The Razer Phone

Associate
Like the look of it. I've been tempted by the S8 lately, but this Razer phone feels like a better fit for me personally. Quite like the industrial design - looks pretty robust. Reminds me of HTC m7, which I loved. The things I'd miss, though, are wireless charging and waterproofing.

Will wait for full reviews though.

Ginga

Soldato
Bah, after thinking between iphone 8, pixel 2 and then almost pulling the trigger on S8 due to price now I am thinking of getting this phone instead, although not a big fan of large phones I do prefer 120hz + decent speakers for a phone on that large screen. Seems like a really good phone but I am not sure on razer quality as their peripherals do fall apart and have QC issues in my experience. Also hate their logo, it would be just embarrassing to take it out in the public!

Soldato
Based on the build quality of the last mouse I bought off them, which was so crappy I sent it back, I don't think I'd contemplate spending that kind of money buying the first ever phone the company has released.

It would take someone seriously brave to take that plunge given we have no idea what their support and update frequency will be like.

Personally I think I'd either go for a oneplus5t or a galaxy s8 myself over this given the price tag. Both seem like a safer bet to me.

Soldato
It would take someone seriously brave to take that plunge given we have no idea what their support and update frequency will be like.

Apparently Razer left the Nextbit team the freedom to design the phone however they want, and with full control, so judging from the Robin it should be decent. And it doesn't need the changes for the cloud app archiving either, so it hopefully should be quicker to update.

Soldato
The entire package looks superb tbh. I had an S8 down as a possible replacement for my 6P but now I'd rather have this.

I love the square chassis and the fact that it stands out vs every other phone nowadays in this regard. The dual FFS's look totally fine and I can't wait to hear them in action. I just hope Razer can deliver on the build quality end of things at the end of the day. Not too fussed about the camera just yet because I'm hoping the Google camera.apk can be used on the device to make things a tad better. The only real downer from my PoV is the loss of the headphone jack.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
OP
I've just been into the three shop to have a look. That screen is great! Super smooth and responsive.

Very little bloat too.

In fact overall it's a great package. The camera seems decent too to be honest from the samples they had taken in the shop.

Soldato
The razor phone confuses me. its got a 120hz screen, its for hardcore gamers!

up until now hardcore games scoffed at phones and tablets because they have no physical controls.

so it's for hardcore gamers then! just , you know, without any buttons. But you can connected a bluetooth controller to it!

I guess you have to be proper hardcore if you're going to sit there and do that with a phone lol.

but regardless of that, it's a great screen. Only had a quick look at one though. want a proper play.

I love the square chassis and the fact that it stands out vs every other phone nowadays in this regard.
Sony?

Permabanned
Why do you need 120hz display? I'd rather have have an OLED display, doesn't have to be the newest.

Don't see the point, surely it would just create more heat and kill your battery life if the framerate was that high..... I don't get it.

Back
Top Bottom