• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Associate
Well I'm back on the red team. My 3080 FE is going to get RMA'd for replacement but in the mean time I've picked up a 7900 xtx nitro as a replacement. Couldn't stomach the extra getting a mid tier 4080 plus the cost of vertical mount for the o11 mini. Saved a few quid and went XTX. Just running some stability and benchmarks and it's performance is pleasing! 3D Mark shows a massive improvement in all areas even using my 5600x - although gaming at 4k I think it will be fine, for a while at least. As I'm not bothered about RT I think I've made the right decision.

Associate
The nitro is quality, I would say in 99% of games you will be fine with the 5600x.
Cheers. It seems to be a beast. Just played about with the undervolt auto overclock thingymaboba and it's got faster and cooler. Winner. I also think about the heating bill coming down in winter - I'll just play some games - my "office" hit 29 degrees while testing!! I'll be getting a tan at this rate!

Associate
What is the 7900 XTX card like for coil whine? Considering the TUF version after my nightmare with two 4090 cards...
I went through 3 TUF XTX and Nitro+ XTX all had terrible coil whine. I then tried the Gigabyte Aorus XTX and it’s been the best one for coil whine. I can still hear whine but not as bad as the two cards a mentioned previously. I could hear them from the room next door.

Associate
Cheers. It seems to be a beast. Just played about with the undervolt auto overclock thingymaboba and it's got faster and cooler. Winner. I also think about the heating bill coming down in winter - I'll just play some games - my "office" hit 29 degrees while testing!! I'll be getting a tan at this rate!
I don’t expect to turn on the heater in my office over winter when my rig is on it pumps out so much heat that I decided to not turn it on over the recent heatwave as my office is at the top of my house and it gets ridiculously hot.

Associate
Coming from the green team where you have Ge-Force experience and their one click optimised settings for games - does AMD have anything similar?
Google "Customize Graphics Settings with AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition". Look at the 'Advanced Settings' section. I think that's what you're looking for.

Associate
After looking for a rig update, I was going to go 7800XT, but I saw last week the price dropped on 7900XT to £699 and was going to snap one up but sadly couldn't get to my phone to order by the time it was back up to £799 - Has anyone been watching the fluctuations to know when it might drop again?

Caporegime
can someone please confirm if 92c is ok as memory junction temp? on a red devil ?
It's not bad and not great, from what I've seen it's about average for those cards (Powercolor not done a great job this gen tbh).

edit - Also the card fan speed will affect it slightly if you run it slower than programmed.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not sure if I'm having a midlife crisis here, but just ordered a Powercolour 7900xt Hellhound.

I really don't need it, but once I complete remnant 2 on GeForce now, there are no other games I want to play via that, I need my Returnal fix.

Back
Top Bottom