• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Soldato
I've received my Nitro+ two days ago but pretty sure I'm going to have to return it due to the third fan not spinning (it failed Sapphie TRIXX), just so I don't look like a complete numpty could any other 7900xt Nitro+ owners confirm that all three fans on their GPU's spin under normal load and it's not some new design where the third fan only kicks in when hot. It's working fine and holding at temps between 60c and 70c.

Might be a good idea to visually inspect it underload?

Associate
Hi guys, Ive had my eye on a 7900 XTX for while so I picked up the Nitro+ when it hit 1099....

Out came the 6800XT with its Water block and in went the Nitro+ with just the CPU plumbed in.

It just about fits in the Kolink Matx Case. The case does not support 3 slot vertical mount (it will with a bit of modding) so its propped up on some foam and some tubing. The 3 PCIe power connectors stabilise the card. The card has to be fitted into the case at an angle and it cant physically fall out.

Glass side panel has to be left open with using the PC for gaming. I will Water block it soon but not in any rush. Its one beast of a card very cool running. Small OC and Undervolt.

Hats off to my release day reference 6800XT its served me really well but I really wanted that next gen tech upgrade.
I love that this card can really push my LGC1 65" OLED TV games look and run awesome at Native 4K with 120Hz/120FPS. Love this purchase and thanks to you all here for the replies and tuning info. :)

7I1EiMu.png

bpdgLWM.png

4xyIs46.png

Last edited:
Man of Honour
There's a Sapphire 7900XT at £750 on the store, think it's a reference card; is the Pulse £50 better at £800 if i'm not overclocking? And at that price range would a 4070 Ti be a better choice? Or a Sapphire Nitro 6950XT for a bit less. I have a 4K screen, but normally just run a mix of mid and high settings which look fine. Mostly play fairly easy to run stuff then bosh a AAA single player like plague tale or cyberpunk for 30 hours before getting back to like Destiny or Diablo 3. PSU is a decent 750W and happy to undervolt the card.

I have no first hand experience of both cards, but this would suggest.., maybe.

"Our apples-to-apples cooler comparison test shows that Sapphire's RX 7900 XT Pulse comes with a cooling solution that's only slightly more powerful than the reference design cooler, which makes it weaker than many competing cards from other board partners. Nevertheless, Sapphire found amazing fan settings for their card. With less than 29 dBA, the card is almost whisper-quiet, yet temperatures are still good with 69°C. Other vendors are shooting for even lower temps (why?), and compromise on fan noise in the process. The XFX Merc 310 is very loud, much louder than the Sapphire Pulse, and the ASUS TUF has a huge, expensive cooler that's only marginally quieter than the Pulse. While other vendors are using a dual BIOS feature to offer some choice in terms of settings, Sapphire's card comes with a single BIOS only and that's perfectly fine. The fan settings are as good as they get—no need to mess around, just install the card and enjoy your games. As expected for a modern graphics card in 2023, the fans will stop spinning when not gaming, for the perfect noise-free experience."

Gibbo also said this in another thread:

"Sapphire generally never a problem. But what does happen if MBA is longer available you’d be offered a 7900XT Pulse as replacement or if it’s when new stuff coke out in a year two then maybe an 8800 XT if no repair or replacement available or a partial refund, the whole point is to give options and then it’s your choice."

Caporegime
Hi guys, Ive had my eye on a 7900 XTX for while so I picked up the Nitro+ when it hit 1099....

Out came the 6800XT with its Water block and in went the Nitro+ with just the CPU plumbed in.

It just about fits in the Kolink Matx Case. The case does not support 3 slot vertical mount (it will with a bit of modding) so its propped up on some foam and some tubing. The 3 PCIe power connectors stabilise the card. The card has to be fitted into the case at an angle and it cant physically fall out.

Glass side panel has to be left open with using the PC for gaming. I will Water block it soon but not in any rush. Its one beast of a card very cool running. Small OC and Undervolt.

