• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Please, love those new Fractal North cases!!! :cool:

As required!

64GB DDR4 3600 team group
Strix Z690 D4
Nitro 7900XT

I am in love tbh!

As required!

Strix Z690 D4
Nitro 7900XT

I am in love tbh!

That's a lovely build, I love the wood at the front.

Last edited:
It doesn’t mean too much to be honest GM, having a higher stock core clock seems to be a better indicator of silicon quality to me. HWINFO64 is the only app that can read it so far. After testing my 42% Nitro is slightly better than my 46% Nitro.
There's been much debate on ASIC quality rating and it's utility going back years. The general concensus is, while a higher number can indicate better silicon, there are many variables that go into having a decent OC and/or undervolting capability: VRMs, cooling, VRAM timings and stability, PCB quality... This point is shown with what you're seeing with your Nitro with a lower ASIC clocks lower than your Nitro with a higher ASIC rating. Similarly, I've had cards/chips with low-range ASIC rating that perform better than the same card/chip with a very high rating.

My Red Devil, incidentally, is right in the middle of your Nitros at 44.5%. From my limited testing on it so far, I'd say it overclocks and undervolts very well, but does not undervolt as well/stably as my returned MBA... which was rated at 43%.

Am I right in thinking the hotspot issue is just with the XTX, not the XT's? I find it hard to work out what are reference cars and which custom coolers, im assuming this one is refernce/ mba?

and this one

is Sapphire custom cooler, hence why one is £100 more, is that generally the case the cheapest versions are AMD reference and the ones £50 to £100 more are largely because of custom coolers?

cheers
You are correct. There are no cooling problems with the 7900XT MBA card's. The AIB cards are more expensive.

Hi all,

In the view to watercooling, is the 7900XTX Sapphire Pulse the same PCB layout and the Nitro+ - Seems to be some suggestions online stating that, at least in regards to WB fitment - But would like to be 100% sure.

Hi all,

In the view to watercooling, is the 7900XTX Sapphire Pulse the same PCB layout and the Nitro+ - Seems to be some suggestions online stating that, at least in regards to WB fitment - But would like to be 100% sure.
Best to check with the water block manufacturer I would think.

Best to check with the water block manufacturer I would think.

Sadly, in my experience, they tend to do a blanket "Nope it wont fit" even if it is indeed the same exact board - I suppose we shall see once they start getting popular, no massive rush for me!

Update on my coil whine (Sapphire XTX Nitro). I managed to source another PCIE cable to make it 3 individual cables from the PSU.
The coil whine is unfortunately still there, but significantly less than before this time. Not sure I should get it swapped or refunded.

Is coil whine pretty much a certainty with these high end cards? Anyone got the same card with no noise?

Update on my coil whine (Sapphire XTX Nitro). I managed to source another PCIE cable to make it 3 individual cables from the PSU.
The coil whine is unfortunately still there, but significantly less than before this time. Not sure I should get it swapped or refunded.

Is coil whine pretty much a certainty with these high end cards? Anyone got the same card with no noise?

Am I correct in saying this is the spare pcie cable you got?

It’s a certainty with every high end card that chucks out lots of FPS. The sooner people accept it the better. The exception is of the card has unbearable coil whine, then it goes back.

It’s a certainty with every high end card that chucks out lots of FPS. The sooner people accept it the better. The exception is of the card has unbearable coil whine, then it goes back.

Its not unbearable, just annoying in some cases, I tuned the card by undervolting, reducing power alotment and bringing the clocks down to 2500 Mhz (stock level) as I prefer low temps and noise due to the case size (its SFF NR200P). The weird thing is, its more audible at less demanding games (WoW) and can barely hear it in more demanding games (Cyberpunk).
Performance wise, its a fantastic card and obscenely more powerful than my last one.. no complaints at all in this regard!

I wonder if I used a glass panel case, it would hide the noise better.

Last edited:
As required!

Strix Z690 D4
Nitro 7900XT

I am in love tbh!

Nom nom nom nom!! :cool:

As required!

Strix Z690 D4
Nitro 7900XT

I am in love tbh!

Tidy AF very nice. :)

There's been much debate on ASIC quality rating and it's utility going back years. The general concensus is, while a higher number can indicate better silicon, there are many variables that go into having a decent OC and/or undervolting capability: VRMs, cooling, VRAM timings and stability, PCB quality... This point is shown with what you're seeing with your Nitro with a lower ASIC clocks lower than your Nitro with a higher ASIC rating. Similarly, I've had cards/chips with low-range ASIC rating that perform better than the same card/chip with a very high rating.

My Red Devil, incidentally, is right in the middle of your Nitros at 44.5%. From my limited testing on it so far, I'd say it overclocks and undervolts very well, but does not undervolt as well/stably as my returned MBA... which was rated at 43%.
Most softwares probably have delete it because it doesn't mean anything it's BS.

Last edited:
Hi all,

It is.

I showed W1zzard on TPU the PCB from a far eastern review and he compared to Nitro he had and agreed same PCB minus bios switch, rgb circuitry.

He is confirming with Sapphire if it has dual vbios as manufacturer product page states this. But as there is no switch only TriXX would change vbios, which he's say is Nitro feature only. He is author of TriXX.

Last edited:
It doesn’t mean too much to be honest GM, having a higher stock core clock seems to be a better indicator of silicon quality to me. HWINFO64 is the only app that can read it so far. After testing my 42% Nitro is slightly better than my 46% Nitro.

Just checked my nitro and my ASIC quality is 43.4%. Surprisingly low figures. I'm expecting 7950 and 7970s with much higher quality....

Its not unbearable, just annoying in some cases, I tuned the card by undervolting, reducing power alotment and bringing the clocks down to 2500 Mhz (stock level) as I prefer low temps and noise due to the case size (its SFF NR200P). The weird thing is, its more audible at less demanding games (WoW) and can barely hear it in more demanding games (Cyberpunk).
Performance wise, its a fantastic card and obscenely more powerful than my last one.. no complaints at all in this regard!

Thats because coil whine tends to be worse at higher fps. Your card will be pumping out much higher fps in WoW than Cyberpunk

Last edited:
Does anyone else find the stock fan profile on the nitro really aggressive? It'll hit 100% fan speed while the gpu temp is in the mid to low 60's and junction temp in in the low 70's.
Anyone else experience similar or is it just mine, ended up just setting the max fan speed to 50%

Apologies if you’ve already done this, have you tried locking the frame rates of your games to the refresh rate of your display to see if this makes any difference?

Back
Top Bottom