• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

The high multi-monitor power draw issue affected RDNA2 for some in early driver releases but they managed to iron it out so I expect the same here.

Last edited:
Okay, try these settings for now. Leave your fan profile as is.

Put power limit to 0%. Set core voltage to 1050. Leave the min core clock at 500Mhz. Leave the max core clock at 2.9Ghz, if this works out later you can try increasing it to 3Ghz. Set the memory to Fast Timings enabled and 2700Mhz and test. If you get flickering/flashing while gaming, reduce memory to 2650Mhz and retest.
Crashes in Witcher with those settings, so it’s probably just the game?

Prior to the crash the junction temp was around 65’c

The high multi-monitor power draw issue affected RDNA2 for some in early driver releases but they managed to iron it out so I expect the same here.
The VRAM does not always downclock on 6900xt with multi displays, most drivers are ok though, not had it in 4-5 updates.

Has anyone managed to get a solid 60 in Witcher with rt at 3440x1440, what about cyberpunk, what are the best setting to play that with some of the rays on? (only two games that I’m botched about with RT)

The VRAM does not always downclock on 6900xt with multi displays, most drivers are ok though, not had it in 4-5 updates.

Yeah, I still have the issue depending on the refresh rate of my screens, but I rarely have the second switched on sonl it's not a big problem. Also had the same thing intermittently with my 1080 Ti on certain drivers.

Has anyone managed to get a solid 60 in Witcher with rt at 3440x1440, what about cyberpunk, what are the best setting to play that with some of the rays on? (only two games that I’m botched about with RT)

Stick FSR 2 on perf and you should be good. Witcher with RT gets massively CPU bottlenecked in places though so if in cities/towns it drops below 60 don't be surprised, GPU use will drop and one/two CPU cores will get maxed. Seems to be a game bug where it isn't distributing the cpu load over all the cores like cyberpunk does etc.

Would swapping from a 5800x3d to AM5 be worth it?
Yes, 100% yes. Warzone loves 3DVCache, I say this as a person who had a 5800X3D on Warzone with a 6900 XT and later a 6950 XT. If you get a 5800X3D, a 6900 XT/6950 XT would be a perfect match.

Just read the comments. ;)

EDIT - Let me edit my post slightly as I didn't realise you were already on 5800X3D.

Swapping to AM5 from (AM4) 3DVCache would only be worth it if you swap to a Ryzen 7000 series that features VCache. Then it will be worth it! @Kali81

Last edited:
7900xtx_new.jpg

Unreal Tournament 3 at 4k, 400fps! Skyrim at a constant 60fps without having to turn ENB settings down! I can actually run Quake 2 RTX now!

Some coil whine at high frame rates, but far from the worst I've heard.

High idle power. From the recent driver release notes I was hoping a workaround would be to set the refresh rate to 60Hz for both monitors, but unfortunately it only goes down if I both set the refresh rate to 60Hz and disable Windows HDR. Hopefully it won't take too long for AMD to fix it.

...please make sure to post the stock max frequency core clock your sample comes with...
I checked immediately after installing the card and it said 3140MHz. I checked again before posting this, and it now says 3080MHz.

7900xtx_new.jpg

Unreal Tournament 3 at 4k, 400fps! Skyrim at a constant 60fps without having to turn ENB settings down! I can actually run Quake 2 RTX now!

Some coil whine at high frame rates, but far from the worst I've heard.

High idle power. From the recent driver release notes I was hoping a workaround would be to set the refresh rate to 60Hz for both monitors, but unfortunately it only goes down if I both set the refresh rate to 60Hz and disable Windows HDR. Hopefully it won't take too long for AMD to fix it.

I checked immediately after installing the card and it said 3140MHz. I checked again before posting this, and it now says 3080MHz.
Oof, 3140Mhz, that’s higher than mine which also varies but peaks at 3105Mhz.

Back
Top Bottom