Hats off to my release day reference 6800XT its served me really well but I really wanted that next gen tech upgrade.
I love that this card can really push my LGC1 65" OLED TV games look and run awesome at Native 4K with 120Hz/120FPS. Love this purchase and thanks to you all here for the replies and tuning info. :)

7I1EiMu.png

bpdgLWM.png

4xyIs46.png
Nice card man, enjoy!! I went with a Sapphire 7900XT, excellent card and the build quality is second to none!! :cool:

Associate
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/sapp...i-express-graphics-card-gx-3a7-sp.htmlThere's a Sapphire 7900XT at £750 on the store, think it's a reference card; is the Pulse £50 better at £800 if i'm not overclocking? And at that price range would a 4070 Ti be a better choice? Or a Sapphire Nitro 6950XT for a bit less. I have a 4K screen, but normally just run a mix of mid and high settings which look fine. Mostly play fairly easy to run stuff then bosh a AAA single player like plague tale or cyberpunk for 30 hours before getting back to like Destiny or Diablo 3. PSU is a decent 750W and happy to undervolt the card.
Yes thats the reference one i woul go for the puls /https://www.overclockers.co.uk/sapphire-radeon-rx-7900-xt-pulse-20gb-gddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-3a7-sp.html

Associate
@Kaapstad - another proud Nitro+ owner for you to add to the list. Ordered it a few days ago and have given it a proper hiding since. No coil whine, smooth RGB and all 3 fans work accordingly... also, the RGB header stayed on this time!

KKLW4gy.jpg

Enjoy! I still feel like I'm playing operation with the argb header every time I pull the card out now

Soldato
Enjoy! I still feel like I'm playing operation with the argb header every time I pull the card out now

Gave it a wiggle and a prod just to make sure all was well before installing.

Ran 3dmark for 30 mins or so and no issues, darn thing is so quiet I have to tilt my rig to make sure the fans were working... zero coil whine under load. PSU was getting warm but nothing concerning, the Torrent seems to be doing a stella job of keeping those GPU temps down as it barely peaked above 52°.

Caporegime

Ran 3dmark for 30 mins or so and no issues, darn thing is so quiet I have to tilt my rig to make sure the fans were working... zero coil whine under load. PSU was getting warm but nothing concerning, the Torrent seems to be doing a stella job of keeping those GPU temps down as it barely peaked above 52°.
Yes one of my favourite things about the cooler is the quiet fans.

Caporegime

This is what appealed to me. I love a quiet PC and to have a GPU virtually silent under load is great.

Not going to get a chance to install mine till the weekend unfortunately.

Soldato
Pretty sure it was a first batch issue as there was a few reports of it. The pins on my first card was in the bag?

Shaken not stirred you could say?

Mine was just weak as hell, it literally folded off the pcb without barely touching it. I only weigh 9 odd stone and I’m not a big or strong chap, I was surprised at just how poor it felt.

I’m not touching it again haha.

I’ve also used a GPU stand with mine, although not the one it comes with, although I’m sure that does a fine job.

Without one, there is a fair amount of flexing, even though the construction of the card feels solid.

Soldato
Shaken not stirred you could say?

Mine was just weak as hell, it literally folded off the pcb without barely touching it. I only weigh 9 odd stone and I’m not a big or strong chap, I was surprised at just how poor it felt.

I’m not touching it again haha.

I’ve also used a GPU stand with mine, although not the one it comes with, although I’m sure that does a fine job.

Without one, there is a fair amount of flexing, even though the construction of the card feels solid.

It's a heavy bit of kit that's for sure however, the included support bracket does the job from what I can see. It's a solid piece of metal but nothing special.

Associate
Received my 7900xtx Sapphire Nitro+ on the 16th and it's been absolutely solid. It is a beast of a card photo of it below in a Corsair 4000d. Over the weekend I noticed the price went down nearly £50 which is a bit of a bummer. :(
wNA9z9oGPjiKnq6FQuwaKZ0jX8TpxEhpyC4Pp7Yg3YDjYQeaIfLOS19lalW6XHQ23UImDn5HKq73wPOJ1AqgQosxdGTZZ97Z4JAKCoiZbLiFi78TQtfFDosTKtERp8HLxb5qT6T2BSdSo4qJ2Ohf1BWHNcRy2_5L2owrJe8qLVCLUgdXiuHLjsnqnAcMjpYakgdt2HCe3mG9S0KsFnDAwUXlvs27dCec7nPhe4c8EhzLVKWdvr6y3Jpw8RaC246f7KTamzuEqWK75fODGo4WqclD9i9YAZc1awanV5D0gM3LrgRtVw8gP9Od-mMSKgGvKxskb-xQqcDV_k1wnuBSjdnQH9zhHDFfBvG5jVKIFKCDSZpE4RVAOBidp4OwYSR9vY8gtmDzZociSR5x2Dpzt3GB5EMMVXFW6VYy3tv81Wr7BxCqLDRK-T4NxQnRML6SNa6GOVk-KkkBz3qQ0fD_WEC9faFGCywc7hwJmfB1tusITCqetUfcO2bCEzMdtwDPtvPMcmx_Z7brWKFie3HMmgOi30JFdTDGoTLltT8Crlp1yu2CRzrL7gDGnXEACnWHoOH9Kp-g8TONmtr-XiaXSZDFgZ0_nVvwz-xGSfTd2M-Mmw2b9pXNSucIwvi_Mknhe79NVhL74i5fG-F00L2Ze-Fp4j8Z8zsovldn_KM9zVPQi683Z70YDo5l55I7RgLQG4WvqIN6cADX1Q_vzvNVaFlIwndE-7mwyAtFD82ymXtPBNF6g_K5szxfQx1K56EBlzHWYVBuELkyZfWAZuXWbgXlxGnvDq1UqupPdBy8cvL7to7EAp0TXRiLNN8prJzJswoYhoiv2MECyd3xvmBredZm3uxuUOno_6-JqCt5XFeL1_XiHJOS7kGpcerSaGqgoHaLe3inIOdN1_xKlNMWjmqzsUG-kofyZkt_GcjsBXQjrWknxuh-FgFtGzW3vz4odHUbzF11t1qykbVg3xdLw8pNlTf5LWlK2SEDi2Y9m7U7HEZZdFaiZE4S=w1134-h854-s-no

Last edited:
Caporegime
Received my 7900xtx Sapphire Nitro+ on the 16th and it's been absolutely solid. It is a beast of a card photo of it below in a Corsair 4000d. Over the weekend I noticed the price went down nearly £50 which is a bit of a bummer. :(
wNA9z9oGPjiKnq6FQuwaKZ0jX8TpxEhpyC4Pp7Yg3YDjYQeaIfLOS19lalW6XHQ23UImDn5HKq73wPOJ1AqgQosxdGTZZ97Z4JAKCoiZbLiFi78TQtfFDosTKtERp8HLxb5qT6T2BSdSo4qJ2Ohf1BWHNcRy2_5L2owrJe8qLVCLUgdXiuHLjsnqnAcMjpYakgdt2HCe3mG9S0KsFnDAwUXlvs27dCec7nPhe4c8EhzLVKWdvr6y3Jpw8RaC246f7KTamzuEqWK75fODGo4WqclD9i9YAZc1awanV5D0gM3LrgRtVw8gP9Od-mMSKgGvKxskb-xQqcDV_k1wnuBSjdnQH9zhHDFfBvG5jVKIFKCDSZpE4RVAOBidp4OwYSR9vY8gtmDzZociSR5x2Dpzt3GB5EMMVXFW6VYy3tv81Wr7BxCqLDRK-T4NxQnRML6SNa6GOVk-KkkBz3qQ0fD_WEC9faFGCywc7hwJmfB1tusITCqetUfcO2bCEzMdtwDPtvPMcmx_Z7brWKFie3HMmgOi30JFdTDGoTLltT8Crlp1yu2CRzrL7gDGnXEACnWHoOH9Kp-g8TONmtr-XiaXSZDFgZ0_nVvwz-xGSfTd2M-Mmw2b9pXNSucIwvi_Mknhe79NVhL74i5fG-F00L2Ze-Fp4j8Z8zsovldn_KM9zVPQi683Z70YDo5l55I7RgLQG4WvqIN6cADX1Q_vzvNVaFlIwndE-7mwyAtFD82ymXtPBNF6g_K5szxfQx1K56EBlzHWYVBuELkyZfWAZuXWbgXlxGnvDq1UqupPdBy8cvL7to7EAp0TXRiLNN8prJzJswoYhoiv2MECyd3xvmBredZm3uxuUOno_6-JqCt5XFeL1_XiHJOS7kGpcerSaGqgoHaLe3inIOdN1_xKlNMWjmqzsUG-kofyZkt_GcjsBXQjrWknxuh-FgFtGzW3vz4odHUbzF11t1qykbVg3xdLw8pNlTf5LWlK2SEDi2Y9m7U7HEZZdFaiZE4S=w1134-h854-s-no
Spare a thought for those of us that paid £1300 for it. :cry:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom