The Rangers Saga and Fallout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
They bought another site on Renfrew road and used that instead, the old love street will be re-zoned for housing, at the moment its just a building site.

I really hope if Rangers are somehow allowed to get away with this then all other clubs in debt instantly go into administration and do the same thing before the rules are changed behind Rangers, this could well kill the game up here, many fans are prepared to walk away rather than support a corrupt organisation, the SFA has to be strong here and punish Rangers fairly and correctly.

I suspect they wont, but there still will be a few more twists and turns to come.

Soldato
They bought another site on Renfrew road and used that instead, the old love street will be re-zoned for housing, at the moment its just a building site.

I really hope if Rangers are somehow allowed to get away with this then all other clubs in debt instantly go into administration and do the same thing before the rules are changed behind Rangers, this could well kill the game up here, many fans are prepared to walk away rather than support a corrupt organisation, the SFA has to be strong here and punish Rangers fairly and correctly.

I suspect they wont, but there still will be a few more twists and turns to come.

They've got until the end of the season before any new rules come in and as the clubs haven't voted yet on punishments then I doubt anything will change once Rangers dodge their debts. I also expect the transfer embargo to either be lifted or cut.

With the comments that Miller was given assurances by the SPL that Rangers would be in that league next season I think we can safely say deals have been done to save them and protect "the integrity of the league". Will be interesting to see how many fans of the other teams will boycott their own clubs after this great escape.

Soldato
HMRC are saying though that they have had no contact, SFA are saying the same thing.

Someone is lying, we just dont know who it is at the moment.

The people who are going to get this the worst is Celtic, the diddy teams are used to being screwed, we have been for years, I dont think Celtic's fans are going to take this lying down and I hope they dont.

Soldato
HMRC are saying though that they have had no contact, SFA are saying the same thing.

Someone is lying, we just dont know who it is at the moment.

The people who are going to get this the worst is Celtic, the diddy teams are used to being screwed, we have been for years, I dont think Celtic's fans are going to take this lying down and I hope they dont.

Well it'll give them something different to moan about thats for sure ;).

Will be interesting if fans of other clubs boycott their own clubs however. Surely an away boycott to Rangers would be a better action. Why punish their own clubs that just doesn't make sense.

Soldato

Will be interesting if fans of other clubs boycott their own clubs however. Surely an away boycott to Rangers would be a better action. Why punish their own clubs that just doesn't make sense.

Its not punishing our own clubs its about there being no point in going to watch a league where cheating is condoned, I think even sensible Rangers fans would be embarrassed if they were allowed as a newco into the SPL with no penalties after cheating the tax payer out of potentially 100 million pounds.

Soldato
Alasdair Lamont on Twitter:

David Whitehouse: "We've already been in consultation with largest creditor, HMRC and they're fully aware of and are supportive of the bid.

Other statement that creditors (including HMRC and Ticketus) have voted in favour of the proposals for a deal.

Soldato

It's not about punishing their own clubs, it's about walking away from Scottish football completely since there would be no point participating in a corrupt league.

Why pay money to their clubs which have no chance of competing, with the 11-1 voting structure which isn't likely to change so no reforms to come in and where there is no punishment for blatant cheating.

Soldato
Its not punishing our own clubs its about there being no point in going to watch a league where cheating is condoned, I think even sensible Rangers fans would be embarrassed if they were allowed as a newco into the SPL with no penalties after cheating the tax payer out of potentially 100 million pounds.

Yup I hope you are boycotting Vodaphone, amazon, apple for the millions (billions in some cases) for screwing the taxpayer also.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yup I hope you are boycotting Vodaphone, amazon, apple for the millions (billions in some cases) for screwing the taxpayer also.

Completely different thing. My team doesnt play in a league with Vodafone, Amazon and Apple. I didnt see my team lose a cup final to Apple thanks to them spending outside their means.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ah so selective screwing the taxpayer is ok then? Glad we got that sorted out. :rolleyes:

You are putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with whatever number you want, its a ridiculous argument.

This is sporting fair play we are talking about, its not just the tax payer Rangers have shafted, its other clubs, its Scottish football itself.

