• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Soldato
Last edited:
Associate
WOuld there be any point in me grabbing a 5800X3D - Currently on an 5800X standard, but obviously have my 7900XTX - I game mainly on my 4k TV downstairs so not sure there would be much point for the cost at that resolution?
I did exactly that. I swapped my 5800X for a 3D. It improved my fps significantly. Much cheaper than a 7000 series upgrade.

Associate
I had a Corsair HydroX 3080 rig. That also corroded but that was my fault. There are some nice photos in r/watercooling of my stuff somewhere.

Associate
I’ve never played it. My card is great. My issue is that the hit is too great when recording for me. It’s a 50fps drop. I record for review purposes so I can see what mistakes I’m making etc. This is esp useful with BR games.

Associate
I’ve never played it. My card is great. My issue is that the hit is too great when recording for me. It’s a 50fps drop. I record for review purposes so I can see what mistakes I’m making etc. This is esp useful with BR games.

I’ve considered this myself but analyzing my (many) mistakes would take to long .

Caporegime
With AMD, I find it's best to use HEVC for recording. The quality is good (better than AMD H.264), the file sizes are smaller (than AMD H.264), and the performance hit from recording is 1-2FPS.

It's one area where the XTX does better than the 4090, gameplay recording hit. The 4090 costs around 5-6 FPS vs recording, whereas HEVC on the XTX costs me 1-2 FPS.

These are the settings I used if anyone would like to try them.
XTX - HEVC, 100Mbps, 60 FPS, AUDIO 112Kbps - using AMD Software ReLive.
4090 H.264 100Mbps, 60 FPS. Can't adjust audio quality - using Nvidia Shadowplay.

On AMD you can also use the AV1 codec for recording. It's slightly better quality vs HEVC but also has a similar performance hit to H.264 on the 4090.

Associate
With AMD, I find it's best to use HEVC for recording. The quality is good (better than AMD H.264), the file sizes are smaller (than AMD H.264), and the performance hit from recording is 1-2FPS.

It's one area where the XTX does better than the 4090, gameplay recording hit. The 4090 costs around 5-6 FPS vs recording, whereas HEVC on the XTX costs me 1-2 FPS.

These are the settings I used if anyone would like to try them.
XTX - HEVC, 100Mbps, 60 FPS, AUDIO 112Kbps - using AMD Software ReLive.
4090 H.264 100Mbps, 60 FPS. Can't adjust audio quality - using Nvidia Shadowplay.

On AMD you can also use the AV1 codec for recording. It's slightly better quality vs HEVC but also has a similar performance hit to H.264 on the 4090.

I’ll have another look. I’m in 1440p and hevc looked blurred. I’ll up the bitrate and have another go.

Back
Top Bottom