higher.

Alrighty, thanks. I'll wait til summer then. Maybe it goes 100+C with warmer climate, then there should be official info for the thermal pad sizes aswell. Right now can't find right thicknesses.

Last edited:
So despite the annoyance of this mornings rgb header, you can 100% control the lighting via the software so it’s all OK. Might just keep it anyway even if OCUK come back to me.

Anyhow, this card is STUNNING. It looks gorgeous in my white fractal north. I will post pics in a bit.

Back
Top Bottom