But I guess as long as the big hoose stays open, thats all that matters to you, eh? :rolleyes:

Its not something ill be part off, either Rangers are punished properly or a lot of people will walk away from their clubs who sanction this. Id be embarrassed to support Rangers at the moment, no shame, no morality and no dignity. Scotland's shame is what Rangers used to be known as, now its going to be Scotland's shameless.

Soldato
You are putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with whatever number you want, its a ridiculous argument.

This is sporting fair play we are talking about, its not just the tax payer Rangers have shafted, its other clubs, its Scottish football itself.

But I guess as long as the big hoose stays open, thats all that matters to you, eh? :rolleyes:

Its not something ill be part off, either Rangers are punished properly or a lot of people will walk away from their clubs who sanction this. Id be embarrassed to support Rangers at the moment, no shame, no morality and no dignity. Scotland's shame is what Rangers used to be known as, now its going to be Scotland's shameless.

Yes I want my club to survive who wouldnt. It also looks like SFA/SPL want "The big hoose" to stay open. Especially the SPL they have 2 cash cows why would they sacrifice one of them?

Rangers should be punished I agree but can only be punished with sanctions that are in place.

Soldato
Yes I want my club to survive who wouldnt. It also looks like SFA/SPL want "The big hoose" to stay open. Especially the SPL they have 2 cash cows why would they sacrifice one of them?

Rangers should be punished I agree but can only be punished with sanctions that are in place.

I dont think anyone is suggesting anything other than that?

The devil to Rangers fans, a voice of reason for fans of other clubs for properly investigating the whole sorry affair.

Soldato
I dont think anyone is suggesting anything other than that?

The devil to Rangers fans, a voice of reason for fans of other clubs for properly investigating the whole sorry affair.

Yeah but the strange thing is there are sanctions that could be used agaist the club by the SFA but they went down the route of lets not use them we'll dream up another sanction instead. Why didnt they kick Rangers out of the Scottish cup for next season for example? Could it be becasue in doing so it would make the competition less attractive to sponsors?? I'm asking a question not stating a fact. Had they used that as a sanction I'm sure it would have been accepted as it was a punishment that was ther in black and white.

And as for Thomson meltdown video well yeah a real voice of reason :p

Soldato
Yeah but the strange thing is there are sanctions that could be used agaist the club by the SFA but they went down the route of lets not use them we'll dream up another sanction instead. Why didnt they kick Rangers out of the Scottish cup for next season for example? Could it be becasue in doing so it would make the competition less attractive to sponsors?? I'm asking a question not stating a fact. Had they used that as a sanction I'm sure it would have been accepted as it was a punishment that was ther in black and white.

And as for Thomson meltdown video well yeah a real voice of reason :p

You do realise that the punishment Rangers were given was within their remit?

Yes, Thomson actually is the voice of reason actually, hopefully he's the one telling the truth and the administrators are lying, I see no reason why he would be telling lies when the administrators have lied about things already.

Rangers fans just stick their fingers in their ears and go "blah blah blah" when anything negative is said about their club, regardless of whether its true or not.

We dont know the full sanctions that Rangers will face yet, maybe there will be more, maybe they will bottle it and back down on the existing pretty lenient penalty in place, we dont know yet, thats why fans are prepared to walk away though, if they prostitute Rangers to keep a tv deal, its too much for a lot of fans who will vote with their feet, me included.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not really there are plenty who do not trust the Admin one bit never have and still dont.

Yes its in the we can make up what ever punishment we see fit bit. I know that what we want to know is why it was used rather than other sanctions that were there in black and white. SFA and Regans Transparency yeah right. Dont make me laugh. Even the Raith Rovers guy wanted to say how they got to this sanction but feared SFA reprisals if he did.

Soldato
Well explain and show where its been stated that the sanctions were created? They were lenient given the maximum that they could have imposed which was expulsion from the league, Sandy Jardine however trotted out that Rangers were hit with the maximum penalty, which was complete nonsense pandering to the lowest common denominator who are too thick to read and realise it wasnt the maximum at all.

Soldato
That's mad! What's to stop every team in Scotland doing that just to start next season debt free?!?!

Worse still, what's to stop every company registered in Scotland doing that to avoid millions and millions of pounds in tax in the region?!?!?!?!

Rangers looking to shoot Scotland in the foot a bit...

At least the guy is nice and shady/clueless so if nothing else a new set of rules will sink the club when this falls apart again in a few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom